🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change my country
Page options
Tilde S Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi R M,

Feel free to confirm your country here and our team will update it from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Rima H. M Community Member

Current location - Germany

Hi R M,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks.

Can you also change the city to Munich?

I don't get the list of German cities.

Hi R M,

Please go to Settings > Contact Info or My Info (depending on your profile) > and you can add your street address and city. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am on 'create profile page' on page 9/10 without any 'setting' option. It cannot see any German city in the drop down list. 

Hi R M,

You`re on the correct window. Please clear your cache and cookies and then add your steer address first. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have tried clearing cache, cookies and history. I also tried using another device to change the city. It still gives me the cities list from my previous country. Can you manually enter Munich for the city?

Hi R M,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Annette B Community Member

Also having the same issues. Country says United States, but I'm living in Portugal. 

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Annette,

Your country was updated to Portugal as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Country has been changed to Portugal but it won’t recognise my address and the forces me to choose a state in USA.

Hi Annette,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Just tried after clearing cache and tried with two different browsers. Still only recognising USA address and States despite country being Portugal.

Hi Annette,

I'm sorry to hear that issue persists. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your address information.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Tobias B Community Member

I am setting up my profile, and when I am typing in my address to verify my location, I can't change my country. When I started setting up my account I lived in the US, but then moved to Norway, which is where I want to set my address.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Tobias,

Your country has been updated to Norway. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ying L Community Member

Hi moderator,   

I'm trying to change my country as I have to stay in China for a very long long time. 

However, it seems to be stuck on the United States? Is there any way to solve this problem?

Hi Ying,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to China?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Ying L Community Member

Yes, please, I want to update my country to China, thanks!

Bronnikov D Community Member

Hello! My name is Dmitry. I can’t choose my country, Ukraine, because I have the United Kingdom

Hi Bronnik,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Amy B Community Member

I began a profile ages ago when I was living in a different country (USA) - I can't seem to change this to the UK, where I now live.

The bot keeps telling me 'you need to be logged in to upwork from the country you want to change to'. Which I am.

This is infuriating.

Hi Amy,

Your country has been updated to the UK. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Amy B Community Member

Thank you very much!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths