🐈
» Forums » Support » Account suspended
Page options
yatchvi
Community Member

Account suspended

My account has been suspended, I just made my account few weeks ago, I was inactive for a while. But today, I checked the account and boom, it has been suspended. Please let me know what is the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

917 REPLIES 917

Hi Sodiq,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a1ec0b9d
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

Thank you for your response. I just wish the process could be more expedient and my account can be back up and running in the shortest possible time.

7d4fcabb
Community Member

Get to know the terms and conditions of Upwork in a good way. And now talk to Upwork support.

3344f10c
Community Member

My account was suspended and I also have funds pending 5-day waiting? What will happen to the funds if I can not get it? Or who will enjoy it? 

Currently, I don't have access to my dashboard.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

I checked but don't see any suspension on this account. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
3344f10c
Community Member

Hello Andrea, kindly update me on the status of the funds. I don't like someone think I took their money without doing the required job. I don't know why Upwork will charge my client on job that I didn't do and decide not to refund him. It's very bad.

Hi Amanda,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
he4321
Community Member

hi, 

I follow the instruction from the website but I cannot see the indentify verification button, my account wasn't used for such of a long time, but now I reactive my account, how can I unlock my account from temporary hold ? 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Truong,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

My account is suspended due to a violation. Don't know what it exactly is.

I'm considered to violate something and I've no idea what to do about it.

Would like someone to send me the email of the customer service. Couldn't be able to contact them directly. So please help. I decide and promise to not let this happen again.

Help me out, please.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Revs,

It looks like the team reached out to you back when your account was suspended with instructions on how to lift the suspension. Please refer to your support ticket here. You can also reply from the notification sent to your email address.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

I'll review the upwork terms of service carefully in a few days. Thanks for
letting me know.
85d5bca6
Community Member

i just completed my profile and this popup came saying my account is suspended.

I don't get it why

Hi Hiba,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
arshad_mughal
Community Member

I am facing this issue. My account status is not turning public neither I am able to apply for any project. Kindly help me out pls

Hi Arshad,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your account status.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Just contact support via Twitter, they will assist you immediately. I had
same issue some time back
e6484e93
Community Member

hi , my upwork account is suspended for no reason i recive an email we cant verify your location and you are using proxy or vpn i talked to my internet provider they said there is no problem My rights are not taken care of, please take care Can I solve this problem by sending documents such as electricity bill or similar?

Hi Mehdi,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can view and respond to the ticket directly from your registered email address as well.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

that Ticket closed without solving my problem

I really do not understand why this happened, I am a web developer Please solve my problem

Hi Mehdi,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible via email to assist you further.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
at2558
Community Member

My account has been suspended and I have no idea why. It says contact support and I've tried the chat which has been useless. Can someone please help or guide me in the right direction to getting my account back? 

Hi Abigail,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
e8636cb3
Community Member

Hello,

My account has been suspended, I tried to change my profile picture few days ago with my mobile device. I checked the account now and boom, it has been suspended. Please let me know what is the issue.

Hi Olawale,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
2bd812a1
Community Member

Hi,

My name is Axay Acharya.

I am new freelance registerd in upwork,

while browsing the job submit proposal option is disabled for me,

i can only see or save the job

Please help

Hi Axay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
daf7a41f
Community Member

Hi, I'm Foridul Islam. I'm a full-time freelancer. I received an email today and a notice suspending the account for violating Upwork's catalog. I provided 3 catalogs in the last few days, but my account was suspended because I did not know the Upwork catalog policy and law.  I'm so sorry for my mistake. I will not make any more mistakes in the future.  I want to get my account back because freelancing is my career and my only source of income.

I emailed and said I was ashamed of my unintentional mistake.  But I haven't got any email or account back yet. I don't know what to do. I need help.  Someone help me

Hi Foridul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
daf7a41f
Community Member

Thanks

mariskao
Community Member

My account is suspended. 

Your request (#34519342) has been updated. You may reply directly to this email or by opening the link below:

/support.upwork.com/hc/requests/34519342

Reason is, that the verification code did not come through to my email address. And I have a new cellphone number, so also did not receive it there.

But no, one is doing anything to open my account again so that I can try to log in again. What the heck? I have interviews waiting. This client service is terrible!!

Hi Mariska,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
b3duard
Community Member

Hello,

I am having big problems with the account of one of the members of my agency. He is working on a hourly contract at the moment. He tried to send an invitation today for a new job and it says that his account is suspended. Why did this happen? We followed your Terms of Service to the heart and his account was previously verrified. 

We are losing leads every day the account is suspended. Can you please provide an update on this issue? We really hope there was just a technical error. 

I am looking forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Eduard

Hi Eduard,

Thank you for reaching out. Please note that we cannot discuss the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Kindly refer your agency member to the notification they received from Upwork regarding their account status. They can also get in contact by clicking the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sergiozelaya15
Community Member

Hello, I was wondering WHY my account has been suspended without any given reason.  I've been following Upwork policies and I've been getting a lot of clients that have been sending me job invitations and asking for my personal and contact information WITHOUT an Upwork contract. If anything you guys should be suspending THEM! Please advise ASAP!

Hi Sergio,

I checked and can confirm the team has already reached out to you with information about your account suspension and how to resolve it. Please refer to your support ticket #34551520 here

~Andrea
Upwork
8129fd96
Community Member

Hello, my account is suspended , and I dont know why ?

is there anything I can do?

I can't login to the account

Hello, OdeSus!
did you find the reason for the lockout?
Maybe you got some kind of letter in the mail?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you're referring to. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
4f6b0344
Community Member

Good evening, dear support!
Apparently, there was some mistake, because this morning I noticed that my account was banned - "Your account has been suspended. Please contact support".

On March 27 (5 days ago) I received an email that I needed to verify my residency - I sent all the necessary paperwork.
I sent all the documents on time and checked more than once to make sure the data I filled out was correct.
Also before that, I sent my passport and went through facial verification.

I think there must be some mistake, please review my application and documents. I need to get back to work with my client soon.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths