🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Categories will not save
Page options
John A Community Member

Categories will not save

I'm working on my profile and cannot get the categories to save.

I have attached an image.  It says "You must select at least one type of work".  

I have tried it in two different browsers, cleared cookies and cache and it's still not working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi All, 

I am happy to let you know that this issue is now resolved. We will be closing this thread but if you need further assistance feel free to post in Community and we will be happy to assist you. 

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi John,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Waqas T Community Member

I am also facing the same error. How to fix it? Kindly provide any assistance.

Tahami A Community Member

Hi. I am having the same issue. Please help me out on this.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Tahami,

We appreciate you reaching out and bringing this matter to our attention.  You can try changing the Categories from the bottom right part of the main page instead of the Profile settings. Please let us know if you will still encounter any issues so I can check back with them.

~ Arjay
Upwork
John A Community Member

THANK YOU Bojan!

Milen M Community Member

Hi John,

Can you share how you have sorted the problem?
I'm in the same situation.

Thanks 🙂

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Milen,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Vipul M Community Member

Hi 

I am facing issue while saving the category as QA & Teting

Vipul M Community Member

My registered email id is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Vipul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Stephan T Community Member

Sadly, just like so many others, my categories (under "Settings > Profile Settings > Categories")  won't save, please see the screenshot attached. 

Note I tried 3 browsers (Vivaldi, Chrome, Firefox), all on windows 10, always with the same result.

I heard the solution was to post a request here in order to get a support ticket running, so here I am. Thank you! 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Stefania Claudia J Community Member

I tried with different browsers and cleared the cache and cookies. Still not working. Need help. Thanks

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Stefania,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and it seems like I  can't replicate the issue. Can you please try doing this in any of these browsers and let us know if the issue persists?

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

I've tried the other browsers and it still doesn't work. Is there anything else I can try?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Stefania, 

Thank you for following up. Could you please share a screenshot of the error from your end so that we can assist you further? Please clarify if you see any error message when you try to save the category. 

~ Nikola

c6f32202_0-1652818883386.png

This is the message I get.

John A Community Member

I was told it would be escalated to the Technical Support Team, but it still isn't fixed.  VERY FRUSTRATING!

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

John A Community Member

You are correct Pradeep, but that was over a week ago. I would think that something like users not being able to add categories would have been fixed within a day or two, not linger for over a week.

Milen M Community Member

Hey John,

I'm not sure if they have fixed the issue, but I did make it work by changing the Categories from the main menu bottom right, instead Profile settings. I'm attaching a screenshot. 
I hope that work for you too!

Regards.

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 17.33.21.png

John A Community Member

Awesome Milen!  It worked - THANKS!

I appreciate you following you following up with a fix!

Azizur R Community Member

I also face the same problem. I have selected a category, But System is showing an error message- "You must select at least one type of work".

f332e072_0-1648369923132.png

Yurii A Community Member

I try to choose categories in my account. I tried to do it in different browsers and mobile, cleared cache but I see the same error: You must select at least one type of work. I tried to google decision but there is nothing solution in your site. Help me please.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths