🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,779 REPLIES 1,779

Wondering how can you pay yourself? Created an another account? If so, it is a serious violation of ToS. 

Hi Will,

I checked and saw that you already have a ticket. We've followed up with the team that's handling your case. Someone will update you directly on the same ticket. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
cynthia_ee
Community Member

I wasn't aware until my freelancer informed me and when I logged in I saw that my account was blocked permanently. I didn't receive any email notification so I'm not sure how to appeal this or contact Upwork. Appreciate your advice. 

Hi Cynthia,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
7b64cf73
Community Member

hey... I went to my messages and saw that I'm restricted from it. What was the problem, I'm new to this, so I need help. Thank you!

Kind regards.

Nilaya

Hi Hana,

Thank you for reaching out. I see that the team contacted you via a support ticket with more information regarding your account status. Please refer to your ticket, and don't hesitate to follow up with the team if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8023c789
Community Member

Hello,

My account was permanantly suspended without giving me any notice. Apperently because I had a duplicate account open a long time ago which I forgot about. They asked me to choose, and I chose this. They still haven't lifted the restictions from my account, it's been 2 days. I have an ongoing job with a freelancer, and I cannot receive my work, nor can she receive payment. I have a really urgent deadline. 

Worst upwork experience ever. Never using it again after this job.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for reaching out. We've followed up with the team assisting with your case and they've just shared an update with you via your support ticket. Please refer to your ticket for more information and don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1f63a405
Community Member

Upwork is not responding to my ticket and my account is restricted from past almost 15 days. I want to submit my proposal and I am being restricted as of now. I want to grow and I have invested so much of my money and time in this profile. 

Asif Baig

Hi Asif,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f627080f
Community Member

Hello, I've completed the verification process, and currently, my status is under manual review. However, I've been actively engaging in recruitment discussions with potential candidates. Unfortunately, I'm now suspended, and I'm concerned that this might cause me to lose out on potential hires. Is there any way to expedite the process? My business urgently needs to recruit staff.

Hi Khai,

I understand how important it is for you to continue discussing with potential freelancers. I want to confirm that our team reached out to you already. You can access the ticket from the team here. Please follow the instructions they provided in the ticket so that they can assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f627080f
Community Member

Thank you so much Joanne

4e5db3fd
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

My Upwork account was suspended since 12th March 2024 because I violated TOS unknowingly. I have submitted all the email conversations with client and the screenshots of our work done to prove the point in the appeal. The support team is unresponsive now. Please kindly help me to reactivate my account.

I will take care of all Upwork Terms in Future. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Hi Manish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4e5db3fd
Community Member

Thanks for your response, but still did not hear anything on support ticket, please help to escalate.

4e5db3fd
Community Member

Hi NikolaS and other Upwork team,

It has been more than 3 weeks and my profile is still showing temporary suspended. I didn't hear any reply from Upwork even after regular followups.

Please help to activate my profile asap so I can start my work.

Thanks!

Hi Manish,

I've followed up with the team reviewing your case, and they've just recently shared an update regarding your account status. Please refer to your support ticket for more information, and don't hesitate to follow up with them for further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
64e22c3d
Community Member

My upwork got suspended for id verification, i verified my account last year i still don't why they decided to suspended in the last few days.i need more clarifications as to why my account is banned and how can i get it back

I am currently working for a client and  i am almost done with the job but i have my funds available for withdrawal how can i withdraw when i'm unable to log in to my account, i had to use a friend's account to post this. Please kindly help to restore my account and  if not help to withdraw my funds beacuse i need it urgently,

Thank you.

Hi Adeleke,

Please send me a private message with more information so I can check. You can PM me by clicking on my name. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b53c3374
Community Member

I have active proposals and then you've blocked my account, then i upload my location, but all my proposals and applies for job was dissapered. How can you refund it back?

Hi Kristian,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

My account has also been temporarily suspended a week ago. Also, I have been asked few questions and I responded to the same. I am waiting since last 5 days , there is no response from upwork. I am unable to withdraw my earnings  also. Please assist.

Thanks

Hi Manpreet,

I can see that our team is already corresponding with you, and you have also replied to the ticket. Please allow them time to check and update you on the same ticket so they can further assist you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0284a2be
Community Member

I have blocked my account an i did every thing that they said to do, i dont know how find a solution there is no one to contact to solve the problen what should i do?

i need a suport, maby a email, phone number, something , please

Hi Juan,

I checked with our team, and I'd like to confirm that the limitation on your account has been lifted. You can now log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a9462b0d
Community Member

My account original account was blocked a few days ago, the support did their checkups and marked the case as solved. They said the only thing i needed to do was change my profile picture.  However I was unable to edit and change the profile picture, the edit button was greyed out, cleared cache and nothing same with no emails or follow ups.   This is not my freelancer account, I created this simply to get into the forum.  I did not use my same name so there would be a flag of creating another account.

Please assist. 

Here are my support case numbers ID#46220186 & ID#46247889

Hi Steven,

I can confirm that the team is actively assisting you via your support ticket. Kindly allow more time for the team to finish their review. They will follow up with you once they have more information to share. 

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and get you the best possible outcome faster. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
a9462b0d
Community Member

Thank you, does the team work 7 days a week? It will be tough to recover business once the weekened passes.

barhoumti
Community Member

Hello,

I received a notification stating "We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now." I updated my Primary Billing Method immediately but the issue still persists.

Could you assist me in solving this problem and thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Hi ibrahim,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
630d572f
Community Member

hi team my account is still showing temporarily suspended. why you are not giving me any reply i am done my work and my client account is permanently suspended . he told me he is not giving me money now what can i do . plz try to understand . i am not able to widraw my earnings. plz activate my account this is my humble request. Thankyou Mahendra Kumar

Hi Mahendra,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. It looks like you are already corresponding with someone from our team. Please allow them time to review and update you directly on your open ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0e6703e8
Community Member

Please resolve my issue !!

It has been more than 15 days and it has not been clarified what I should do to recover my account.

After contacting the support, I received a message explaining my case, I recommended the case, but so far I have not received any response.

Will it take long?

What should I do now?

thank you

Hi Mustapha,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0e6703e8
Community Member

thank you Joanne .

Will it take long !

784a6076
Community Member

I am not being able to apply for any job, yesterday i got my first client and i completed the project and submitted client was very happy as i had a deadline of 9 days but i completed the project in just 6 hours, he was satisfied so the job was completed and i was rewarded with payment, then i added a payment method for withdrawal, after that when k tried to apply for new job, i noticed that apply now button was greyed out and not working, now i am not able to apply for any new job and whenever i click on compare mebership plans, i get message that my access have been restricted and i no longer have access, what should i do plss help me solve the issue so that i can work further

Hi Gurekam, email Upwork Support for assistance. They would be able to explain why you have been restricted and they can guide you on how the restrictions will be removed.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gurekam,

I'm sorry to learn about this experience. We understand how you want this issue resolved to get paid for your work. I can see that a support ticket was raised with your account concerns. Please allow our team 24-48 hours, and you will get an update on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7f91559f
Community Member

I've submitted, and resubmitted identity documents through the mobile app, and have not heard back from support for weeks. Is there something I am missing or does this process usually take this long? I'd really love to start working more on Upwork, but cannot go too much longer without a timeline at least.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths