🐈
» Forums » Support » Delay in messaging system
Page options
topee155
Community Member

Delay in messaging system

I have to refresh the website in order to receive messages from the other party. I can see that a message has been sent a few minutes ago, but I don't receive any notification, and it doesn't appear in the messages section. I have to search for the name in order to find the person who messaged me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

I would like to let you know that the issue described in this thread is now resolved. We will be closing this thread from further replies. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding while this issue was being resolved. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
7ddf8bb2
Community Member

Sometimes I face the issue as well, I usually recieve the message on browser 1 min late and in the app the delay is more, sometimes upto 30 min.

dd054264
Community Member

I have the same problem since yesterday. The messages don't come at all. I check in the browser and in the application, but nothing works properly. Sometimes messages from several days ago are shown if I refresh the page.

topee155
Community Member

I have been experiencing this issue since yesterday. I tried restarting my modem, changing DNS, and everything else but it seems to be a problem with Upwork's servers. Upon checking with two different ISPs, I attempted to trace the route and found consistent results, indicating 'request failed' on the same category

ArjayM

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. We sincerely apologize if there's any delay with Upwork messages. I've escalated your community post to a support ticket to give these reports the attention they deserve. One of our agents will contact you soon on this page with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a01dad04
Community Member

Dear Upwork, 

Kindly check that my messages window is updating correctly as my recent messages should be on the top but they are not there, please check if possible.

Regards

I am also getting this problem. Also, I can not see new messages unless I refresh the page.

Hi Muhammad and Kerem, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if the issue persists? Additionally, you could try using Incognito mode on your browser.  

Let us know if the issue persists and we will be happy to help.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Upwork support team. In the past two days, the message notifications on my computer have not been working effectively. I usually use both my phone and desktop computer simultaneously, but recently, the message notifications on my desktop computer have been significantly delayed (around 30 minutes). Meanwhile, I still receive notifications normally on my mobile device. Could you please assist me with this issue? Thank you.

I have also had this problem.  In fact, this morning I had an interview scheduled.  The potential client posted a Zoom meeting invitation, but it took ten minutes for it to show up in my Messages.  By the time I saw it the client had left.

I have also noticed this. I use my Android smartphone for communication and my Chromebook for the actual work. New messages show up on my Chromebook rightaway, but are delayed by quite a bit on the Upwork app on my phone.

Edit: Actually, it might be the notifications on my phone that are delayed.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

We have received reports from users that they notice a delay in receiving messages. I want to confirm that this is a known issue; our engineers are investigating it further. As a workaround, those who experience this issue can refresh their Upwork Messages page to load the new messages. 

If we have more information, we will update this thread. 

We appreciate your patience. 

~ Avery
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi All, 

I would like to let you know that the issue described in this thread is now resolved. We will be closing this thread from further replies. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding while this issue was being resolved. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths