🐈
» Forums » Support » Do not want to use Google Signin
Page options
f97e03a1
Community Member

Do not want to use Google Signin

Hi,
I am using google sign-in to do the login to Upwork.

But now, I do not want to use my google sign anymore.

I want to use a separate Upwork username & password to login.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

262 REPLIES 262

Hi Oleksandr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork

Thanks for your support, Pradeep.

malnicolas
Community Member

I got confused because I thought I had no longer access to the email of my active account. I accidentally asked to restore my inactive account from a long time ago using my current active account and now I can't log in using my active account as the email said my SSO had been disabled for the current email. I need help regaining access to the account linked to **Edited for community guidelines**

If you accidentally requested to restore an inactive account using your current active account's email address, and as a result, your Single Sign-On (SSO) has been disabled for your active account, you will need to take the following steps to regain access:

1. Contact Upwork Support: Reach out to Upwork's customer support team as soon as possible to explain the situation. Provide them with the details of both your active account (linked to your current email address) and the inactive account you accidentally requested to restore.

2. Verify Your Identity: Upwork's support team may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that you are the rightful owner of both accounts. Be prepared to provide any necessary information or documentation to confirm your identity.

3. Request Account Reinstatement: Explain to Upwork's support team that you did not intend to restore the inactive account and that you would like to have your active account's SSO re-enabled for your current email address.

4. Follow Up: Follow up with Upwork's support team regularly to check on the status of your request and provide any additional information or assistance they may require to resolve the issue.

5. Prevent Future Issues: Take steps to prevent similar issues in the future by ensuring that you carefully review any actions you take on your Upwork account and verify that you are acting on the correct account.

By reaching out to Upwork's support team and providing them with the necessary information, you should be able to regain access to your active account and have the SSO re-enabled for your current email address. Be patient and persistent in following up with support until the issue is resolved satisfactorily.

Hi Andy,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1535ffdb
Community Member

Hi - I have seen this written in the forum before, but this is my freelance account and I also have a client account. I want to log in to hire someone I was in mid-conversation with and sign-in is not working. I end up in a loop where the sign-in screen tells me that my email uses Google Sign in and then I try to use Google Sign in and it tells me it is not set up and I cannot get in.

Can you help me with logging in, please?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Marissa,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1fbca30a
Community Member

I cannot log in to my client account. When I tried to log in with my email and password, it said my account used Google sign-in. However, when I tried Google sign-in it said I haven't activated Google sign-in for that account. I'm very frustrated and cannot find valid live support. The bot you have just directed me around a bunch of articles that are not helpful whatsoever. I'm using another account to reach out to you. Please resolve this situation. 

Hi Dan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
9cf6ffe8
Community Member

Could any moderator help me, I am having this issue and need to resolve ASAP!!!

Hi Chandra,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
774bd43c
Community Member

I created an UpWork account utilizing the "login with Google" feature, which integrates with my Google credentials for access, rather than relying on a separately generated password. During the process of setting up my tax information within the account settings, a password was requested to verify my identity. However, as I did not manually create an account password, I am unable to fulfill this requirement through the Google login method.

trying to circumvent the issue, I opted to utilize the "forgot password" feature. Unfortunately, upon checking my email for the password reset link, I encountered a message indicating that there was no viable method for changing the password.

Finally, I attempted to reach out to customer support for assistance. However, it appears that the support system is not readily accessible, which raises concerns about the efficacy of resolving user issues. I am left questioning the legality and ethicality of such practices, as it seems to impede genuine assistance to users in need. I urge for a higher standard of service and accountability, as the current experience falls far below reasonable expectations.

Hoping for decent costumer service sometime soon.

Best,

Ermal.

Hi Ermal,

I am sorry for the inconvenience with contacting support. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fcd527e7
Community Member

My login for Upwork is Google Sign In, but when I login and want to alter my profile, it asks for a security answer, which I don't remember (I haven't signed in since 2021). Now, when I want to change my security question, I can't as it requires my "old" password, but I don't have a password since I use Google Sign In.

How can I resolve this and be able to edit my profile again? 

Hi Marina,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your sign-in concerns the attention they deserve. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
85e450e9
Community Member

I cannot login to my account, and I have a client waiting. I created this account so I can access the forum to ask for help. 

When I try to change my password, I never get the password reset email. I seem to have two email accounts associated with Upwork - I'm happy to delete one (and this one) once resolved. It also will say that my account uses Google Sign In, but when I click that, nothing happens. 

Please help asap, this is extremely frustrating. 

Hi Ella,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1fd7beb9
Community Member

My name is Ana Clark, I recently changed my username from Claraadela to Ana Clark and I also changed my email from**Edited for Community Guidelines** but I am having problems logging in with my password, please if you can help me.

Hi Ana,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

forget you password
Ali Saleem
53e2a389
Community Member

Good afternoon, I need to change Google authorization - to authorization by e-mail and password. but I forgot the answers to the secret questions. tell me how to be!

Hi Bogdan,

~ Joanne
Upwork
8ee3297f
Community Member

8ee3297f_0-1713985505700.png

Followed the "contact support" advice. Didn't ask for my account type. Don't know how to proceed from here. I want to please use my email instead of logging in through Google. How to proceed from here?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths