🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,779 REPLIES 1,779

Hi David,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
alexdaviddu1996
Community Member

Hi, 

I have started on UP-WORK again, before I had an account and I had history but for some reason after working for few months the platform decided to ban me, now I came back I uploaded my Passport, Resident ID of the country I am currently living and it keeps asking me to re-upload, re-upload there are no live chat support I already created a TOPIC here related to the Identity verification however now I went to a chat support and I was basically chatting with the BOT and the BOT said my account is suspended? 

This is very frustrating I do not even know what I have done like I just signed up I got the first job here and the account is banned how will I do now? should I continue to work with the client? after getting the JOB done will upwork unban or need to wait? 

Imagine you are working on UP WORK and some day thehy decide to ban you that is it this is very frustrating. 

here is the ticket ID ID #46657179 I have logged if someone is out there like a moderator and can give me a help here I would really appreciate it.

Hi Alex,

I am sorry to hear about your experience/ Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address of your previous account?

- Pradeep

Upwork
054b62ae
Community Member

Hi dear moderators of Upwork. My account was frozen for a long time, but today I verified my identity and I want to continue working on Upwork. But I have the same problem. How can we solve it?

Hi Areg,

I checked and can confirm that your account is no longer on hold. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies if you still see that on your end? Let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
35e7f6f9
Community Member

Hello Upwork community members,Hope you are doing well. I created another fake community account because I am not getting response from customer support. As the matter is solved, I will delete this account. I am very much worried about my account status because I am not getting any response from 20 days.

They marked my every ticket and every appeal for account suspension as solved without any response. Please resolve my issue.

Hi Mehak,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Why I am not getting response from customer support.

Mehak, support requests are responded to in the order they are received. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
35e7f6f9
Community Member

but they marked my every ticket as solved without any response.

e03955bb
Community Member

Hi Team,

My propossal has been cancelled by upwork, what is the reason for it, kinldy clarify it.

Regards,

Karthik

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and it appears that your account has been temporarily placed on hold while we complete a review of your account. Due to this, your active proposal has been archived until we complete our review. To expedite the process, please verify your account by clicking the 'Get Started' button on your Upwork homepage. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
a75a6ebe
Community Member

What is going on? Is this normal? I just joined Upwork 30 min ago so my company can hire someone. I went through the set up process, completed my profile and even entered a card for payment. Now less than 30 min later, my posting is closed, my profile is no longer available and my company is suspended???? This seems very suspicious. Has anyone else had this happen. Not making a great first impression on me that's for sure. Worried I am now being scammed for that card number. 

I also am ubable to contact anyone to ask about this or get any customer support? What other platforms do you all suggest? This is not favorable at all. 

Hi Teri,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you and your company. I can see that you've been coordinating with the appropriate team about the status of your account. Please continue doing that through an active ticket on this page or your email so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Reach out to support by email. Support@Upwork.com

1dced650
Community Member

I subscribed for a membership, I applied for a job and bid with connects.  Then my account was suspended without any explanation or whatsoever. Now, my proposal was withdraw and I can't reapply! 

These all happened within two days which is absurd after verifying my identity and even subscribing for a subscription. If I can't reapply, I would like to get at least a refund for my payment.

Hi Mickaella,

I checked your account, and the limitation has already been lifted. One of our team members has also updated your ticket to let you know. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
c2af7dc4
Community Member

For the last three days, I have not received a response from the Trust & Safety team, and my profile has been suspended for four days. I had a live chat with the agent tomorrow on the same issue, and he assured me that the team would respond quickly from now on. I've now made the decision to ask for aid here in the hopes of receiving a positive response.

However, I received no response. The standard response from Upwork is, "Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to respond to your support ticket." I have been waiting for over three days. What am I currently capable of doing?

Hi Ramzan,

We understand how you want this issue with your account resolved immediately. I can confirm that your case has been forwarded to the appropriate team for further review. Please allow our team time and you will surely get an update on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly checked. 

We seek your patience and utmost understanding. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
9dcd9bb2
Community Member

I have connects yet I can't apply for a job ,I need assistance 

Hi Nelly,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
lord_13
Community Member

Me and my friend tried to support each other here on Upwork by outsourcing our extra clients to each other. Since it's only for our extra clients, we only do that in emergencies when the other one can't handle the demand. After that, for some reason, UpWork suspended both of our accounts. We filed a ticket but none of us got any reply. Please, anyone, help us. Thank you!

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
164bdfaa
Community Member

i got a contract and i did and i got the payment, but the account is suspended. i don't know what happend? this is my ticket number 46703856 still not response

Hi Ermias,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e65392d2
Community Member

Kindly Help me out as well. I am facing the temporary account suspension. The ticket is open from last 2 days but no one get back to me to help me out from this. I am also facing the restriction on some of the paltform's features just because of this.

Hi Umar, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your post with the team handling your case, and one of our agents will follow up as soon as possible. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5b415019
Community Member

Posting here as have not had a response to my suspension appeal / support ticket in 7 days.

Concern is they've been 'lost in the system' as it states I should have a reply within 24/48 hours.

Hoping someone from Upwork can help.  

The tickets are:

Hi Jamie,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket associated with your original account as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
villar88
Community Member

Hello! i need help to fix my account suspension. I have two open tickets without more responses.  #46330899 #46414842 I have already ONE MONTH with this problem and i dont get my account back. I dont understand what is missing. Support in a forum tell me that they send me an email with some information that i need to provide, but i dont get that email, I already send everything in the ticket 46330899 and i dont get more response there. I have about 10 years working in upwork. More of 90 clients, 12,671 hours worked here. I dont understand why this take all this time to be resolve, is crazy, i already get the email "Your ID has been verified, and now you're good to go!", but the account is still suspended. What i need to do for fix this please!!!!! I dont know what to do for you lisen to me.

Hi Jose, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I will be happy to help. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
villar88
Community Member

Thanks Nikola. This is really important for me. My account is my life and i can not lose that. 😭

e65392d2
Community Member

I received the email that upwork suspend my account because i paid myself but actually i have not. 
I professionally know Haleema through LinkedIn. She wanted to help her in her project. So I guided her to make and account on Upwork and hire me professionally. I did her work in very professional manner. Upwork appreciate the efforts if any freelancer take any client to the Upwork from any business platforms like LinkedIn and utilize the platform here. So  I did the same. 

Kindly recover and open my account as soon as possible. I need to submit some work for my other client Kaleb. I will be very thankful to you for this. 

P.S: I also shared the link of her linkden profile in the reply of ticket. 

Thanks 

Kindly help me out i this issue. 

Hi Umar,

We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e65392d2
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 
 I want  to submit my work and initiate discussion with my existing client. Will it affect my online reputation in front my client ? How much time is require to solve this issue .

I am facing the account suspensoion from last 3 days. I have tried my best to approach every concern person but no one help me out from thid. After this, I also have received the notification that my financian transaction have been limited. 

Hi Umar,

I see that the team recently followed up with you via your support ticket with them. Kindly refer to your ticket for more information and continue communicating with them from there. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dae6e345
Community Member

Yester i suddenly got email for re-verification of my profile.

There I show the button get started when I goes to that busson I selected to send link to mobile number. Then I got link in my mobile. When I click to that link I redicted to that page where I was before.

Again I click for mobile number link. Again I got link. Again I click to that and again I redicted to that page.

I didn't able to process for verification.

And today my account was suspended which is still suspended and I am not able to accept the offer of client.

Please help upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths