🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
f21098fc
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

Hello! I have recently create an account to look for work last week. After putting in my billing method, I have received 50 connects but all of a sudden I received an error stating that there was a financial hold. I did not receive any email and the support chat will not connect with anyone, it just keeps taking me to an article for community or academy. What should I do next?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Tashyra,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

153 REPLIES 153

Hi Jeanice,

We can see that you already submitted a support ticket to our team. Please allow them time to review and update you directly on your open ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
783de16c
Community Member

Hi JoanneP it says I no longer have access to the ticket.

09a699ec
Community Member

I recently got the same issue after setting up my billing method. I have done what the chatbot suggested but not nothings change. What options do I have to take again?

Hi Oluwadarasimi,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
rohaankhan341
Community Member

Hello, It's been more than 5 days since I added my bank account but it is still showing "inactive". I have tried re-adding several times. Nothing works. No email from Upwork, nothing. I filed a requests, It's not even showing to me now. 
What should I do Now? And yes, I don't live in U.S.

Check your requests here.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

Maybe some useful info there. Yes, default security hold for activation is 5 days.

Hi Rohaan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bisnarcristy
Community Member

Hi,

I've been using Upwork for almost 5 years now and I am trying to withdraw my funds and encountered this error "Your financial account has been suspended". PLEASE HELP!

Hi Cristy,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
78db1c68
Community Member

Hi Upwork teams, Greetings.

This is Abhishek K. and I am using upwork account since 1 month.

Today, I tried to login my account and it says "Your financial account -__________- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.".

There is nothing changed on my financial account and the payment method already exists.

I am not sure what's the problem with that.

Please help me to restore my upwork account. 

😔

Hi Abhishek,

We checked your account and can no longer see any limitation on your account. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
donttryitx
Community Member

We have good accounting standing, and have many workers already working actively and the payments are being processed succesfully each week. 

We are not able to post a new job for already 3 months because of this error.  Weve been on upwork since odesk about 14 years now. 

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry for any frustration this might've caused you. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0fdf663b
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to make payments. I get this message "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

Hi Habib,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon with more information about your account and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
francinesoleil
Community Member

Hi, I can't withdraw funds in my account because it says "Your financial account has been suspended." but I didn't receive any email or notification why this happened or how to fix it. I've been using the same payment method for 9 years with no issue. I'm not sure how to get in touch with Upwork to resolve this issue.

It sounds frustrating to encounter this issue with your Upwork account. Since you haven't received any notification about why your financial account was suspended, reaching out to Upwork's customer support is the best course of action. You can usually find a contact option within your Upwork account settings or on their website. Be sure to provide all relevant details about your situation, including your account information and any recent changes or activities, to expedite the resolution process.

I can't find a way to contact Upwork directly though. I was able to do it before, but it's very difficult to do it now? Their chat support is only a bot that can't answer about this situation and I can no longer find the page to submit requests or support tickets. 

Hi Francine Soleil,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience your financial account issue has caused. The support ticket you raised has been escalated to the appropriate team, and actions have been taken to resolve the issue. I looked closer at your account and confirmed that the hold-on has been lifted.

Let us know if you need further assistance; we'll gladly help.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0986b770
Community Member

Hello, how are you?

My client account is limited due to the previous payment method.

I have changed it to new payment methods, but the warning badge is still showing on the top of my account.

How can I fix the issue?

0986b770_0-1715877387138.png

Hi Lucas,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
victoralvino
Community Member

I have a contract, I have been working normally, but I tried to make a withdrawal and I got this message "Your financial account has been suspended."
I have been working on Upwork for more than 4 years and the first time I see this, I don't know how to solve it because it has also become very complicated for me to send a ticket to the Upwork team.

Same issue here. I don't know the reason why. Please help😭

Hi Kristel,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you as well. We’ve also escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Victor,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6423951f
Community Member

Hello, how are you
First, I am happy that I am a new member with you and I would like this site to be my primary source of income, but I have a problem that I cannot bid on projects because of this problem and it has the number Ehab Gad (63653359)

Hi Ehab,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b462fb81
Community Member

I wonder if anyone can help with this one?

My card expired - so I updated it but still this error persists and I can not restart the contracts...

Checked with the bank and the card is ok so not sure how to move forward

any insight would be appreciated

Contact Upwork support. They should fix this at their end, if you have correctly added the card details. 

Hi Philip,

I am sorry to hear about the hold placed on your account. I have followed up with our team and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
2caddb5f
Community Member

I am getting this error and cannot edit my profile. I am not sure if these problems are connected. 

My billing method is through Paypal and it is a verified account but I keep getting this error message: We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now

And I think my problem about not being able to edit my profile is connected to this problem. 

Hi Shawntel,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial transactions. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
lesterobbayi
Community Member

Please help me 🙏. For a really long time I have kept updating all my billing methods, however, they still remain to be on hold. I have attached a screenshot below for reference.

lesterobbayi_0-1716204116107.png

Use the billing method that matches your name. And update it again properly

All my billing methods have always matched my name exactly.

All my billing methods have always matched my name exactly.

Okay

Hi Lester,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you, looking forward to having this resolved. 

4da69013
Community Member

No matter how many times I update my billing method I get the same error message:
"We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now."
followed by:
"Financial transactions for [MY NAME] have been limited"

I have followed all the steps suggested by the AI chatbot but it refuses to connect me to an agent and I can't find a way to submit a support ticket.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths