🐈
» Forums » Support » A Client paused a contract right after he off...
Page options
yafet_berhanu
Community Member

A Client paused a contract right after he offered me. Does affect my JSS score in the future?

Hello Upwork community

I really need your help. I am just starting to get a job and I recently got an Interview and the client wants to hire me but he says he is having an issue to make an offer, he sent me some screenshots that shows the error he is facing and I have posted the question about the problem here but didn't get any answer that helps me. So I continued chatting with the Client and he told me to work on the task untill Upwork fixes the issue. That was a red flag for me (the client payment method was verified and but he have 0$ spent) but the task was really easy so I just finished the asked him if the issue is fixed or not. He told me he contacted customer support and sent me  some screenshoot again and asked me to sent him the files I am a new bie here so even if I sensed a scam here I want to have a good relationship with so he will invite me on future jobs( I now know that wa a big mistake). I then asked him to change the conract type to hourly (because his problem was making an offer to make a fixed price job) he changed it and then sent me an offer but right after I accepted the offer boom he paused it and told me he will activate it once Upwork fix the issue.

I am shocked right now not because of the job but what if It is a scam and the client closes the offer without leaving me any feedback or don't close the contract at all for long period of time? does it affect my JSS score in the future( I don't have any badge right now)?   and what shall I do on this situation?

I contacted upwork support but I didn't get mucch help

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Yafet B wrote:

does it affect my JSS score in the future?

No, it doesn't.

Your score would only be affected if the client left poor private feedback.

I would just close the contract and walk away from this, you've wasted enough time on it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths