🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to buy connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,090 REPLIES 1,090
ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kolawole,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance in adding a billing method to your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1217a4d1
Community Member

Hi,

I've encountered difficulties purchasing connects as each attempt with various cards from different banks resulted in an "unauthorized card" prompt. Despite multiple discussions with the bank, they consistently assured me that everything is in order from their end. Can anyone provide assistance with this issue?

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mukesh,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank.

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your concern the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5591a0c1
Community Member

I made a transaction of 3.54 dollars for 20 connects, but I did not receive the 20 connects in my Upwork account and 83.39 Rupees were deducted from my account. Please either refund the money back to my account or update connects in my account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aditya,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
149da465
Community Member

I want to purchase connects from my chosen Billing Method, not from my earnings. 

Is there any solution to this problem? 

Hi Nabeel,

We appreciate your interest in buying Connects. Please know that the system can only use your billing method to purchase Connects if you don't have an available balance on your account. I understand you'd prefer to be able to choose which one to use so we will be noting your feedback and sharing it with the team

- Pradeep

Upwork

But I don't wanna withdraw my funds now!! Is there any solution for this,
it is our right to have an option!! This is not acceptable
62c968c6
Community Member

Whenever I try to add payment  method  with my Visa card 

I keep getting  the error message,  "unable to authorize your card please add another payment method or contact your issuing bank"

Please let me know what's the problem , I can't buy connects and apply for any jobs since last month. 
The chat bot is very useless,
it cant help me. Is there no other way I can speak with a real person?
Please help or otherwise deleting account from upwork is my last remaining  option.
ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Adolphus.

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this error may have caused when trying to purchase Connects on your account. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
harsh-mehra
Community Member

Hi, 

I am unable to add my bank account to my upwork account what' wrong with that, There is an error while adding my bank account "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".

Please help and guide me How i can add my bank account. Screenshot attached.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thankyou,

Regards,

Harsh Mehra

Hi Harsh,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges while adding a billing method. I would like to clarify that you cannot add a bank account as a billing method. You can refer to this help page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Support,

Thankyou for your reply. So we cannot add a bank account as a billing method. what can i do? is there only paypal option as a billing method? Because i am stuck on my job even i do not send any proposal to clients because of lacking connects. So please help me and guide what exactly i can do?

Thankyou

Harsh Mehra

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Harsh,

I checked your account and it looks like the only other available billing method for you is Paypal. 

~ AJ
Upwork
61f5b69e
Community Member

I can't add my payment method to buy connect. Whenever I try to add my visa card, it shows the attached error. Kindly assist me to fix the error.

Hi Alamin, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e02bb9d1
Community Member

Hi

The upwork system crashed, and the paiement has been done more than once. How can I be reimbursed?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Hi there,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi

According our conversation of yesterday, my bank is not able to remove the transfer, please reimburse me :

when I tried to pay for connects, your system crashed. The amount has been paid more than once

Best regards 

Hi St,

We've previously escalated your concern to the Customer Support team, and as mentioned in your ticket, a refund has already been initiated. Please allow up to five days for the refund to be completed. You can find information in your support ticket here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4f446f95
Community Member

Unable to buy connects, tried different payment methods and contacted my bank they said no Upwork transactions was placed and everything is working fine neeed urgent help !!

Hi Krishan,

I'm sorry you're having trouble buying Connects. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e02bb9d1
Community Member

Same issue and my Bank can do nothing, how to be reimbursed ?

St, you already have a ticket with the Customer Support team, where they have indicated a refund was processed. Once processed, refunds take up to 5 days to be completed and returned to your original payment source. Please refer to your support ticket here if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4ee62fe0
Community Member

Hi, I hope you are all fine and doing well. I have created a Upwork account and added a billing method to purchase connects. But it keeps on showing billing method is not active. I have added 3 to 4 billing methods and it shows some error. What should i do as i am not able to purchase new connects and apply for jobs as well. Do help!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths