🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

770 REPLIES 770

Hi E,

I checked your account and saw you already have an open ticket with our team. I can see that one of our agents is already assisting you. Please allow time for the team to update you directly on your open ticket. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
d9da7a88
Community Member

Hello,

I noticed I have recently stopped receiving code on the phone number I used for Upwork. What went wrong? Kindly look into this.

Thank you.

If you have stopped receiving verification codes on the phone number associated with your Upwork account, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some potential causes and steps you can take to resolve the problem:

1. Check Phone Number: Double-check that the phone number listed in your Upwork account settings is correct. Ensure there are no typos or mistakes in the phone number entered.

2. Verify Phone Number: If you haven't already done so, verify your phone number with Upwork. This is typically done during the account creation process or when adding a new phone number to your account. Without verification, you may not receive codes or notifications.

3. Contact Your Mobile Service Provider: If you're experiencing issues with receiving SMS messages from Upwork, it's possible that there may be a problem with your mobile service provider. Contact your mobile service provider to ensure there are no issues with receiving SMS messages or to troubleshoot any potential problems.

4. Check for Block or Filter: Some mobile devices or carriers may block or filter SMS messages from certain senders, including automated messages from Upwork. Check your device settings or contact your mobile carrier to ensure that messages from Upwork are not being blocked or filtered.

5. Try a Different Phone Number: If you continue to experience issues with receiving verification codes on your current phone number, consider adding or using a different phone number for your Upwork account. You can update your phone number in your account settings under the "Contact Info" section.

6. Contact Upwork Support: If you've tried the above steps and are still unable to receive verification codes, reach out to Upwork's customer support team for assistance. They can help troubleshoot the issue and provide further guidance on resolving the problem.

It's important to ensure that you can receive verification codes from Upwork to maintain the security of your account and access important account features. By following these steps and contacting support if necessary, you should be able to resolve the issue and continue using your Upwork account without interruption.

Hi Nafeesat,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a3b9d730
Community Member

Hello, I am unable to get a verification code sent to my mobile phone, please can you help me ?

Hi Rachel,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having difficulties receiving the verification code. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
65d674bc
Community Member

When I press the apply button, it asks me to verify my phone number. However, when I try to receive the verification code via mobile, it displays messages saying, "You attempted to change your PIN too many times" and "You attempted to change your phone number too many times," preventing me from applying for any job. How can I solve this issue?

Hi Domma,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry you're having difficulties submitting proposals to potential clients. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you soon on this page to assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
45bd3d7a
Community Member

I am trying to verify my account but it needs to send a text to my phone, I can only recieve this on whatsapp but cant proceed without verifying my number

Hi Emily,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
6f7b0b69
Community Member

Phone varification is not working. 

I have not received a code. I have checked my number is correct multiple times and tried multiple times. 

I am trying to set-up my account. Very frustrating. I need working doing. 

Hi James,

I apologize for the delay in replying to your post. I checked your account and can confirm that your phone is already verified now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
5131f3a6
Community Member

Hi, I am not receiving anything on my phone when the prompt "we've sent a verification code to your phone" appears. If I click on resend it says "you've tried to change the PIN too many times". 

Requesting help from support. 

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
c9cd1761
Community Member

Hey!

This is Khuda Bux Magsi, i'm using my account on Desktop so i want to verify my account but there is facing a problem, i try to send code on number but not receiving a code.

Hi Khuda,

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry you're having difficulties receiving the verification code when completing the phone verification process. We'll have one of our support team members contact you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
51cd4d4a
Community Member

Hello, I’m new to Upwork, and I’m having trouble receiving a new pin for mobile number verification. I’ve already updated my number, but the pin remains the same, and I’ve received a message stating that I’ve exceeded the usage limit. I’m finding it impossible to connect with a live agent as the chatbot is repetitive and doesn’t answer my question, preventing me from making progress. The chatbot keeps directing me to options I’ve already tried and that haven’t worked. How can I get help when I can’t bypass the chatbot after exhausting all the repetitive options that don’t work?

Hi Titilayo,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having trouble receiving the verification code to complete the phone verification process. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kimchristine89
Community Member

I am trying to withdraw my earnings but I was asked for a verification every time. It's been 16 hours but I was not receiving any OTP both from email and mobile number. Please help. Thank you!

Hi Christine,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having difficulties receiving the code to complete the phone verification. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
keijiem27
Community Member

I got a message that my account password had been compromised and that I needed to reset it. I tried to reset it last night but didn't receive the text message for the verification code. I tried another way where I was asked for my mother's maiden name but when I tried it it said "Password recovery error Upwork could not locate the information needed to recover your password. Please try again." I have filled up the form for verification help. I hope to get this fixed ASAP since I still have an active contract with a client. I am using a second account to be able to post here.

Hi Catherine, We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you.

393b3f5e
Community Member

Every time I try to apply for work it asks me to verify my phone number - however when I try to verify my phone number (which is correct) I have a 'tried to update PIN too many times' error or a 'this phone number is already in use' error. However this is my number and should not be attached to any other accounts, and I'm simply trying to apply for a job not change my PIN. Can anyone help with this? 

Hi Charlie,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
00a10706
Community Member

I forgot my security answer and I haven't got access in my email acount because it was on my old phone and I used my old phone number so I can't get acccess in

Hi Joey,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you on this page with further assistance on your sign-in concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a2471d78
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork and I've been unable to post a job because I can't verify my account using the verification pin. I'm not receiving anything via text at all and it isn't offering any other alternative. I need to support to contact me please, there's no way to reach out to them except for these forums.

c864dd67
Community Member

I have an Upwork account for more than 10 years now, and it's verified with my ID and mobile number. I've done a lot of work as well. Recently, when I tried to log in, it gave me an SMS verification code that wasn't received on my mobile. Then it informed me that this method is no longer available. The only way is to use the verification form, which is not working and never submitted. The same thing happens when I try to reset my password; it redirects me to the same verification form. I've attached screenshots of this verification form.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or what should I do?!

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/46639090

Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
541ffb62
Community Member

I think you have got some ideas. I don't know it's possible or not but you can try to your SIM Replacement of your old phone number. Hope you will use it for access or any purposes of you want. 

Hope it will help you 🙂 Stay Safe, Stay Secure!

069eefe3
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to verify my account but the mobile code is not being sent to my phone and i habe done everything to try and figure put the issue. My country is set correctly but its still not sending therefore I can't post jobs. Its been very difficult getting support so I need help please as the chat bot is not helping at all

Hi Melissa,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble receiving the code. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
kimberlycirineo
Community Member

Hello. I've tried setting up my local bank account, but despite completing the necessary information, I did not receive any SMS verification code. I also attempted an alternative method but encountered similar difficulties.

Hi Kimberly,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with setting up your payment method.

~ Arjay
Upwork
qirene
Community Member

Hi! I have been trying to withdraw my earnings but I can't receive any OTPs. I have been trying since yesterday morning. I can't seem to find a way to contact Upwork customer support too.

Edited to correct spelling

Hi Irene,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
amir-george
Community Member

Not getting verification code on my phone & email. It says that we have sent the verification code on your phone but I am not getting it at all even I tried to get verification code on email but no luck why?

Hi Amir,

I see that you were able to sign in to your account. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
amir-george
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thansk for your reply. Yes I am able to sign in , but sometimes upwork ask for verification code even upwork sent the code but I am getting code on my phone even on my email. My number is active no problem at all.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Amir

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths