🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568

Hi Neil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding limitations on your account. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mfacs9
Community Member

We are an agency and when I tried to withraw funds it say "Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support." Can anyone help me to resolve the issue. Thank you

Hi Maynard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding limitations on your account. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mfacs9
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

When can I expect the response. We need to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Can you give me a reason if why is my financial account suspended? Thank you in advance. 

Hi Maynard, 

As much as we want to assist you with your query, for privacy reasons, there are limits on what we can disclose about your financial account here in the Community. As Nikola mentioned, we highly suggest you coordinate with the team through this page so that they can assist you more efficiently.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you accordingly. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
mfacs9
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Please let us know how can we resolve the issue financial account has been suspended. How are we going to withraw the funds that we have? Thanks

c0aac252
Community Member

Hi, I've added several payment methods but all of them can't be processed.

When I try to pay any of them I see the notification "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Could you advise, please, how to sort the issue?
Thank you all in advance!

Hi Hanna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c0aac252
Community Member

Hi, thank you so much for your help.

My issue is still unsolved. I can't buy new connects(

Hi Hanna,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page

It looks like they need additional information from your end to be able to assist you. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I have an issue. I can't buy connects, Could you help me please, I've just checked my PayPal and its works for other platforms.

Can you help me please, to solve the issue?

Thank you in advance!

Best wishes,
Hanna

Hi Hanna,

As Nikola mentioned, the team has provided you with details and instructions on how to resolve the issue via a support ticket here. We highly suggest you coordinate with the team by responding so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9c4ced33
Community Member

Hello, my account is not active and get support chat box is also not showing and i have already paid due balance, here i have attached screenshot of the error

12333.png

Hi Sagar,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your financial account has been restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ac15bfdc
Community Member

I keep getting the message ""Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support." There's nothing wrong with our credit cards. I need someone at upwork to delete this problem as soon as possible. We can't do any work. This is a Fourture 100 company, there's nothing wrong with our credit cards.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like there are no limitations on your account. Could you please confirm if you are still seeing the notification on your end? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Yes, someone named Felix fixed this a day ago. thanks.

marwan_sayed
Community Member

I Got a withdrawal restriction, and I can not withdraw money from my account on Upwork, I have been notified to contact support and I got no answer, I contacted them twice until now.

They told me a week ago that I contacted a client out of Upwork before the contract is created, But I do not remember I did that, there must be a mistake here.

I made an appeal for the restriction and I got the attached message.

the funny part is that Upwork restricted my account after they take their commercial.

Anyway, I want to know when this restriction will end and if there is some way to stop this unjust decision.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Marwan,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
579e121f
Community Member

My financial account has been restricted from getting paid, that is, withdrawing my earnings.

You may want to contact Upwork Support and get that verified. 

Hi Zanobia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
997f0536
Community Member

Hello,

I have added my payoneer account as a withdrawal account for my Upwork profile and it's registered on my name only. I keep getting a message that the payment method has been suspended please contact upwork support.

I don't know what kind of a glitch is this. Please can someone help me in this regard?

Vandana Kaur

Hi Vandana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6f76641d
Community Member

This is further to ticket no. #37385762.

Since I got no resonse to this ticket I'm raising a fresh ticket here. 

There was a problem with my credit card due to which one weeks transaction failed. This week I've paid previous weeks dues, and also the dues of this week. 

Still,

- Upwork keeps showing that Financial Transactions of my account are limited

- Freelancer hasn't got his share from the money I paid to Upwork

- Freelancer is not able to login his work hours for my project

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6f071e81
Community Member

I'm a project manager.

Recently my account was suspended owing to an expired card. Upon realising this, I updated my account with a new payment method and paid off my outstanding amounts.

Since then, however, my account continues to be suspended and my freelancer can not log any hours. Please advise as my freelancer is becoming concerned that we will not be able to pay him based on the work he has continued to undertake during this period of not being able to log time.

James

Hi James,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account and the contract is already restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4d5570d2
Community Member

Hi. This is so ridiculous - my account got suspended because a payment got declined

I have fixed it all up, my balance is $0 yet my account is still limited & I CANNOT figure out how to contact you

I need this rectified ASAP as I have jobs needing to be done, yesterday

Please fix this immediately

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
gloiretech
Community Member

Hello there,

I received above message and an email to my mailbox. I understand why my account got temporary hold however I just added a new card and cleared the payment. 

I was actually planning to pay via Paypal but it will get activated on 23rd.

Any way, now there is no due on my account, can you please bring my account back to normal? becasue now it doesnt allow my freelancer account to bid on new projects 😞 

Anyone from UpWork can help please? I really need to bid on a few projects.. 

Hi Nitin,

Thank you for your message. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
15fcb3db
Community Member

I have fixed all the issues on my account. However, I have two active credit cards or financial transactions. I have contacted the customer support link, and my account still says that financial transactions for your companies have been limited.

I submitted a ticket and It says it is "Solved" but it is not solved. The chat feature is just an endless bot that does nothing but takes you in circles. I need my account reactivated. How can I get this done? Please HELP!!

Hi Jerold,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
timbuk25
Community Member

My account was suspended due to having the wrong card in my account. I updated my payment method and the first week's balance was paid. I assumed this week it would be resolved, however, today is Monday and another transaction should have been made but the withdrawal never occurred and my account is still suspended. This is a very frustrating situation, I have scoured the forum and seen various people with the same issue. Some say it took weeks to be resolved. This is unacceptable to me as I have a deadline to meet and my client is unable to finish my project. 

P.S. I find it highly unprofessional to not offer any way of contacting support directly. Makes me a question using this platform altogether. 

Hi Kaijah,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your account has been placed on hold due to declined card. Please update your card details to restore your account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have updated my payment info and it still says that it is suspended.

Hi Kaijah,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and can confirm that the suspension has been lifted. In general, kindly allow 24-48 hours for your account to be resumed after resolving the issue with your payment method.

~ AJ
Upwork
f712e832
Community Member

Hi, I had an issue where my credit card was low on funds, so my account got some limitations.

I added a new card and paid the whole amount that was due but I still have those limitations after many days and I can't post new jobs.

This is just crazy. I hire freelancers because I need to move fast. I think we will change platform.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths