🐈
» Forums » Support » Did not receive connects after interview
Page options
hadikallas
Community Member

Did not receive connects after interview

Hi!

I got interviewed around 36 hours ago for 2 PROPOSALS that I submitted. (Did not work with these clients before), but I only received 10 connects. Can you please check?

Also If I get invitation from clients who I never worked with, do I get connects?

Thanks
Hadi

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,058 REPLIES 1,058

Hello Aswin,

Thank you for your message. As confirmed by Goran, you need to respond and connect with the client to win free Connects. Free Connect will be credited to your Upwork account within 24 hours from your response to the client's interview message.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
d987264b
Community Member

I have received several invitations to view jobs and I have also received responses from several applications I have made, but I have not received any connects.
Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks!

Hi Matias,

When you submit a proposal to a client, win an interview, and reply, you’ll get a bonus of 10 Connects. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days. Please know that you do not get awarded Connects when you are invited to submit a proposal. Please check out this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
khanhammad_u
Community Member

I have not been awarded with the free connects for responding to interviews. Can I request the administrator to kindly review my interview history and provide update on this matter..

Thanks

Hello Hammad,

Thank you for your message. I see that free Connects were awarded on all interviews that met the requirements. Please note that free Connects are offered only to interviews where the job was initially applied by you. This is not applicable to jobs where the client invited you to apply to their jobs or sent an offer directly. 

Thank you. 

Pradeep

Upwork
akhter-sameea
Community Member

I have won two interviews but did not receive connects. Pleas help me to get them

Hi Sameea, 

Has it been more than 48 hours? If so, please let me know which jobs you're referring to by sending it to me through a private message so that I can look into this for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes sent you a text please look at the matter.
f63617d3
Community Member

"You received 10 free Connects for responding to interviews! Search for new jobs to use your Connects"

Those days I got free connects, but nowadays Im not getting free connects for responding to Interviews why is that?

Hi Mohamed,

When you're responding to an invitation for an interview, you will not receive the bonus of 10 Connects. Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

~ Goran
Upwork

I said by sending job proposal not by getting invitations. When I send a proposal and client respond to that proposal those days I got free connects for that. But now im not getting.

Hi Mohamed,

Please keep in mind that you can only win 50 Connects in a 7 days period. Feel free to reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share the job titles with me so that I can check this and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A wrote:
I said by sending job proposal not by getting invitations. 

That isn't what you said.

Mohamed A wrote:
When I send a proposal and client respond to that proposal those days I got free connects for that.

No, you have to also respond back. And can only get 5 a week, which is still completely excessive.

I wish Upwork would stop this nonsense altogether, it is being so abused.

Petra R wrote:

No, you have to also respond back. And can only get 5 a week, which is still completely excessive.

I wish Upwork would stop this nonsense altogether, it is being so abused.

I agree. If some of the people in this 45-page thread legitimately got interviewed as frequently as they claim, they wouldn't need to worry about free connects.

akhter-sameea
Community Member

I am not receiving connects for responding to the job. This is unfair. I have complained a day before. I want to get my 50 connects for the week. In this week I only got 10 connects however, I have responded to more than 5 jobs. Help me to get connects.

Hi Sameea,

Please keep in mind that you can only win 50 free Connects in a 7 days period. Since you have already won 50 Connects you will not receive any additional free Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I know but i just received 10 connects. This is unfair. I did not receive other 40 connects.

Hi Sameea,

To view more details about your Connects go to Reports > Connects History. You can view here the number of Connects you've won in the past 7 days. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have seen they are less than 50. Most of the connects i have bought. Please help me to get

fakhar101
Community Member

Hi Upwork team! I am not receiving after accepting clients invitations and not response of clients on my purposals. 

Hi Fakhar,

Please keep in mind that when you're responding to an invitation for an interview, you will not receive the bonus of 10 free Connects. Here’s how it works:

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Upwork team! I have responded to an interview and take the job offer but I don't get 10 free connects from this. I have also look into my Connects History and I can confirmed there's no 10 free connects to a job that I have been working on. If you can take a look at my profile, can you check on my "**Edited for Community Guidelines**..." job and see if there's something wrong in the system? Thanks!

Hi Aldi,

Please keep in mind that when you're responding to an invitation for an interview you're not eligible to receive the bonus Connects. To learn more about how it works, please refer to my previous post here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm sorry my mistake. I forgot to mention that I have submitted a proposal to him so it's not an invitation from a client.

Hi Aldi,

Here’s how it works:

Regarding the job you're referring, you've also received an offer directly and because of this you're not eligible to win the bonus Connects. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, thank you for the answer!

Although I'm still a bit confused about how this works but I think the conclusion is if we have submitted a proposal but the client responded by the job offer that means we won't earn 10 connects, is that correct?

petra_r
Community Member

Aldi G wrote:

Although I'm still a bit confused about how this works but I think the conclusion is if we have submitted a proposal but the client responded by the job offer that means we won't earn 10 connects, is that correct?

Yes. There was no interview at all.

0c0e7752
Community Member

Got it. Thanks, Petra!

sajid_edu
Community Member

Dear UpWork Community?

I am not getting free connect in this month even after responding interviews. I have responded interviews for more than 10 jobs and even I m hired in 4 to 5 jobs but I did not receive any free connects yet. Can anyone help me what could be the reason? 

Dr Sajid Ali Y wrote:

Dear UpWork Community?

I am not getting free connect in this month even after responding interviews. I have responded interviews for more than 10 jobs and even I m hired in 4 to 5 jobs but I did not receive any free connects yet. Can anyone help me what could be the reason? 

You don't get free connects when you are invited. 

I am talking about the jobs I applied for (without invitations). I submitted proposals got interviews and even hired) but I did not any free connect from last one month.

Hi Dr Sajid,

I checked and it does look like you've received Connects for winning interviews a few times in the last 30 days. Please check your Reports > Connects History to confirm. If there is a specific proposal/job post you're unable to find there please let me know so I could check.

~Andrea
Upwork
1fb13075
Community Member

I have done alot interviews this week and i didt recive any connects for responding to the interview

petra_r
Community Member

Ahmed M wrote:

I have done alot interviews this week and i didt recive any connects for responding to the interview

You only get connects if you originally applied, the client then contacted you, and you then contacted the client back.

That aside: You want to be incredibly careful uploading and/or hosting apps on your own accounts. Carefully think about why any client would not want their app hosted on their OWN account if everything was legitimate. If or probably rather **when** you end up uploading malicious or copied or plagiarised apps on your own accounts, you can be in very, VERY deep trouble. It's not worth the $5 those jobs pay.

pbansal6
Community Member

Hi 

I responded to an interview yesterday and on Saturday but have not received the free connects yet. Can you help me?

thanks!

Prabuddha

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prabuddha,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sijan58
Community Member

Hi, I wanted to enquire about the free connects that I should've got when the client reply to my proposal. This is the second time that this had happened, I should have got 20 free connects because the clients responded to my proposal.

Please check or have a look into it. 

Thank you

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sijan,

Please keep in mind that when you receive an offer directly, you're not eligible to receive the bonus 10 Connects. Here’s how it works:

~ Goran
Upwork
emilyguo
Community Member

Hi, I think I am to gain 10 free connects each month,but the last time I recieved free connects was in Apil,so why is it?

Thanks

Hi Yunyao,

I checked and it looks like you received your free monthly Connects according to your billing cycle. You can find more information on your Connects History page.

You’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. Not sure when your billing cycle begins? You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths