🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568
marwasalem
Community Member

Hello Dears, I am facing an Issue with my account and it's my 1st time to face such a problem with Upwork and need your help and advice please.

I recieved that my Financial transactions have been limited and Upwork informed me that they are investigating one of my clients without mentioning the reason. They asked me some questons and I answered them with screenshots but till the moment they haven't resolve the problem and my account is still on hold!

This was 17 days ago! The last reply from Support adviced me to communicate with the client and encourage them to respond to Upwork inquiries so that they can expedite my account's review process. When I tried to message the client I found that message: "(Client Name) does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored"

So, how can i reach the client and encourage him to respond to Upwork?!

I am so disappointed and feels that Upwork is not safe like before, especially when you know that this client reached me through Upwork and invited me directly. I need to know why Upwork holds my financial transactions? I believe the problem is with the client not with me.

Does anyone faced same problem? Do you have any advice?

Really your help is highly appreciated

Thank you

Hi Marwa,

Thank you for contacting us. I have checked your account and found that you have an open support ticket with one of our agents. You can view your support tickets here. If you need to add more information to your ticket, please reply to the same email thread. Our agents will get back to you as soon as possible, usually within 24-48 hours. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0ea796be
Community Member

I received a message that my "financial account (X) has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account." I have a free membership, so I'm unsure of why my account has been suspended. Still, I went ahead and added a new payment method, but that didn't solve the issue. I have money in my account that I'd like to withdrawl, but Upwork is preventing me from doing that due to this issue. What can I do to get my account back to active status?

To add to this, I looked through my payment method on file, and I haven't had a premium membership to Upwork since May 10, 2022 - almost a year ago.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0ea796be
Community Member

Thank you!

0ea796be
Community Member

I removed paypal, waited three days for my  new payment method to be approved, and it still doesn't work. I've been trying to release funds since Sunday. 

dorlly
Community Member

I am currently facing this issue after opening a request about my billing payment issue. First, my account was suspended after the request with no valid reason only for customer support to tell me the case has been resolved and I should try adding another card which I've done and still have the same issues. My bank has cleared my card. I've added over 3 cards to my account and it's still not accepting it. At this point in really frustrated.

Hi Ebun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
sohaibqazi
Community Member

Hi, I have seen my profile after a long long time and it is showing that my profile has been set to private and financial transactions against my profile have been limited. I am neither able to generate a ticket nor able to visit page Customre Help Centre. It is requested to kindly solve the matter at your earliest.

Looking forward for your positive and quick response.

It is possible that your account was set to this due to lack of identification verification, click on your profile and select settings, check your identificatin verification and other settings to see if there is an issue there.

Identification is complete and I am back to this portal after 4,5 years. 

The first thing I would try is to set your profile to Public.

If that doesn’t work, read through Upwork’s Profile Changed to Private and click the Reset My Profile Visibility button.

Hi Sohaib,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I already set your profile visibility to public. As for your financial transaction being limited, I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
f494eaea
Community Member

My credit card expired, so I added a new card and paid the balance.

Now it says my transactions have been limited, and the person I hired says the contract is suspended.

It says to contact support but you don't even have live support.

Can you look into this and enable my account?

Hi mike,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and has already been assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
0ea796be
Community Member

I received a message that my "financial account (X) has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account." Support told me that the system flagged my PayPal account for some reason, and I needed to remove it. I did that several days ago, added a new payment method, and my account is still suspended. I've been trying to withdraw money since Sunday, and I can't get it out of my account. Right now, I have a client who wants more work, but I'm not sure how to proceed since I can't withdraw any money. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amy,

I checked and can see you were able to update the team in the support ticket. Please continue to communicate with them directly as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
7d1821c8
Community Member

Kindly don't be worried and again chat on community and help forum
mak777
Community Member

Hi Amy,
Verifying a payment method is only required for posting jobs as a Client and not required for working as a Freelancer. So, if you have a Client Account and have posted any job(s) (projects) then you need to verify your payment method, but I want to share with you an experience I passed through just recently:
I had created a "Client Account" and just had a draft created to post a job (project) (without verifying my payment method), yet the Upwork system suspended my freelancer account. I contacted Upwork Support and told them about this and then they activated my account again.
So, even if we haven't posted any project yet and just have a draft created in our Client Account (without a verified payment method), it can be a cause of our freelancer account suspension. You can check if you have such an issue.

c3e9c10a
Community Member

Hi, Upwork

My financial account has been suspended. I do not know the exact reason. The app advised me to contact you. I would really appreciate your help.

Regards.

e2155b29
Community Member

I can't withdraw, it's saying my financial account has been suspended. It also gives me an error message: "Financial transactions for Oluwadamilola Mary (57031838) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support." Please help me to resolve this, it's urgent. 

Thank you.

Upwork should please help me. When I tried navigating around to see if there will be a solution, it's saying I should add a billing method when am from Nigeria

Hi Oluwadamilola,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dkrahenbuhl
Community Member

i was travelling and had a issue with my card (did not realise as i did not read emails)

just came back home and paid the outstandinhg fees as soon i saw the issue.

but i still get: 

Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance

tried to reach support but the chatbot is not avaialble.

did all i was ask to do form the support pages.. I need help to get my account back to "normal"

Thanks a lot

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

i cant even buy connects... pls see screenshot

ed190894
Community Member

Hi I have the same problem. Please help me too

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
dkrahenbuhl
Community Member

Hi Anni the suport request was to make my profiel public. i could not reach anyone to explain my situation regarding the account status ("Financial transactions on your account have been limited.....").

So im a bit lost here

ismailseoexpert
Community Member

Your account account is restricted to withdraw. so solve my problem and solve my problem quickly please 

Upwork Enterprise 

Hi Ismail,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ee396a10
Community Member

Hi, I have setup my account 100% and sort all payment info. However when i try to apply for a job the button is greyed out. I see the message 'Your account has been limited. Please contact customer support' I have update all payment methods correctly so and my profile is complete. Any ideas why this is happening ??

I get this message when trying to buy connects on my freelance account. Your account has been limited. Please contact customer support. Who can help, as i cant apply for jobs either.

I also cant see how to access the chatbot. There is no green button at the bottom of the screen.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gavin,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
ee396a10
Community Member

thanks Andrea

94a9ac6e
Community Member

Hello manager
I received a Financial Account Suspend warning on my Upwork account a week ago, so I updated the billing method with my Mastercard. Despite this, I still have the same warning. I'm not sure why; could you please help me?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Igor,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
shakingcupmedia
Community Member

Needed to update payment method. I did, can you unlock my account now?

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths