🐈
» Forums » Support » financial account has been suspended
Page options
6bf8ad2c
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

Hi, I got a Financial limit on my account it's been 3 weeks now. I have done each and every step asked my customer support including changing password, enable multi-authentication but still, my finical limit is not removed. It's been 4 days since I have emailed Upwork support under the same ticket ai haven't ruined any reply from them. Please help me. I need to buy connections and submit proposals and withdraw funds and I am unable to accept job offers as well.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rima,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can click the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you’re still experiencing issues contacting support, feel free to post here on this thread.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

667 REPLIES 667

Hi Alhirdas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b016921e
Community Member

I can not send direct contract and can not withdraw dollar.

I need help.

Hi Md Sazzad,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that your financial account has been placed on hold. That said, you will be unable to initiate a fund withdrawal from your account. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep Sir. But please remove suspended from my account. I need it urgently. I have opened ticket but 30 hours passed the support member did  not reply of my ticket. I am facing huge frustration for this.

And also tell me why my financial account has been hold?

ad230e42
Community Member

Hi there,

I have been a freelancer on Upwork for nearly a year now and have always followed Upwork Terms of Service. Recently, to my shock, my Financial account was suspended– and I'm not sure why! I have never asked for payment outside of Upwork and have always followed the Terms of Service. 

The Pop-up message told me to contact support straight away hence this message. 

I would appreciate it a lot for an Upwork staff member to help me out!

Best,

Azam

Hi Azam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. 

~ AJ
Upwork
b016921e
Community Member

Hi dear, I can not send direct contract to my buyer and also can't withdraw my funds. Please tell me why my financial account has been hold?

And please remove suspended from my account. I need it urgently. I have opened ticket. 48 hours passed but still the support member did  not reply of my ticket. I am facing huge frustration for this. My personal client are waiting for order me. 

Can you please remove the financial suspend from my account and if not then can you do something so that the support member reply of my ticket?

Hi Md,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c7d0183a
Community Member

Dear all,

When I click get paid now, a messege shows that my financial account has been suspended, I get paid many times through my paypal account, I don't know why, I sent a request to CS 4 days ago and no reply, Any help please ?

My request ID #36215509

Hi Yousef,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team assigned to your ticket and they will reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
atheniankid
Community Member

Help! I cant get my funds it said financial account suspended. As far as i know all my cash flow and payment from clients are thru upwork, I have never asked payment outside upwork for security reasons.

I am also not getting anywhere on my support ticket since im always getting looped back to homepage

My support ticket is

https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/36284334

Hi Joeffrey,

Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you! Hoping they get back to me soon

Hi Andrea,

It has been over 48hrs since the incident and I still haven't heard from Upwork, is it possible for you to get this followed up?

Hi Joeffrey,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents to reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
purplebled
Community Member

When withdrawing funds, it writes to me: "Account suspended
Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support". 

I contacted support, but no one answered me for 2 days, and I urgently need to withdraw money to my account

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

it's been 4 days already. How much longer can I wait? You wrote that a response from support should be within 48 hours

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your patience. I have followed up with the team to expedite a response to your support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
36c5f9f6
Community Member

Good day,
I once had insufficient funds in my account to cover a payment, which resulted in the suspension of my account for financial activities. Even though I've recently added a new payment method, my account appears to still be suspended.
Please help.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Good day, I once had insufficient funds in my account to cover a payment, which resulted in the suspension of my account for financial activities. Even though I've recently added a new payment method, my account appears to still be suspended. Please help.

This has been resolved already. 
Thanks to Upwork support for the quick response.

poojagupta3
Community Member

Hi, I've trying to get in touch with upwork support for not being able to purchase the upwork connects and when I'm trying to release my earnings then, it says that - Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support.

Please help ASAP because it has already been 4 days since I've sent my last email to know the issue.

Thank you!

Hi Pooja,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
wahad_shaidu
Community Member

I am Wahad ur rahman, working as a freelancer with upwork. my payment is available but i can't withdraw it. I received the message " your financial account is suspended, please contact customer support".  i geenreted ticket three days ago, its till open and not asigned to anyone. please help and guide me in this regards

Hi wahad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
blerton_i
Community Member

Tried to withdraw my money, it shows this error : "Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support.".

I contacted with support, but no response. Its been 3 days now. Someone know how can i solve this issue?.

Thank you.

Hi Blerton,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jakecc
Community Member

I'm facing this issue "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support." can anyone help me to fix this?

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and it looks like one of our agents reached out to you directly regarding your account status. Please check your ticket here and kindly follow the ticket instructions. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
d64acaed
Community Member

I'm facing the same problem. Can anyone help me?

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e7984e23
Community Member

Hey friends,

by me its showing like this "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

What can i do to slove the problem?

Best regards

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hakan,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear about your financial account. I checked your account and noticed that your billing method is disabled. Could you please remove the existing billing method from your account and add a valid billing method? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2dartpoint
Community Member

Hi Support,

Is there anyone who can help me to solve this issue on my account?

"Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support."

I will appreciate who can solve this for me.

Many thanks,

Nabeel

Hi Nabeel,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
4815a789
Community Member

Hello 

my card on file expired and I paid my balance and changed payment methods within 30 minutes of getting the notice. My account is still restricted.  What else so I need to do?

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
yunusadiputra
Community Member

Hi there,

Why i'm getting this while i push the "Get Paid Now" button?

Account suspended

Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support.

While i don't get any notification regarding this. I'm just get paid for my work, and need to try to how the upwork payment work.

Anyone could help support?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths