🐈
» Forums » Support » unable to get money back
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,090 REPLIES 1,090
harsh-mehra
Community Member

Hi, 

I am unable to add my bank account to my upwork account what' wrong with that, There is an error while adding my bank account "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".

Please help and guide me How i can add my bank account. Screenshot attached.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thankyou,

Regards,

Harsh Mehra

Hi Harsh,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges while adding a billing method. I would like to clarify that you cannot add a bank account as a billing method. You can refer to this help page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Support,

Thankyou for your reply. So we cannot add a bank account as a billing method. what can i do? is there only paypal option as a billing method? Because i am stuck on my job even i do not send any proposal to clients because of lacking connects. So please help me and guide what exactly i can do?

Thankyou

Harsh Mehra

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Harsh,

I checked your account and it looks like the only other available billing method for you is Paypal. 

~ AJ
Upwork
61f5b69e
Community Member

I can't add my payment method to buy connect. Whenever I try to add my visa card, it shows the attached error. Kindly assist me to fix the error.

Hi Alamin, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e02bb9d1
Community Member

Hi

The upwork system crashed, and the paiement has been done more than once. How can I be reimbursed?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Hi there,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi

According our conversation of yesterday, my bank is not able to remove the transfer, please reimburse me :

when I tried to pay for connects, your system crashed. The amount has been paid more than once

Best regards 

Hi St,

We've previously escalated your concern to the Customer Support team, and as mentioned in your ticket, a refund has already been initiated. Please allow up to five days for the refund to be completed. You can find information in your support ticket here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4f446f95
Community Member

Unable to buy connects, tried different payment methods and contacted my bank they said no Upwork transactions was placed and everything is working fine neeed urgent help !!

Hi Krishan,

I'm sorry you're having trouble buying Connects. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e02bb9d1
Community Member

Same issue and my Bank can do nothing, how to be reimbursed ?

St, you already have a ticket with the Customer Support team, where they have indicated a refund was processed. Once processed, refunds take up to 5 days to be completed and returned to your original payment source. Please refer to your support ticket here if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4ee62fe0
Community Member

Hi, I hope you are all fine and doing well. I have created a Upwork account and added a billing method to purchase connects. But it keeps on showing billing method is not active. I have added 3 to 4 billing methods and it shows some error. What should i do as i am not able to purchase new connects and apply for jobs as well. Do help!

Hi Asad,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4ee62fe0
Community Member

Thanks I would appreciate it. Just so that you know, these card and billing methods are working perfectly fine everywhere else other than upwork.

4ee62fe0
Community Member

I am also getting this error, what does it mean

aa1bedc0
Community Member

My mastercard is unable to be aunthorised for payments, Why?

Hi Chimnadindu,

I checked, and it looks like your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. Please contact them directly so that they can assist you with the specific decline error. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
clippingphoto_ex
Community Member

Screenshot_1.jpg

Anyone can help me out with this? How can I buy connects

Hi shahidul,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork
90799d6d
Community Member

My card has a sufficient balance, but I see this error message "Recent charge failed." and can't purchase connets.

Darial.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dariel,

In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, let us know and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
muguremargaret
Community Member

Hi @upwork community. I've been trying to buy connects but I keep getting this error message. My bank confirms that the card has no issues but now I can't buy connects. I've had to remove and add the card again but still the issue persists. Please help

Make sure that your card is enabled for online purchase, POS, and eCommerce transactions.

Hi Margaret,

I see that you were able to raise a support ticket regarding your concern. One of our agents has just recently followed up with you with more information and to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi luiggi

The issue still persists. I've done as per the recommendation and still
can't buy connects.

Hi Margaret,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
4aaa3c47
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vikram,

I'm sorry to hear that you were having trouble purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline? You may also try using other billing methods.

~ AJ
Upwork

I already tried the different billing method, I got same error.

I used visa debite card but I got same problem.

Hi Vikram,

Could you please also contact your card issuing bank to check the available limit and permissions to complete international transactions? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, Pradeep,

I used different master and visa cards but I got the same error.

- Vikram

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ccb55aa9
Community Member

Hello, I have added an SBI VISA GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL DEBIT CARD to my financial Upwork account. I can buy even 40 connects by using that card. I have to change my membership from basic to plus by using the same card. But, I can't. I have enough balance in my account. I have reached my bank for further information. There is no issue with the bank. They have told me to ask the Upwork customer care department. Please provide me with a solution. Thank you.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Biman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie

Thank you How much Time did solving the problem? Please Humble request to solve.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Biman,

Please allow our team 24-48 hours to reach out to you. We appreciate your patience as we try to resolve this for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
velmonte_24
Community Member

I am trying to input my card as a billing method. I'm using mastercard.

There is an error and I don't know what to do with it.

the error is asking me to contact customer support.

please help me.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths