🐈
» Forums » Support » Client is not responding after pause a hourly...
Page options
478a28b5
Community Member

Client is not responding after pause a hourly job

Dear Experts,

I'm fairly new in Upwork. After sending so many proposals, recently I have been hired for an hourly job by a Client. 

I was started work as per client's instruction.

Initially my limit was 20 Hrs/week. after 04 days, Client was decrease the limit 08 Hrs/week. 

Then after 02 days, Client increase the time limit 10 Hrs/week.

After 7-8 days, Client paused the Job without any prior notice.

Then I send message to client in best possible polite way that " I'm eager to continue assisting you on the project. If there's anything you'd like to discuss or any updates you need, please feel free to let me know. "

Client didn't reply me message.

After 2 days I again send a message in best professional way that " I am ready to continue working whenever you're ready to proceed. If there have been any changes, updates, or specific requirements that you'd like to discuss, please feel free to let me know."

But client didn't reply my message.

Please seggest me what should I do now...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7ecaa442

Hi Md. Salauddin,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand your concerns about a client who is not responsive after pausing a contract. Note that clients may at moments pause contracts for reasons best known to them. While we can't directly request them to let us know why they paused the contracts, we advise that you do not work on the contract while it is paused. Work delivered on a paused contract does not qualify for hourly payment protection. It will be best that you continue trying to reach out to your client again and give them some more time to respond as they may be busy or having issues that may be delaying their response. 

I hope this helps. Thank you for choosing Upwork.

~ Johnabi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
7ecaa442

Hi Md. Salauddin,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand your concerns about a client who is not responsive after pausing a contract. Note that clients may at moments pause contracts for reasons best known to them. While we can't directly request them to let us know why they paused the contracts, we advise that you do not work on the contract while it is paused. Work delivered on a paused contract does not qualify for hourly payment protection. It will be best that you continue trying to reach out to your client again and give them some more time to respond as they may be busy or having issues that may be delaying their response. 

I hope this helps. Thank you for choosing Upwork.

~ Johnabi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths