🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Do not want to use Google Signin
Page options
f97e03a1
Community Member

Do not want to use Google Signin

Hi,
I am using google sign-in to do the login to Upwork.

But now, I do not want to use my google sign anymore.

I want to use a separate Upwork username & password to login.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

262 REPLIES 262
e2e5b297
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

OK, I will wait for the team to reach me out. 

Thank you for your concern .

f906bab6
Community Member

hello, 

I had to create this account to get a solution, i can't log in to my main account due to an email change and not enabling google log in my setting now I can't log in

help ?

888.PNG

Hi Ezra,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi all,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork
nickh_
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I have a similar issue where I am trying to change the email for my Upwork account but the website is asking me for a password in order to access my Settings page. I log in via Google so the website does not recognize my password. I have tried resetting my password but clicking on the link sent to my email just ends with an error.

I tried following the steps above to no avail. Please let me know how I can change my email address.

Best,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
c187f6aa
Community Member

Hello all,

I need help with my work account (**Edited for Community Guidelines**). I can't seem to sign in and Upwork doesn't allow me to login using password. Whenever i tried to login with my work email, it keeps telling me that "you have not activated the google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method".

But there is no other sign in method. I had to create this new account using my personal email to seek help.

My work and registered email is**Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Can anyone help? It is frustrating.

Thanks!

Soohan

Hi Soohan,

Thank you for reaching out. Please note that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's ToS. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here. Also, expect an update on the email associated with the account you need assistance with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1aab00af
Community Member

I can't sign in or up from another email.
Google account ##### is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked

I need help using another email through Upwork.

86cafd09
Community Member

I attempted to create my company's upwork account using my own email address but when I attempt to sign in I get the error message that "is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked."

Google results directed me to post here for help. How do I get this user's account fixed?

Hi Imajion,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a8f595fe
Community Member

Hello, I've been having trouble logging in with google since yesterday. A ticket was created and they helped, but the problem is not fixed. I tried in other browsers, I can't login with google and it doesn't show any other method for login. Interestingly, I was able to login using vpn now. Please remove my google login feature. I just want to login with my email and password.

Hi Emre,

Thank you for reaching out. Since you're already in correspondence with the support team, it is best to respond or update the existing ticket so our team can further assist you. You can update the ticket by responding to the support ticket itself or your email copy of the ticket.

~ AJ
Upwork
a24eeed2
Community Member

It shows the Error 

Google account g...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

when i sign up 

and it says 

Account already in user

07628d66
Community Member

I signed up on Upwork using my gmail but now whenerver I have to access any settings its ask me my password, I didn't set any password so how should I put a password. Please give a solution.

Hi Rahul,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
e58a31d8
Community Member

Hi guys,

I logged in through gmail.  I wanted to update my picture, but now to get to the Settings page, I need to put the password in.  Like I said, I signed in through GMAIL.  It does not take gmail password, so now what? 

Hi Bir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
be066d20
Community Member

A colleague is unable to log in. 

The message says

"You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address."

Community Member

The problem is that I don't remember my security answer, but when I try to reset my security answer the website asked me for my existing password which I never set in because I'm using Google sing in.

I think I can help

You have to go to your settings on google or just say you forgot your password and it should work. I also recommend you have a backup email in google so they can send you a verification email to the alternate email address. This way if you forget the password; then you can always reverify your account.

Hi The Ezelinar,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Yes already fixed the problem thanks you. Now I don't know how to close this question/thread

a3fdfb1a
Community Member

Please I have same issue, I cannot continue with google on my desktop app, since I started using my new Ubuntu, please can you help

c9b0fad0
Community Member

Hi,

I've got an old account unused for years and I tried to login today using SSO. It's stuck in a login loop. I've tried incognito, clearing cache, Firefox, Chrome, and everything else I can think of on my end. Had to create this new account just to post here because I can't get it to work logging in without getting stuck in too many redirects. Can anyone help with this?

Hi Greg,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about your old account? The email address would be helpful so that we can take a closer look and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c9b0fad0
Community Member

Message sent!

Hi Greg,

Yes, I did receive your message and I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I've actually shared your report and account information with the appropriate team for review. One of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket that you can access here once your case is fully reviewed. Feel free to coordinate with the team to resolve the issue with your old account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
69953b66
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

I registered myself in Upwork with a Google account.

However, as I try to open settings, I'm asked to re-enter my password, but since I signed up with Google, I don't have the password in place.

How can I access the settings page then?

Hi Maria,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. 

~Andrea
Upwork
ed0b97dd
Community Member

Hello. 

I am signed in via Google with my company's old domain (it's still the same e-mail I'm using currently tho). Google sign-in created a new account & I cannot log-in to the account . Can this issue be fixed? If not where can I e-mail subscription removal request from the "old" account? 

Hi Jakob,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

When can I expect the contact to be made?

Best regards,

Jakob

Hi Jakob,

Thank you for your message. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
a2c20a3b
Community Member

I am having difficulties loggin in to the sub sections of Upwork with a manual password as I am on google sign in. Please can I chane it. I also do not have the option on here to change from USD to GBP.

Hi Katerina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
615f8ee8
Community Member

Hi, i can't update my payment info because when I try to re-enter my password it says is incorrect. I've signed up with Google. Can someone help?

Hi Humaira,

Thank you for reaching out. In order to update your payment info, you need to set up a password when signing in.

I understand you signed up using the Google sign-in option so you would have to go to Settings>Connected Services and Disconnect sign in with Google.

759e32fa_0-1692437938341.png

Once it is disconnected, you can then set up your sign-in option here.

~ AJ
Upwork
creative_field
Community Member

I need a help.
How can I remove two step verification as I have lost authnetication app account after reset my phone and now I am not able to go to my settings.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths