🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: "This address could not be found. Try to ...
Page options
aatikahh
Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

460 REPLIES 460
ae95c31c
Community Member

I am not able to complete my initial profile set up, the system is stating my address is not recognized. 

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify If your address is not showing up on the suggestion list? If so, could you please click the ”Enter address manually.” option to enter your completed address? Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
821bc3da
Community Member

I'm having the same issue creating my profile. I have tried all the support tips in this thread but still says my address is not found.

d38a17c1
Community Member

Hello up work is not showing up any of my adresses for me to be able to set up my profile. can someone help me.

Hi Kierstin,

I'm sorry that we couldn't respond to this post earlier. I see that you were able to set your address in your account. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a11cf4ba
Community Member

I'm unable to complete my profile because my address is not listed and it will not let you move forward if you dont put in an address. I can not add my address to the list so its impossible for me to sign up to be a free lancer.

Hi Wes,
Surely, I will provide you with the solutions to complete your profile by putting your address. I understand that you are unable to log in as a freelancer, which prevents you from entering your address directly. To better comprehend the specific challenges you are facing, it would be immensely helpful if you could kindly provide 1 or 2 screenshots. This would enable me to identify the precise reasons behind the issue and offer appropriate solutions.

If you require further assistance, I recommend raising a support ticket through our help desk at https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us. Simply select the "Get Support" option, and our team will be happy to assist you.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or require further information.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kindest Regards,

Sanjay

Why are you representing yourself as working for Upwork when you don't?

Hi Wes,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
f5d04b21
Community Member

Hello! 
I can't write the full branch address in direct to local bank form. The address is longer than the field I guess.

Shawon

Hi Shawon,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
83c9d887
Community Member

Hi, Trying to sign up, but the address form does not recognize my address...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Greg,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon here to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
076d8ea4
Community Member

Hi, I'm on page 10/10 of profile completion but your site cannot find my address which is strange as its in a town and on Google Maps. There is no option to enter it manually, it just keeps coming back with the same address. Very frustrating!!!

Having the same issue, and can't find anyone to help..

Hi Jon,

I'm sorry to learn that you had trouble adding your address to your profile. However, I've checked and can confirm that you were able to add your address and set up your profile successfully. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
663c7269
Community Member

I've set up my profile but on step 10/10 keep getting this error. My address is legit. I even tried a second office address and neither of them could be found but it won't let me move past it. How do I manually enter an address if the system doesn't show it as an option? I'm on a Mac and I've tried to use both Chrome and Safari, but to no avail.

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this. Could you please clarify If your address is not showing up on the suggestion list? If so, you should have the option to ”Enter address manually.” to enter your completed address. Kindly try typing a few words from your address and click ”Enter address manually.”' below the error message "Unable to find your address". Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end, and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
663c7269
Community Member

My address is NOT showing up on the suggestion list. I have tried to enter it myself but then I get the warning that the address can not be found. There is no option to "Enter address manually" that I can find. See screen shots attached. (I blanked out parts of my address, just FYI, before posting this). 

Hi Kelly,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while adding the address. I appreciate you taking the time to add the screenshot of the error message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have cleared cookies and cache on my broswer and tried it through Chrome as well as Safari. I cannot get it to offer me the option to manually input address. I've literally tried this dozens of times. If I have this much trouble signing up, I can't imagine the process of finding and doing work on here will work out. So disappointing and frustrating

Hi Kelly,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have the same issue. There is not an option to  ”Enter address manually.”'

Hi David,

I tried and I wasn't able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. The system should give you the option to type in your address manually if we're unable to find your address on the suggestion list. Please see this screenshot for your reference.

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of the current one? You may also try clearing your cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
84eaf374
Community Member

I tried with Edge, Chrome and Firefox both in and not in provate mode. I have SSL disabled and TLS 1.2 and 1.3 enabled then also enabled 1.0 1.1, nothing works. I guess I'll use fiver instead. Thanks

Hi David,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

I am unable to enter my address to finish setting up my profile. My address is not one of the choices in the drop down box. I need my addresses added to the list.

b5259c38
Community Member

Is there a solution to this ? 

Hi GeorgeAnthony,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble adding your address. Could you please make sure you're using a supported browser? Does it give you the option to enter the address manually? If so, you may enter your full address using that. If not, please let me know so I can have the Customer Support team further assist you with this.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
38582ac0
Community Member

Getting actual human help here is QUITE the challenge, it seems. 😡 Brand new here, spent over an hour completing my "profile" + skills, education etc, only to get to the next to last page that asks for my physical address and be repeatedly told my address is incorrect.  It IS correct!!!!, is a rural address I've been getting my mail at daily for fourteen YEARS. Your software keeps trying to suggest another town I DON'T live in.  Anybody got a fix for this?? This isn't exactly confidence-inspiring for a newbie. And it doesn't help that your chatbot keeps giving the same lame non-answer over and over. Just sayin. I've reloaded the page, deleted and started over mulitple times, and am not doing it again. Hoping SOMEBODY sees this & gives me a fix for this ridiculous issue. Thanks~

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
38582ac0
Community Member

Screen Shot 2023-07-23 at 1.16.51 PM.png

There is NO "Enter Adddress Manually" pane. Please see screenshot. (I deleted my address info before posting this)

Thank you for the update, Susan. I've escalated your concern to the Customer Support team via a support ticket. One of our agents will be contacting you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
342edcf3
Community Member

There's no such option. Attached screenshot of the blank form, but the option doesn't appear when I try to enter anything either.

342edcf3_0-1693700006987.png

Hi Deborah,

Sorry to hear about the challenges while adding your address. To see the 'Enter address manually' option, you will need to type each character of your address slowly to allow the drop-down to load a matching address. If your address is not found, you will see a link named, 'Enter address manually' below the address box. You can also try clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser or using a different browser before you add the address. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
38d7d161
Community Member

Hi,

When I enter my address:  **Edited for Community Guidelines**, the system is unable to find **Edited for Community Guidelines**.  This has been a valid address for 15 years since this Condo complex was built.  Could you please assist me with adding my address to the system you are using or perfom some type of validation?

Thank you,

Jim Ellis

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2ccd9b9b
Community Member

I just signed up as a freelancer and it will not accept my address for my profile.  My address is not listed in the autofill dropdowns so it will not let me procede.  I used a different address that it suggested but I need to change it in my profile.  Can someone assist with this?

Hi Scott,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5807a712
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I've reached out to the support team twice and am getting no reply. I cannot finish my profile because the system does not recognize my address, or even the town I live in - Monticello, NM. I've tried putting in an address from my nearest city - Truth or Consequences, NM - thinking I could edit my profile once I got it going, but while it recongnizes Truth or Consequences, it doesn't reconize any address there. This is very frustrating. Can you or anyone help me?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths