🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot login with gmail
Page options
561f65a0
Community Member

Cannot login with gmail

I changed my email address associated with my account.

Now, when I log in with the new email, it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

I had to create  a NEW account with my old gmail address to post this message.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
561f65a0
Community Member

Upwork some how auto corrected and allowed me to log back in with my old email while having all of my account settings preserved.

Once I logged in with my old email, I went to Settings -> Connected -> Sign in with Google -> Disconnect

Once disconnected, I re-connected with the new Google email address and was then able to login using the new email address without received the error described in the OP.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
7ecaa442

Hi Matt,

Thank you for reaching out.

I have forwarded your sign-in concern to our support team. They will reach out to you as soon as possible with steps to recover your account. You can check for a response here.

Regards,

~ Johnabi
561f65a0
Community Member

Upwork some how auto corrected and allowed me to log back in with my old email while having all of my account settings preserved.

Once I logged in with my old email, I went to Settings -> Connected -> Sign in with Google -> Disconnect

Once disconnected, I re-connected with the new Google email address and was then able to login using the new email address without received the error described in the OP.

Hope this helps.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths