🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568
tomstatic
Community Member

Hi, 

I have an issue with my account being suspended due to issues with payment methods. The warning message mentions updating my payment methods, which I already did, but nothing has changed. 
Please see attached screenshot of the warning message.

Can anyone help with this, please? Thank you.

Hi Tomas,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3be29591
Community Member

Help! What does this mean?

Hello Cara,

I'm sorry to hear you're getting this error. I can see you've raised a ticket to our Customer Support team already. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to review your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jee1mr
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm not sure why but the "Apply" button is disabled on all the jobs. I was not inactive either. I had an active contract until last week. 

If I somehow manage to get to the proposal page and try to submit the proposal, I get this error message:

There was an error loading this page: error [7bcce5a59f0a26b9-BLR, 7bcce5a59f0a26b9-BLR]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

bilsim
Community Member

You may try any of these: clear your cookies, change browser, change device, restart your Internet router.

Hi Jeevan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
juandlopezr
Community Member

Hi,

I recently got this message on my account Your financial account has been suspended due to issues with payment method on file. I updated my payment method to another one but no luck.

Thank You.

netconnectweb
Community Member

Good Day -

I am completely frustrated with this message:

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

You can't contact customer support, I dont owe any money, I've updated my card.  It's extremely frustrating.    Anyone know how to fix this??

Hi Brad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here

~Andrea
Upwork
d3fc4f8f
Community Member

I was using Visa card of my uncle as primary billing method for my account. I got financial hold on my account and received no email about it. I appealed in upwork help center 3 days ago and the Upwork team member replied 2 days ago saying she is researching the issue and then will let me know. I just found out that VISA card of my uncle was lost 5 days ago and he deactivated it. he forgot to tell me about it. I have already changes the card 2 days ago and told upwork help team member as well. Will my account be recovered? and How long will it take?

Regards,

Muhammad

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you are already communicating with the relevant team and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Sir it's been more than 52 hours now but no response yet from the team member side yet!

Hi Muhammad,

We know you're eager to hear back from us, but our support teams are dealing with an unprecedented number of inquiries, causing delays in our response time. That being said, your concerns and questions are still our top priority, and we're doing everything we can to get back to you as soon as possible.

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and get you the best possible outcome faster. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

~ AJ
Upwork
kashifbunty
Community Member

I have updated the payment method and added my card but my account is still showing suspended message. 

Your financial account -Kashif Khan (292737)- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.

Kindly guide me what to do now. 

Thanks

Hi Kashif,

Thanks for reaching out. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e172b0c5
Community Member

Hello,

I am reaching out to seek your assistance and advice regarding an issue I am currently facing with my Upwork account. My financial transactions have been limited, and despite contacting Upwork Support and receiving an initial response, there has been no progress or further communication on this issue for two days now. I have tried adding a credit card and checked my bills for any outstanding payments, but there seems to be no apparent reason for this limitation.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? If so, could you please share your experience and any possible solutions or advice? Also, if any Upwork moderators or support staff members are reading this post, I kindly request your attention to my case (Request #40235609).

Hi Pingchuan,

I am sorry to hear about the status of your financial account. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
94ff62b9
Community Member

How do I resolve it?

Hi Masha,

I can see that the team reached out to you with more information about the status of your account and instructions on how to resolve the issue with it. You've also raised a ticket responding to their message. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to further review your case you will be getting an update on this page once done. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
rarenorm
Community Member

My account is suspended shows suspended for Your financial has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update. 

Both my payment methods on account always worked can I get a fix for this pls?

Hi Monroe,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
62a8897d
Community Member

I have received email regarding my financial transaction have been limited. I have followed all the instructions and submitted all the required documents. They also asked some of my clients to reply some questions and all my clients have replied and its been 2 days. I still see my financial transactions are limited. 

I have sent email to upwork compliance and yet to receive any response from them.

Now, I am seeking support from you to resolve my problem so that I can start normal activities.

Hi Md Momin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
islamnahidul34
Community Member

Hi,

I get this message "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support." But I have not got any email yet. 

I am a freelancer. I am just buying Connects using my own bank card. Don't know what happens.  How is this resolved?

Thank you

Hi Nahidul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
62a8897d
Community Member

Hi Moderator Panel 

I am a freelancer and all my clients are outside of upwork. I used to use direct contract with then recurring basis weekly/monthly/other interval based on their requirements. I also used to receive my payments installment basis as per my clients request. Suddenly, Upwork has limited my financial transactions with an existing balance of USD 2023.77 and I have some other existing contract there. 

I have submitted all the documents for their review and I got 'Good to go" mail from verification centre. But still my financial transactions are shown limited. I requested that respective Upwork agent to do it fast so that my earnings are not impacted. They replied it will require another 24-48 hours to review. 

I came to know from my clients that they also received some questions and they replied to Upwork.  So all the required documents are sent to Upwork from both my client side and my side 2 days before. Its been 4 days, I am with this limited financial transaction in my Upwork  account.

I want to know why they have limited my financial transactions? Is there any procedures to make this process more easier, fast and user friendly. For this process, I cannot receive money from my customer and that contracts are being expired.

I am seeking your cordial cooperation regarding this.

Hi Md Momin,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
gevor89
Community Member

Hi, 

I have an issue with applying for a job, earlier I got a request from Upwork to update tax information in my profile and I just did it, so should I wait for a couple of more days till the hold will be removed or something is wrong and it should have been removed immediately? 

Hi Gevorg,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account has been placed on hold due to failed charge on your card. Could you please add a new active card and remove cards with expired and failed charges status?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
gevor89
Community Member

The card I attached does not have any problems, could you please specify what is the exact issue? Thanks in advance.

gevor89
Community Member

Btw, I changed the previous card, so this one should not have any issues, please take a look once more. 

Hi Gevorg,

Thanks for following up. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1e99fedf
Community Member

Hi

My credit card is 100% fine, I tried 2 different ones but it did not work.

I need support to reach the billing company and sort it out, my bank says there is no issue on our side.

Hi Adi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
nomi1231
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well.

My financial transactions is limited, I don't know why. Previously, i got a client that was a scammer and my contract was suspended. I did the work if 3 hours before the suspension. I asked support team and they said it's not protected under hourly protective, i said okay. But now i don't now upwork reverse 11 dollars first and send me the email that we are refunding, i raised some questions. Then they suspend my financial transactions and then do a refund of 93 dollars.

Now the 3 hours payment is refunded to the client. 
but my financial transactions is suspended until now?

Can anyone please help me on this?

Hi Noman,

I'm sorry to learn about this experience you had with a client and the unexpected refund that's been processed on your account. Please note that when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed.

I can see that the team has reached out via email with more information and instructions on how to resolve the issue. You've also raised a ticket with the same concern and it's being escalated to the appropriate team for further review. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your case and you will be getting an update with one of your tickets on this page once done. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hope the support team can help you Norman.

kniaza7
Community Member

Hi, Upwork teams

I got this status after change PayPal account, "Your financial account -__________- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.".

I am not sure what's the problem with that.

Please help me to restore my upwork account.

Hi Gurami,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your financial account is already restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths