🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
6bf8ad2c
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

Hi, I got a Financial limit on my account it's been 3 weeks now. I have done each and every step asked my customer support including changing password, enable multi-authentication but still, my finical limit is not removed. It's been 4 days since I have emailed Upwork support under the same ticket ai haven't ruined any reply from them. Please help me. I need to buy connections and submit proposals and withdraw funds and I am unable to accept job offers as well.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rima,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can click the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you’re still experiencing issues contacting support, feel free to post here on this thread.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

667 REPLIES 667

Hi Yunus,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your financial account. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
vannbunn
Community Member

Hi! I need help, I've used the same withdrawal method for years and have followed UpWork guidelines closely - even earning a top rated plus badge along the line. But, just now UpWork posted an error message saying my account is restricted from making withdrawals. I've never had this type of issue before. Can someone please help me resolve this issue ASAP? I'm solely relying on my earnings here to pay for due bills and expenses for my family. 

Hi Vannezza,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I see that you are already communicating with the support team via a support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0d29a02f
Community Member

A recent client of my mine is under review for financial reasons and for some reason this put a freeze on my account to withdraw funds or Buy Connects. I have nothing to do with their financial problems so why am I being punished? I am out of connects so I can't apply for more jobs. I NEED this fixed, the income I am earning here is supporting my family and paying bills. I have tickets created for this issue but am getting no response. I am new to Upwork but am pleasantly pleased with the platform and success I've had in a short period of time I've been hete. I don't want to have to move my services to a different platform like Fiverr, I don't like competing with $5 workers. If I don't get this fixed soon I'll have no choice but to switch to a new freelancing platform.

Hi Brandi,

I'm sorry to hear about your account status. I can see that there's already a support ticket for the team to assist you with your concern. Kindly allow up to 48 hours for them to follow up with you.  

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0d29a02f
Community Member

Thanks for the response, it has been 48 hours on one of the tickets (I did not realize multiple tickets had been created, it was unintentional), I really hope someone responds to my issue soon.

Hi Brandi,

Thank you for your message. Please note that all inquiries via a support ticket are handled in the order in which they are received in the queue. This may take 24-48 hours from your last response to the ticket. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
fda814f2
Community Member

I am Client and  getting below error and my Freelancer see Contract Hold

Financial transactions for xxxx have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support

I also talked with Live Chat they say "Please wait for the update on this issue within 24 to 48 hours through the ticket that will be generated after this chat."

now my project/contract on hold 

Hi Gada,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
63fcf1a4
Community Member

Hello!

I was trying to withdraw some amount from my upwork account and I faced an error message which says " Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact customer support". Could you help me? What do I have to do? Thanks!

Hi Maryna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like our team reached out to you regarding this. You can access the support ticket

here or you may check your email as a corresponding email was sent to you as well. By replying to the email, you can reopen the ticket and direct it to the support agent handling it.

~ AJ
Upwork
aitessamkhan
Community Member

Hey I have contacted Upwork twice and appealed to them twice but it's been a week now and I haven't received any kind of response from Upwork. My upwork financial account is suspended and I don't know the reason please help me

Hi Aitessam,

I've followed up with the Customer Support Team and one of their members has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
javarea
Community Member

I want to know why I can't withdraw this is my first time ever since I started working here showing that my  "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account" I didn't receive any emails from Upwork regarding this situation. Anyone can help? I really need it to withdraw the money. Thank you!

Hi Rea,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
javarea
Community Member

I also encountered this kind of problem in my account and I have already requested support three times but until now no reply received. Can you please help me how to resolve this? I really need to withdraw my money. Thank you!

2ae32555
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to withdraw funds from my account for work that I have delivered, but I am not able to as Upwork claims my "financial account has been suspended". This is very worrisome as I have more work in the pipeline and I need to know that I will be able to access funds.

Can somebody please help?

Regards,

Gabriel

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabriel,

Please refer to the email notification sent by our team about the limitation on your account. You can reply directly to that email if you have any questions for the team, as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
672fc9aa
Community Member

I was trying to hire freelancer but unable to make transaction, i got this error please reslove this ASAP

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dewan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
kenoobigroup
Community Member

Hi,

Whenever I try to withdraw my earnings I get this error: "Financial Account Suspended. Contact Support to Continue." I have raised a support request and it's now 2 days with no reply.

Hi Clinton,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you Luiggi R. The customer support member reached out. However, I replied and have not yet got a response. My request is: 36643859 

Hi Clinton,

Thank you for your message. I see that we have received your response today. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. Please note that all inquiries via a support ticket are handled in the order in which they are received in the queue. This may take 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your inquiry.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d6001a24
Community Member

Hello withdrawal is restricted on my Account what is wrong

Hi Jane,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
shaylaservantez
Community Member

Last week I saw that I would be paid today. However, today I got a pop up saying that my financial account has been suspending without warning. I have never asked for money outside of Upwork and this is my only account, so I don't understand why this is happening. I put in a ticket but is there a number I can call and actually speak to someone? I'm moving tomorrow and I NEED this money. Thanks! 

Hi Shayla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your account limitations are now removed. You can find more information on your support ticket here. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths