🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

778 REPLIES 778

Hi Serg,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
da9f389c
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to verify my home phone (vonage VOIP phone), but it doesn't have text messaging as a feature. I'm unable to complete my profile because of this. How can I get the phone number verified in this case?

Thanks,

Jack

Hi Jack,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a005afaa
Community Member

I'm also not receiving the SMS verification code after trying a few times. Now I can't complete my account setup. Please assist

a005afaa
Community Member

I just created this account and got as far as teh step where you have to provide a mobile number to get a verificaton code via SMS.

I tried twice. I tried entering my number with and without a 0 after the UK country code(+44). It doesn't work. 

I also can't seem to find the place to create a support ticket. Just an automated chatbot that doesn't understand what I'm asking.

Can someone from Upwork assist please?

Hi Christine,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with the phone verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8ae75857
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to solve my problem with the chatbot but it didn't solve anything, the best I had was filling a form 2 times without any answer or feedback (by the way the web form is failing to send without explanation, I used the one included in the chat). I had to create a new account (this one) to try to find something else to solve my problem. Which is: I have an account I am trying to access, I have my login and my password but it ask me with a 2FA code, I give the one I have on my Auth App but it's rejected, I don't know why so I can't login anymore. What could I do ? 

Thanks 

Alain

Hi Alain,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8ae75857
Community Member

Thanks, I hope to have feedback soon.

bc6aea7c
Community Member

I have not received my verification code on my phone. I'm a new user and i should'nt have to deal with it. 

The chatbot was extremely unhelpful. Even the other posts about this are filled with unhelpful suggestions. 

There is no solution to this as far as i see. 

Very bad service on Upworks part. 

beljob
Community Member

Hi,

Sorry about your experience.  I can relate. I had to chose the button that say something like "use a different method ". This will send the code to your registered email.  You can try that.

I am also not able to verify my phone number but  my id is verified

Hi Kushal,

I don't see that you have a pending phone number verification. Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d27e6aa6
Community Member

The app shows phone verification code sent through the code never came and as a result I cannot post a job as a Client . Please help

Hi Fiznest,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jennymarace
Community Member

I don't receive any verification code on my phone after several attempts. The other method with questions are nearly impossible to answer since it's been 8 years since my last transaction.  Please help.

Hi Jennylyn,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
086b64db
Community Member

for 5 days I tried to post a job, it asked me to enter my phone number and enter the verification code but I didn't receive anything, I lost a lot of time and I haven't posted the job offer yet

Hi Koussaimi,

We have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a_ana
Community Member

when I log in to a new device or try to get paid from other devices it was asking a verification that was sent to my mobile number but it is not working. So instead I am using my email but my mobile number was varified.

Hi MD. Nurur,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
39ebcfbb
Community Member

I am trying to set up a new profile (never used the platform before) but I keep getting stuck at text verification. I have tried multiple times but I am not receiving any code sent to my phone number to complete verification 

Hi Kira,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
efda2cca
Community Member

Please help me.  Unable to log in to my working upwork account.  created new one just to contact anyone that could help me, please?

Can anybody help me? I have tried to update / change my password but i havent receive any verification code in neither my phone or email, please help!

Hi Amor,

~Andrea
Upwork
7733373e
Community Member

The "Accepted Solution" doesn't work. I was blocked out of my account because I was in a different country, and I couldn't use my phone number to get the verification code. The solution for me was renting a UK phone number from an online SMS verification website and using it for the 2FA on Upwork. I used AnonymSMS for this because they guarantee that their phone numbers work with Upwork. This worked in the end, and I got my account back.

Hi Jony, 

I checked and it looks like you are still in the process of profile creation. Could you please clarify if you have another account? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
85ecafb8
Community Member

hi 

am trying to post a job as a client but I have to verify my phone number first, when I try to verify it I don't receive the SMS code.

I tried more than one phone number and tried to contact the Upwork chat bot but it didn't help. please any support team member contact me to fix the problem so I can start using the platform.

Hi Abdullah,

~Andrea
Upwork
75031d83
Community Member

Hi! Is there anyone here that can help me because I have been trying to try and withdraw my earnings. However, I have not been receiving the code being sent to my phone number. Please help.

Hi Warren Elijah,

I can see that one of our team members already assisted you via a support ticket. You can check the response from the team here

~ Joanne
Upwork
9c61add5
Community Member

Hello,

i'm trying to verify my phone number but the message is not coming through. My network on my phone is working and the number i gave is corrent. Is someone from customer service able to help me, alternatively has anyone else had this issue and found a way to resolve it?

Thanks! Peyton 

Hi Peyton,

~ Joanne
Upwork
a1727a8f
Community Member

Hello, I am unable to verify my phone number after changing the number too many times and requesting too many pins when my phone had no service.

Hi Bradley,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry you're having difficulties verifying your phone number. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bf073023
Community Member

I did not receive the verification pin via sms and now I get a message that I have exceeded the limit. It is a new account and I'm unable to post jobs, please help.

Hi E B,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
a304c746
Community Member

I see this is an ongoing problem for UpWork.  I am not receiving verification codes for my phone number.  I've verified with my service that there is not a problem with my phone.  I can't use my freelancer profile until the number is verified.

Contact Upwork Support Team

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths