🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Hi, I can't change location country, defa...
Page options
Tilde S Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
Angshu N Community Member

Hi, it looks like I mistakenly selected location as the US while signing up and now I am unable to change my Location in profile. I am currently located in Nepal. Thanks for your help.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Angshu,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to Nepal?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Daiane Margarette M Community Member

I'm still having trouble with updating my account. My country has already been changed but the city options were still for Australia.

Upwork Country Change.jpg

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Daiane,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Then add your street address first before going over to the City field. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Evan H Community Member

Hi,

I have a client account, with the country set to South Africa. I am trying to create a freelancer account but during the profile creation under 'Location' my country is set to USA and I am unable to change it to South Africa. This also prevents me from giving a South African cell number on the next screen and thus I can't complete the registration.

Appreciate your assistance. 

Thanks

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Evan,

Your country was updated s per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Erin M Community Member

My country is set to the US although I am living in Thailand - can you please change this for me?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Erin,

Your country has been updated to Thailand. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Timothy Jake F Community Member

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Timothy,

Could you please share the country you are currently located so I can check? Thank you

~ Joanne
Upwork
Richard C Community Member

Hi,

I need my country changing to Israel. Can you change this for me please?

Many thanks,

Richard.

Hi Richard,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I'm currently in the Philippines right now.

Thanks!

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Timothy,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I've already submitted all the needed requirements and the support ticket is now closed.  But, still the location/country is U.S., I wanted to change it to Philippines where I'm residing.  I can't complete my profile setup because of this.

Emily M Community Member

Hello, I would like to change my country from uk to Mexico please?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Emily,

Your country has been changed to Mexico. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Jeremy B Community Member

hi, unable to complete profile. the app is constantly putting me in the UK. Not a problem generally, I just change it to the correct country. Generally in France but currently in New York, would like to put the address I am at but the app insists I am in the UK and won't let me modify. Tried to upload photo but that also failed. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Jeremy,

I apologize for the delay in our response to your post. One of our team members reached out to you to assist further with your concern about your location. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Darya S Community Member

Hi there!  I am encountering a problem while creating my freelancer account. I need to change the country to Kazakhstan where I m based now. I hope you can help. Thanks! 

Hi Darya,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Jonine G Community Member

hi can you help me change my location to philippines. chnaged it in settings but it's not allowing me change  it to where i can complete my profile

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Jonine,

Your country has been updated to Philippines. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Scott H Community Member

Hello, I am located in Guam, which is in the United States but it isn't recognizing my address or allowing me to change my country to anything but the United States.

If Guam is an option as a country please change my country to Guam. Otherwise please advise me on how to input my Guam address with the United States as my country.

Scott H Community Member

Would anyone be able to help me with this request?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths