🐈
» Forums » Support » Did not receive connects after interview
Page options
hadikallas
Community Member

Did not receive connects after interview

Hi!

I got interviewed around 36 hours ago for 2 PROPOSALS that I submitted. (Did not work with these clients before), but I only received 10 connects. Can you please check?

Also If I get invitation from clients who I never worked with, do I get connects?

Thanks
Hadi

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,058 REPLIES 1,058

Hi Honey,

Could you please send me a PM with the job post link you're referring to so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
538db6f8
Community Member

I cannot able to pm you directly. It's trouble to reload. Here's the link

**Edited for community guidelines**I didn't received connects from that.

Hi Honey,

I checked the job post link you shared, and it seems like this is a proposal submission. You will receive Connects for winning an interview and not when you submit a proposal. 

Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Putri and Petra,

I'd like to clarify the process here. It is correct that Connects aren't issued automatically if the freelancer submitted proposal but the client followed up with a direct offer straight away instead of accepting the proposal and interviewing. However, in these fairly rare cases, Upwork team will issue bonus Connects to the freelancer manually. Putri, one of our agents has reached out to you about this. I understand that this is not ideal and the team is working on a more streamlined solution for these cases.

Note that Connects will not be issued if the client invited the freelancer to apply to the job or sent a direct offer without the freelancer submitting a proposal for a job first.

~ Valeria
Upwork

HI Valeria,

Thanks for clarifying this. I really appreciate your speedy response to my case.

Now, I kind of get what was the issue, maybe the system saw it as the client sent me a Direct Offer, instead of me bidding for it...  Although, personally I found it a great experience (not having to go back and forth for days to get a client offer me a contract) but I hope not all clients do this, especially if I already spend connects to bid for the job...

Yes, I got someone from your team emailed and manually added the connects, which is wonderful. Again, thank you so much for your attention in this case.

Have a great day to you.

Hi Valeria,

Something very similar to Putri happened with me too. I made a proposal, and the Cleint responded. We had a brief discussion and he gave me an offer. And, I accepted it! (Please note that I wasn't hired directly, as Petra wrote above). 

It's been more than 24 hours but, I didn't receive the 10 connects. Can you please let me know why?

The Contract ID is 27244756

Thanks!

Hi Ankur,

I would like to clarify that you're not eligible to receive 10 bonus Connects in this case. Your client has sent a direct offer and then you've discussed the project further. Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi everyone,
I'm also facing this issue called didn't get connect.

The solution says, if the client sent direct offer without an interview means no connects but manually.

So how can I contact manually to received my 10 connects??
Thanks

Hi Shahidul,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi! I'm experiencing the same problem right now. A got an invite then i sent a proposal. The client then messaged me but after 2 days i still didn't get 10 connects. Can you help me solve this like you did, please? Thank you so much.

Hi!
2 days ago a client sent me an invitation for a project. I responded to this invitation by sending a proposal, client and I have been in touch but I'm still not hired.

My concern is that, I wasn't I supposed to receive 10 connects for responding to an invite? Because it's been 2 days and i only have 1 connect left. I can't send proposals anymore and i really need a job. Please help me solve this. Thank you!

You only get free 10 connects if you spend your connects to bid jobs, win interview, and respond from the job marketplace. Freelancers don't get 10 free connects when you get direct invitation to submit proposal from clients 🙂

Hi Hart Angel,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello! I'm having the same concern. I submitted a proposal, then the client replied and sent me offer but I didn't get 10 connects. 

Hi Lalaine, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and congratulations on wining this contract. I checked and can confirm that you should receive your Connects within the next 24-48 hours. Let us know if you do not receive your Connects after this period so that we can assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Same situation here. I have had so many interviews from proposals I sent
but I mostly get 10 connects from all of the interviews, sometimes I don't
even get at all.
3ctechnologies
Community Member

Recently i havent got any free connects to my account even though i have got some intial response from some of the projects i bid on. Has the policy changed?

Hi Muhammad,

Yes, you can still get 10 free Connects for interviews! Could you please let me know the Job Post/Proposal you're referring to so I could check?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
e7b2fa98
Community Member

Hello

Yesterday I have called for two interviews and I have responded to the interviews as soon as they invited me. However, Connects for responding to interviews have not received to me for those two interviews. Please check and solve this issue as soon as posiible.

Thank you

petra_r
Community Member

Sasika S wrote:

Yesterday I have called for two interviews and I have responded to the interviews as soon as they invited me.

Did you originally apply to those job posts? If that is the case, give it 24 to 48 hours. If you were invited (without actually having applied) you don't get the connects.

e7b2fa98
Community Member

Yes, I have originally applied to those job posts. Before this happens those free connects for responding interviews were added to my Upwork account balance on the next day at 6 a.m. at +5.30 time zone.

petra_r
Community Member

Sasika S wrote:

Before this happens those free connects for responding interviews were added to my Upwork account balance on the next day at 6 a.m. at +5.30 time zone.

Getting a lot of those then? You can only get up to 50 in any 7 days and maybe Upwork wants to take a close look at your history of getting free connects from interviews.

e7b2fa98
Community Member

So after offering 50 connects for responding to interviewing per week, responding to other interviews doesn't give you any more connects? Is that right? 

petra_r
Community Member

Sasika S wrote:

So after offering 50 connects for responding to interviewing per week, responding to other interviews doesn't give you any more connects? Is that right? 

Yes, that is right. 

As a gentle hint: Manipulating the free connects system would get you suspended...

Hi Sasika,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and would like to confirm that you reached the maximum number of Connects you can receive in 7 days. As Petra already explained you can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days. Feel free to check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
1fb13075
Community Member

Hello

after the week end i should got all the connects from the last week or i just start from rest?

petra_r
Community Member

Ahmed M wrote:

after the week end i should got all the connects from the last week or i just start from rest?

You can only get up to 50 free connects per any 7 days.

That aside: You want to be incredibly careful uploading and/or hosting apps on your own accounts. Carefully think about why any client would not want their app hosted on their OWN account if everything was legitimate. If or probably rather **when** you end up uploading malicious or copied or plagiarised apps on your own accounts, you can be in very, VERY deep trouble. It's not worth the $5 those jobs pay.

1fb13075
Community Member

can you give me exemplar of what trouble i can go with please?
petra_r
Community Member

Ahmed M wrote:
can you give me exemplar of what trouble i can go with please?

Think long and hard why those people don't use accounts in their own names...

What kind of trouble you could get into? From losing your accounts to criminal charges.

1fb13075
Community Member

i thought they might need a cheaper price to upload there apps as the devoloper account charges 25$

and iam thinking of when google accept apps then it is legal apps

can you please let me know what you think?

petra_r
Community Member

Ahmed M wrote:

can you please let me know what you think?

I think you should avoid such jobs like the plague. I have seen too many developer accounts closed down for hosting illegal apps or fraudulent ones.

1fb13075
Community Member

I would like to thanks you for helping me understand this

1fb13075
Community Member

can you give me example of what trouble i can go on publishing this apps?

e7b2fa98
Community Member

Okay I got the point. Thank you for your kind and quick response.

d585cb35
Community Member

Hello,

I have submint 6-7 proposals for work and got invitation for interview from 4. But i did't get interview connects.

Hi Mayur,

Congratulations on winning interviews. Your free Connects will be added to your account within 24 hours from your first response to the Client's interview message. You can check your Connect history page for more information. Feel free to message us if you do not receive them after 24 hours from winning an interview with a client.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

I have waited 72 hours but didn’t get connects.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mayur,

Could you please let me know which job posts/proposals you're referring to so I could check?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
d585cb35
Community Member

Need help with servo motor size for machine prototype

Smart Irrigation System Algorithm for the overall operation with ports

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, Mayur! I checked and it looks like you didn't receive free Connects for these interviews because you'd already received the maximum. Please know, you can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days! 

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths