🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account has been already restored.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c07f5867
Community Member

Hi Guys,

I get the following error because my credit card was outdatet:

Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance. Read more

I added the new credit card some days ago and paid all outstanding balances. Now my balance is 0$, so I think all should be fine. But my account is still supended and I get this error.

I could not find any help on the support pages. Impossible to reach a human. Maybe this forum can help?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Steven

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
PradeepH

Hi Tanveer,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b5748492
Community Member

I was having 6.5$ balance to be paid I was busy in some work did not notice that, 5 days later when I noticed I paid and added new billing method to my client account. But now I am unable to submit proposals for new jobs. The warning bar is also still there, showing that my financial transactions are limited, but I have paid my all balance and updated payment method. Kindly help me as soon as possible. Submit Proposal Button Disabled 

Hi Habib,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fba6d317
Community Member

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

The story is like this
1. At first, I did not notice that I did not have enough money to automatically write off the balance
2. Upwork blocked my account operations
3. I paid for the services under the concluded contracts
4. The account was not unlocked. 2 cards tied active and with balances.
What to do?

Hi Kamil,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your financial account is already restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ahafiz167
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team, 

I hope you are doing well, few days ago I found that my account has been restricted and I am not able to withdraw my funds even its in available, I am on the weekly retainer option with the client, I have replied on the ticket to the agent, even almost more than 2 days passed, I am not getting any reponse, kindly help. 

Thanks

Hi Hafiz,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, 
Thanks for the response, I really appreciated the way you are helping, but is there any way if you can highlight my case to the upwork team , because I am on the weekly retainer option, and now I have more funds available on the pending tab, should I need to contact my client to stop the contract, because I am afraid if I will be able to withdraw it or not. I already provided everthing which they needed. I can provide more, even it will be very much helpful if any agent can call / chat directly with me. 

Thanks

zimzum
Community Member

Hello,

I`m getting this error since yesterday on my freelancer account? Any thoughts why is this happening? I only see it on the freelancer account, not on the client account.

Thank you

Hi Florin,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

I had trouble covering the payment, please remove and add a new card, the charge was successful.
My account is at 0, but my worker thinks my account is inactive.

can you help me check my account

Hi Adriana,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1bda38e0
Community Member

I have similar issue, but unfortunatelly no one replied on this ticket yet !!!!

Upwork support team, could you please help ??

Hi Eli, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
mmr_naeem
Community Member

Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support.

I can't transfer my earnings to my bank. It's been days since I'm facing the issue. I contact support but didn't get any solution. They just suggest clearing cookies and trying a different browser instead. I did everything they said. Without further assistance, they closed the ticket and I'm still having the problem. 

The tickets are: #37579528 and 37549655

I need immediate assistance. Thanks!

Hi Mahfuzur,

~Andrea
Upwork

Their response to one ticket was that it would not be resolved, and another ticket was the same. Keeping it open for assistance, I replied to the last one.

I don't need to copy and paste replies or suggestions, I already read them out. Thank you. 

eddes1gns
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to make payments. I get this message "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

Can someone please help me asap.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I'm not sure why this happened, can someone please check my account?

f4f39dbe
Community Member

Hello, I wanted to add a payment method as I am new to Upwork.

The following notification caught my eye-

"Financial transactions have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

However, I haven't gotten an email from Upwork, and there isn't a pending ticket for this problem on the customer support site either.

Any ideas on how to overcome this problem?

Thx.

Hi Waiyan,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork
peterkerich
Community Member

My financial account has been suspended due to issues with payment methods.

Hi Upwork teams, Greetings.

This is Peter and I am using upwork account for over 12 months.

Today, I tried to login my account and it says "Your financial account -__________- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.".

There is nothing changed on my financial account and the payment method already exists.

I am not sure what's the problem with that.

Hi Peter,

~ AJ
Upwork
b_koutb
Community Member

It's been more than 60 hours since I replied to the support ticket regarding my account restriction and nothing happened yet. Also they mentioned that they will suspend my account in 5 days if I did not reply, but it's the forth day and I didn't heard from them anything...!!!   Ticket N°  #37581869

Hi Bouhafs,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
b_koutb
Community Member

Thanks for the reply

i've got a notification that my ID was verified, but it gets worse because my account was resticted and now it shows that its suspended !!! and no support reply yet

ariasaven
Community Member

I already removed my Paypal account and added my Mastercard debit card. I cannot withdraw my funds because of this. Please fix ASAP. Thank you.

Hi Marian,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
59a802b5
Community Member

My financial transaction was limited and i didn't get any mail explaining why

Hi Bukoye,

~ AJ
Upwork
9506ee5f
Community Member

Hi,

I have financial restrictions on my account but have paid my bill and added additional payment method.

Can I have this removed ASAP please as its having a huge impact

Thabks

Hi Lee,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9506ee5f
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Its saying he has solved it but he hasn't unfortunately. I really need this lifting as people's wages need to be paid. Please can this be resolved today. Thanks

Hi Lee,

Thank you for reaching out. Please don't hesitate to respond to the support ticket as your concern is being handled by the correct team. If you have further concerns, they are the best people who can assist you in reinstating your financial account.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi I'm not sure how to respond to that ticket it has now changed to a review of how happy I am with the response. Can a new ticket raised j need to resolve this ASAP 

Thanks 

Hi Lee,

I followed up with the team handling your concern. Kindly wait for them to reach out to you. Thanks!

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths