🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568

Hi Mekhrajjan,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members has already responded to you. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you,

Pradeep 

Upwork

Many people wished me well for my results on Upwork and I was honored:party_popper:.  

And now the hurdle in front of me is to continue working with Upwork or just leave it without anything. Because today I was warned about returning the money to my client (although here the client just wins and I get nothing) but I did not receive any information or news about it from the client. 

The amount of money that needs to be paid back is not small for me and it will take me 5 or 6 months to earn that amount, so I have to work for free for that long and is that right?

I will wait for Upwork's answer to this. I hope Upwork is ready to help freelancers

Mekhrajjan Khalmuratov
xurehman
Community Member

Hi, Upwork team it's been months since I didn't start any project because I'm busy.
Everything is fine with my account I have no dispute nor any payable dues. But I have some funds in my Upwork account.
Today I'm looking a pop " Financial transactions for have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support. " 
I got no mail regarding this issue.
I have opened a ticket upon the case but still no response.

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sana,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
heba_elgendy
Community Member

So, I've wanted to give a freelancer a bonus and when I tried to do so, a problem happened. 

I found later that there was a problem with my payment method, but by this time, my account was suspended and I literally couldn't do anything with it.

I updated my payment method and literally paid the remaining amount, yet it's still suspended! Even though they clearly stated that paying the remaining amount solves the issue.

I want a quick solution please as I'm a freelancer as well who needs to pursue working on the website and this is delaying my projects.

You can try to contact upwork support but I guess one of the moderators will see your post soon and help you to resolve that immediately

Hi Reem,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear Annie,

Thanks but I'm in a rush to pursue my projects as a freelancer and I won't be able to work until it's resolved. The clients want me to work on the projects immediately, so I want be able to wait longer since it already asked me to pay the remaining amount anf it'll be lifted immediately.

So if there's an urgent solution, please do me a favor.

7898f7f4
Community Member

My financial account is susspended. There was paypal, which is active and functioning and card. I removed card, added another visa card, made it primary, but no success 😞

Hi Rusudan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
dad5e9dc
Community Member

I know the meaning of this sentence! but why this happens? My balance was deducted from my bank cards! & now Upwork says that it reversed! My Bank card is dual currency international visa card! I can purchase internationally at the limitation of $50 & Upwork transaction was $15.11. It's clear cut Purchase from upwork! But upwork says Money was reversed to my bank but i got no notification!

Note: This is the second time in a month that i got suspension(now account is on hold) of my account! If continuously it happens then how is it possible for me to work on upwork?

dad5e9dc_0-1671684939892.png

Hi Yeasin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
102009fb
Community Member

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

Need help to fix this

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tristan, 

I can see that you were able to file a ticket for the same concern. The Upwork Support Team will reach out to you once they get to your ticket in their queue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cff42bcc
Community Member

Hello,

I am your client and I have a problem with my account.
We received a message: Financial transactions for your company have been limited. I have updated the card. But its still limited.
Please help me to solve the problem.

Thank you very much,

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for your fast reply. I have accessed my support tickets but there is no new ticket opened yet.

How long should I wait for support to open a new ticket for this issue?

Thank you.

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for following up. I reached out to the team handling your case and you will receive a support ticket as soon as possible. 

We appreciate your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork
a7d0949f
Community Member

I can't open any support ticket, I can't chat with a real person I can't even talk with someone over the phone. My account is limited, and freelancers cant track their progress, please someone help me.

The payment from last 2 weeks didn't go through due to my bank but soon later I added another payment method and I paid all. At the moment I don't have any debt on Upwork.

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

The same thing , online chats with agents stop working at all. They suspend my account for any financial transactions , I verified my id and answered on all questions , but now nobody answer me . Did you solve your problem yet ?

raymondsroxas
Community Member

I issued a refund accidentally and it seems like upwork is charginf my debit card which has no funds.

i emailed support to cancel the refund 

Hi Raymond,

~ AJ
Upwork

I hope they can reinstate asap as i have submitted the ID and the photo
holding the ID

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your message. I understand how important this is for you. I see that you are already communicating with the team handling your request and they have already responded to the support ticket requesting additional time to investigate your issue. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to complete their investigation. They will respond to you via the same support ticket as soon as they have an update for you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
karun0832
Community Member

Hi,

I am getting this message (Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance.) I am unable to see any balance on my client/freelancer profile. I have raised a ticket on support as well but don't get any reply there. Can anyone help here to get rid of this issue, Also apply now button is also grayed out when I am trying to bid for any job.

Thanks,

Arun Kumar

Hi Arun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ksyumaya
Community Member

My financial transactions have been limited . I created ticket answered on all questions from agents, successfully verified my ID . But till now is under limit. Chat online doesn't work at all , on all my last message nobody answer. What I can do in this situation ? Someone can say me if my account will unblock from limits and when in this way ???

It seems to be happening to a lot of freelancers around the world right now. I haven't found an answer on the forum here yet.

Anyway, I have the same thing: payment delays. This has never happened before.

I work on Upwork 6 years and I have this at first too. Even if they remove limits i start afraid work with Upwork on big projects and amounts. Cos they accept payment and after limited my account, so money from client stay on Upwork. At least they can don't accept payment, but they accept and after put limit for I can't withdraw money for my work. Chat online doesn't work at all that I see first time during many years.

Hi Kseniia,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Yes but at least while I try verify my documents I get respond from your agents, but after documents was verified successfull I don't have any respond second day yet ! Strange moment that your site accept payment and after block account. You accept money and after don't allow withdraw this money, instead at all don't accept payment.

Chat with agents doesn't work at all , every day during week I try connect to chat agent and nothing. But before when I need to contact with agent in chat I reach him without any problem. Looks like in purpose you don't allow connect to agent in online chat. Never happens before this. Only now after you limited financial transactions. Can someone say at least after successfully verification I have chance that Upwork cancel limits from my account ?

chakoto
Community Member

chakoto_0-1673017030791.png

I got this notification that my financial account has been suspended despite not having any issues at all with my payments in 2 years. I Contacted support but 3 days later, no one has gotten back to me. Please kindly help asap. Thanks.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
dad5e9dc
Community Member

I have paid my debt to the upwork but still upwork showing the red notice! I have opened a ticket but did not get any reply yet! So i am concern at my situation!

dad5e9dc_0-1673097292001.png

Hi Yeasin,

~ AJ
Upwork
dad5e9dc
Community Member

Thanks for your reply but community moderator are faster than ticket support! so, I let you guys know that i am stucking here!

Hi Yeasin,

Thank you for letting us know. The relevant team will review your account and respond to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a6dbd341
Community Member

My financial account was limited, and I have done all requirements to restore my account is still under suspension. I have contacted support, but they have not responded for about 48 hours now.

Please I need help

Hi Andrew,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket about your concern and it looks like the team have have recently just responded with more information and instructions on how to resolve the issue. Feel free to review your ticket here and coordinate with the team by responding for further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths