🐈
» Forums » Support » You can't submit a proposal because your agen...
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,779 REPLIES 1,779

Hi Dragos,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4a495a01
Community Member

Hi!
I've been communicating with frelancer, but our chat is now archived and I'm blocked to write/do anything. What do I do to resolve it and proceed the communication? 

I'll be greateful for the help,
Ira
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ira,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges while communicating with your client. I checked your account and I regret to inform you that your account has been temporarily placed on hold while we wait for you to verify your account. I see that you have already submitted your documents. Please allow 1-3 business days for our team to review and update your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0e6703e8
Community Member

Hi all,

I received a message that my account was automatically deactivated. I contacted the support but there is no reply What to do in this case

Hi Mustapha,

I see that you replied to the notification sent to you via this support ticket. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to respond back to you and assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0e6703e8
Community Member

Thank you Luggi ..

More than 48 hours have passed and I have not received any reply

Hi Mustapha,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I see that the team replied with an update and you followed up with them; rest assured they will continue to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d35cb7d7
Community Member

my acount suspended

Sorry about the sad development, kindly write to Upwork support for assistant..

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Misganaw,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
0e6703e8
Community Member

Thank you Andrea

My account still suspended 

More than 48 hours have passed and I have not received any reply

Hi Mustapha,

We've followed up with the team that's handling your case. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0e6703e8
Community Member

thank you Joanne 

but More than 72 hours have passed and I have not received any reply yet 

angelimex
Community Member

Saturday morning I woke up to my boss messaging me about an email he received from Upwork saying that my account was "blocked from upwork due to terms of service violations". I tried to reach out to upwork staff but never was able to get through the AI chat. I tried EVERYTHING to learn more about my money I had in my account and to know why they told my clients that I violated the TOS. You would ask "and how are you posting this?" - I found a ticket I opened with Upwork a few months back and asked for help there and I received a reply saying

"I’m contacting you because we have fully restored your Upwork account. This means you can resume posting jobs, submitting proposals and invoices, and making and receiving payments."

but no reason as to why they did what they did. I cannot reach anyone, this is just super wrong that you can just ghost us in this manner, serious lack of professionalism on Upwork's behalf. Do you have any idea the stress and anxiety that you caused me because I thought my income was over without a doubt and without a reason???

AND I received NO email about this situation informing me anything, I found out through my boss. 

I have no idea where else to turn. 

😞

The major issue with Upwork is that they don't have live chat support. I've tried accessing the supposed live chat, but if you have an open ticket, it doesn't allow you to reach them again. Despite being around for so many years, they still have very slow responses to each problem.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miguel,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ios_metaproject
Community Member

Hello there,

Hope you are doing well.

I have a couple of questions, please.

Firstly, I can't submit applications from our agency's roster and I get this msg "You can't submit a proposal because your agency is suspended." How can we solve this problem, please?

Secondly, is it possible to transfer the agency ownership to my partner who's also on the agency roster?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you very much.

Hi Alexander,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I checked your account and noticed that your agency account is placed on hold due to declined cards on your account. This will also stop you from submitting a new proposal and transferring your agency. To restore your agency account, please remove the declined billing method from your account. Let us know if you have further questions. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem where it says "You can't submit a proposal because your agency is suspended." I dont see any such notification in my profile. Can someone please help?

TIA

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Greeshma,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
9f91a356
Community Member

Hello There

Please Help

I can't submit a proposal because showing "your agency is suspended."

Anyone Please help me on this ?

Thanks

Divek

Hi Divek,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3bf612c2
Community Member

Hi, I am also getting this message wherein i dont see any suspension notification in my account. Please help.

Thanks

3bf612c2
Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to submit proposals because when i click on it, it says "You can't submit a proposal because your agency is suspended.". I dont see receiving any such notification in my profile. I just bought few connects for the agency an hour ago and that time it didnt say anything. Please help.

TIA

9d212ef5
Community Member

Hi, I am reaching out because my account says I am permanently blocked. I do not understand why. I still have access to my account and my payment method has been added, however, I am unable to message anyone regarding my job post????

Hi Sophia,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
thosakwe2
Community Member

I get this error message when I try to post a new job: "We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

On the help center page, I see the message "Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance. Read more"

However, my balance is $0.00.

My only payment method as of this time is PayPal. I also have a history of 9 successful transactions, dating back from February 19th.

Can you please lift this hold from my account?

You are literally preventing me from paying you more money...

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tobechukwu,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
celinelouis
Community Member

Hello,
It seems that my account has been suspended, as I'm blocked from opening new jobs and hiring new freelancer.
When researching, it seems that I should have received a notification email, but I can't seem to find any such email. So I'm not sure why I've been suspended and how to fix it.
Could someone advise me on what the situaion is, and how to fix the problem so I can move ahead with opening jobs.
Many thanks

Hi Celine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f2b1388f
Community Member

Hi! The othe day i tried to buy the membership and my credict card was rejected. I talked to my bank i and fixed the problem. I entered two payment methods but my account is still blocked. Where is the issue now? I need to talk to support please. Can you help me?

thanks

Hi Soledad,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
lyndahbuckley
Community Member

Hello

I updated my payment method today from a card that was expired and then got a message saying my account was blocked.

Can you review and reactivate my account asap? I also have payments that need to be released and messaging views.

Thank you! Lynda 

Hi Lynda,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
wilmambasco
Community Member

My account got suspended last week for no reason at all. Last Monday only I noticed that my account was back again but my TRP was missing and my current contract shows "Ended", until today. Upwork already emailed me saying the error is from their end. I have now my TRP badge again. The question is, will my funds should be available today, Wednesday, since the contract ended last March 09?

Hi Wilma,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ba35150e
Community Member

I have a accunt which is suspended due to any reason. i am new user , still i don't know what happened,
ACTUALLY, i hired a freelancer 30 days before for a website project for fix price . but now account has suspended now will i get my money back?
PLEASE ANSWER

Hi Ahsan,

~ Nikola
Upwork
videominder
Community Member

I got notification when trying to create a job post that my account has been suspended, I am trying to contact Support Team but I couldn't, Can I get any help from here?

Hi James,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your Upwork account. I followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths