🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

782 REPLIES 782
961f9124
Community Member

Hello, I already have a client account and I am now I am trying to set up a freelance account. I am trying to verify my phone number so I can complete my account creation, but I haven't received the code. It has been over an hour.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Hello, I already have a client account and I am now I am trying to set up a freelance account. I am trying to verify my phone number so I can complete my account creation, but I haven't received the code. It has been over an hour.  Any help would be appreciated.  

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imani,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
blanco_savannah
Community Member

I didn't receive an SMS verification code after trying multiple times

Hi Savannah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
anuk2020
Community Member

Hello,

I am newbie to UpWork. While applying for jobs, I was not receiving the code that is supposed to be sent to my registered mobile phone. After multiple attempts, I received below message. 

anuk2020_0-1677881553445.png

Kindly help in fixing the issue.

Thanks

Anupama

Hi Anupama,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f3bae1f1
Community Member

Hello UW community,

My name is J. Keegan Quinn.

I just joined to get some copywriting work, but I am having issues getting past the phone number verification step.  I thought I previously signed up for UpWork.com but I guess that is not the case, and I vaguely remember having a similar issue when I originally tried to sign up, which is why I am resigning up.  Can anyone help get this resolved?

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Same for me.  Now the most recent response from trying to verify my phone number is a message that my phone number is already in use.  How the hell is that possible?  Needless to say, I am getting livid over this.  I am just trying to get some work done and then these obstacles just come out of nowhere.  

Hi Joshua,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of having this error. However, I can see that you're already communicating with our Support Team to address the issue. We highly suggest you continue doing that through this Support Ticket so that the team can assist you accordingly and more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
e4109035
Community Member

Hello, every time I try to verify my phone number I never recieve the verifcation text.  I have tried many times over many months and am just not able to use this website because of this.  I have tried different computers and different browsers. Is there any other way to verify my account?

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e89641fe
Community Member

Can't submit proposal. Everytime it asked for verification code to my phone, I don't receive it. Please help

Hi Ekawati,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6d128500
Community Member

I am new to Upwork and I am stuck on the phone number verification page. I do not receive a text message when I request one for a verification code. Can this be resolved?  I've read at a number of different threads, and they say that the Upwork work staff will contact me via email to resolve the issue. Please help.

They don't verify until you've had a couple of jobs. I believe.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alan,

~Andrea
Upwork
9a0201ee
Community Member

Hello! I understand that you are having trouble receiving a verification code via text message on Upwork. This can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure your phone number is entered correctly: Double-check that you have entered your phone number correctly and that you have selected the correct country code.

2. Check your phone's signal: Sometimes, issues with text message delivery can be caused by poor signal strength or coverage. Make sure you have a strong signal and that you are in an area with good coverage.

3. Contact Upwork support: If you have tried the above steps and are still not receiving the verification code, you can contact Upwork support for assistance. You can do this by clicking the "Get Help" button on the verification page, or by visiting the Upwork Help Center and submitting a ticket.

4. Consider using a different phone number: If all else fails, you may want to consider using a different phone number for verification. This could be a different mobile number or a landline number that can receive text messages.

I hope these suggestions are helpful and that you are able to resolve the issue with your phone number verification on Upwork. Best of luck with your freelancing journey!

598e1af6
Community Member

Hi,

I'm currently trying to verify my phone number, but whenever I request a call or text message, I do not receivee either. I've tried multiple times with no success.

Hi Shay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f3a3aea4
Community Member

Upwork says it's sending a code to my number. But I never recieve the text message so I can't finish making my account.

Same here 

Hi Nicholas and Rebecca,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your reports with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed. They will definitely look into this and help both of you get past the phone verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f43d8008
Community Member

Hello, i dont receive any code verification on my phone

Hi Sebastian,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I took a closer look at your account and I can see that you were able to get past the phone verification and it's been completely verified. Let us know if you still need further assistance with this concern. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
17b19181
Community Member

Hello,

Similar to others, I'm not receiving the text verification after trying on a few different devices. Could support be contacted for me please?

Mk 

Hi Mk,

I've shared your report directly with the team handling your case and one of the members has reached out with more information and instructions on how to resolve the issue. You may access your ticket here or on your email where you can coordinate with the team to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f15b955a
Community Member

Hi there, just finished my profile and tried various times to have the verification code sent to my phone but nothing. Can you help? Thank you 😊

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nadine,

~Andrea
Upwork
24abb7ed
Community Member

Helllo,

When I attempt to verify my phone number, the system doesn't send a code to me and I'm unable to apply to work because of this. I've tried several times. Please let me know how this can be fixed, thank you!

Hi Damme,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties getting passed the phone verification. I've shared your report with the appropriate team for further review. One of the members will be assisting you via a support ticket. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d76aa65b
Community Member

Hi. I changed my number once in my profile and now I can't take the task, writes "You attempted to change your phone number too many times. Please contact support." What to do?

Contact support?

Hi Anton,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d_krinitsyn
Community Member

Hi,

I added my phone number to my profile.

Tried to apply for a job. Clicked "Apply now" button. Got to a "verify your number page". Asks for 5 digit code - got no text messages. Clicked "Resend Code" and entered my phone number. Got nothing. Both "text me" and "call me" options did not result in me getting any txt or calls. The phone number is correct and active. 

Please help me with this issue. 

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties verifying your phone number. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with your case. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6d61d016
Community Member

Hi, 

I have seen this in the forum before but I can't seem to get resolution. I can't get my phone number verified. I have tried through settings but the code won't send. I try to apply for a job but states phone number is already in use. I have seen a solution to update password. I have done that 3 times. Please help. Thank you

Hi Bambi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with your concern. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey Arjay,
I'm having the same issue. My phone number was verified but when it asks for text verification, I don't receive the code on my phone no matter how much I try to. I've tried the call me method as well and I receive nothing.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths