🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

980 REPLIES 980
Community Member

I am unable to buy my connects as every time I try to, I get this message, 'We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank'.

I have visa debit card. Also, I have been receiving my payments directly into my bank and had no issue before. This is the first time I am trying to add connects by letting upwork charge from the same account. Why is this happening now?

I have facing this issue - 

73576714_0-1689908152258.png

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add visacard as billing method. I face following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I contact with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

Hi Jhanwarlal,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear friend,

As far as I guess, the issue is with your payment issuing bank. Some banks
do not allow international transactions due to security reasons. Please
contact your bank and get the issue resolved.

Thanks.
7ede2aa4
Community Member

Hi I am a freelancer I want to buy more connect. I have already registered my 2 credit cards. but the problem is "Recent charge failed. Please try something different. If you still need help, contact Support." what should I do so that I can buy more connect?
Can you help me with this problem, please?

Hi AY,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
0845eeb2
Community Member

Hello,

I can't seem to find 'currency' to change the preferred currency in the billing & payments screen. Can someone advice me how to change the currency settings to local?

Thanks

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify if you are looking to withdraw funds in your local currency? If so please check this help article for more information on how to use the Wire transfer option. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
0845eeb2
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

No, I'm buying connects, but I keep getting this error:

0845eeb2_0-1690904518869.png

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for following up and sharing more information. It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0845eeb2
Community Member

Hey Nikola,

The card is working, and all other transactions have been succesful. The error clearly states that something is wrong on your end. I also attempted using different cards, but I keep receiving the same error message. Please assist me.

Hi Johnny,

It would be best to contact the bank as they have the information on this one. Please inquire with your bank and ask them if they can approve transactions on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork

OK, will do Annie.

Hey Annie,

My issue is resolved:)

Thanks

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved now. Feel free to message us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
fbf14fa9
Community Member

Got some results on Upwork, Now cannot move further beacuse of Connects and I am not able to buy connects from my bank account. 

Hi Nayab,

I checked, and it seems like your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. In this case, it would be best to contact them directly so that they can check on the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a484ce9a
Community Member

Hello, so I'm trying to upgrade my subs to freelancer plus, however, I don't understand why the payment keeps failing "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." It was successful when I bought Connects using the same payment method last time. I also make sure that I have sufficient funds for my primary billing card. What should I do?

Hi Annisa,

I checked, and it looks like the transaction was declined. In cases like this, contacting your card issuing bank to confirm the specific decline error would be best. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a484ce9a
Community Member

Hello, thank you for the response, Joanne. However, I tried to buy some connects just now with my card it's worked, but why does not work for upgrading freelancer plus?

Hi Annisa,

Thank you for reaching out. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie, thank you for the response. I will be looking forward to that support to assist me with this problem. 

f5a72a2c
Community Member

Dear Team 

Kindly assist me, as my cards keep declining each time i try to buy connect,i have reached out to my bank,and they said everything is clear from their end,and that i should contact Upwork to resolve the issue, kindly assist me with this.

Best Regards,

Dons prudent 

Hi Dons,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties purchasing Connects. I can see that you've reached out and raised a ticket about the issue. I've submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your case, and you will get an update from one of the members on this page momentarily. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
f5a72a2c
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you,am standing by for the update 

78f370af
Community Member

Cannot buy connects with paypal.

Hi mohamed,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by Paypal or your bank. Please contact Paypal support and your card-issuing bank connected to your Paypal account for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork
310d9c43
Community Member

I have problems about buy connect there i use bank account but say decline and use PayPal can't also 

So any solution for buy connect? Please help thank you 🙏

Hi Ni Luh Putu,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by Paypal or your bank. Please contact Paypal support and your card-issuing bank connected to your Paypal account for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork
bf62c91d
Community Member

I'm trying to enter a payment method in my Account Settings, but it keeps showing the validation errors under the expiration date and security code fields. The expiration date is in the future (2 digits for month and 2 digits for year) and I'm entering the correct 3 digits in the security code field. I've tried this in two browsers just to make sure it wasn't some browser thing. It won't let me save or proceed.

Not able to buy connects, need help

Just like me, I also have the same thing, what happened?, before it was fine.

Hi Hassaan and Aulia,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry you're having trouble adding a billing method. I've escalated your reports to the appropriate team for further review. Kindly expect an update on this page once your accounts are thoroughly reviewed.

In the meantime, you can find several alternative options in this help article to purchase Connects or upgrade to a membership plan. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
p_sankhyan
Community Member

Hello There,

I am not able to add my payment method before this was added successfully but when I try to buy connects it showed an error on the screen that refreshed the page there is a server issue and it was also showing a message underneath my payment card. then I removed the card and try to add it again now it showing https://prnt.sc/I-J9-HnsDEWa, As I do not have a last name so last time support team asked me to add Miss as my first name and Poonam last name I did the same but it is not adding my card. And every time whenever I try to buy Connect it always shows an error, to be honest, I am very frustrated now with this, Even though I did not get any job I don't know why and instead of earning I get a loss buy getting connects and spent them on the proposal. Please help me. I am literally very frustrated now. also, this is very very bad news for that freelancers like me who dont have enough connects and dont get job and to bid we have to spend 16 connects almost on all jobs. Its request to Upwork please help us. We love this platform.

Before payment method issue it was showing this message https://prnt.sc/gLJtlF-r4lh2

Hi! You should use same name as on your bank account and card. Disable privacy plugins and enhanced security of browser to resolve website errors.

Hello Nabeel,

My name on the card is only Poonam but when I am trying to add my name it asks for my last name. And i don't have my last name.

Hi Poonam,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your billing method. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Luiggi, Thank you, I have also changed my name First and last name to Poonam as per the identity policy of name.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths