🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Password recovery error Upwork could not ...
Page options
5a22752e
Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

445 REPLIES 445

Hi M Yusuf,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep H, How can i send you private message? I clicked on your name but I wasn't able to find the private message function.

By the way my email address that can't login is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank You

Hi M Yusuf,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to find any account linked to the email address shared by you. I have removed the email address to adhere to our Community Guidelines. Could you please try sending me a private message now?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
felizabermundo
Community Member

Hello,

I made this new account so I can write here my problem since in order to contact you I need to have my account and my account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

It says Google account **Edited for Community Guidelines** is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please ensure you are using the same account you previously linked."

Hi Ma Feliza,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
47b635e1
Community Member

I am trying to enter my security answer, but I made a mistake because of the keyboard,  and when I tried to reset the security answer, they ask me for the password and I don't have it since I ahve created the account using gmail, when I tried to reset password I had this message : Password recovery error Upwork could not locate the information needed to recover your password.
Someone please have  a solution I really need to access my account.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oussama,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon via email in order to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
c0003778
Community Member

Hi 

When I try to login with my company email I got this error. And its a dead end because you cant activate it if you cannot login.

Please help.

Error is:

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Hi Togan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
bstory32
Community Member

I have an account that, when I sign in, says to sign in using google SSO, when I try that I get an error that says "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Where Can I get some support for this?

I have a separate account where manage my jobs and pay the people I hire. I've been waiting since Monday to have someone respond to a previous post. I signed in with Google SSO after the account has been established and now it's stuck in a state that won't allow me to log in to manage jobs.

If I can't get this resolved within 48 hourts, I will refuse further charges to my credit card and start paying my developers outside of the system. There needs to be a better way to reset accounts, this is a terrible user experience. 

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you're referring to? I'll surely look into that and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c5d10959
Community Member

I am getting the same issue. I need help

c5d10959
Community Member

Im having the same issue now. I need help 

Hi Faith,

Thank you for your message. I see that this account is already closed now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
44eb3c07
Community Member

Hi, I can not log into my main account. I created this account to ask help.  I had changed my email adress, then I could not log in. It says google sign in is not activated for this account. So could you please help me, I struggling a lot. I wrote to the support page many times, still no response. I remember my password, my secret question answer and even own that gmail, but still can not log in.
Name: Yuldashev Mukhammadyusuf Kobuljon Ugli

Email:**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please someone from upwork, reach me.

Hi Muhammadyusuf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
44eb3c07
Community Member

Hi, I did not get any email from support team, please help me. I am struggling a lot. Here is my email for that account:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Name: Yuldashev Mukhammadyusuf Kobuljon Ugli

Hi Muhammadyusuf,

~ AJ
Upwork
59f43a1d
Community Member

I have tried for over 2 hours to figure out why I cant log into UpWork. I keep getting the message in the subject line. Can someon please help me get this resolved? This is connected to my business email not the one i am using for this post. Support, Please send me a PM so I can get this resolved.

Melina 

Hi Melina,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
22b6f79d
Community Member

When I first registered at Upwork, I used my constitutional (university) email. I just recently graduated, and I'm afraid that my univ would delete my constitutional gmail. So I went to settings and changed it to my personal gmail.
It both received a message that Upwork has changed my email, one to my old one saying that it changed, and one to the new one that has a button that I click that says Confirm Email Change Request that sent me to the Log In page. When I tried to log in, it just says that my google account can not be accessed at the moment.

It's been 2 days and I can't still log in using the new one, I can only log in using the old email.
How long should I wait before I can use the new one? or is this an error to Upwork's system? Thanks for the help!

Hi John,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you on this page soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
22b6f79d
Community Member

Thank you for the help! 

5214b33c
Community Member

same problem
my error: You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

And moreover I'm still able to login with old email id

Hi Utsav,

~ AJ
Upwork
8d05675b
Community Member

this is a second account that I have created to post on this forum I will delete it after I have regained my original account. Google deleted the email I use to log into my account, so I cannot log in.

Hi Finn,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address linked to your original account? I'll have that reviewed and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
df6a1f13
Community Member

Hey, I'm facing the same issue. Please help

Thanks

Hi Aiman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0a6d650c
Community Member

I completed my sign-up through Google, and it asked me for a password. However, since I signed in through Google, I am unable to enter my password and access the settings. Please help.

Hi Deodito,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0a6d650c
Community Member

Thank you

6751bd02
Community Member

6751bd02_0-1691047742975.png

I log in to my account with no problem with Google,  but when I try to go into settings. I get a security question that I don't know the answer. And clicking on 'forget the answer' I'm asked to put a different account password - not the Google password I use to login. So I'm stuck. I have no other password, I always log in with a Google account. The funny part is that if I click on 'forget the password' I'm asked again to answer the security question, so it's a looping. I still write the security question correctly but the account is not open. How to fix this issue?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble accessing the Settings page. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
045d70f2
Community Member

Hello!

I had to create this account due to not being able to access my main account because of this. I need urgent assistance with this.

I am not able to log in to my main account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address". Due to not being able to access my acocunt, I cannot modify that option.

Please help!

Hi Maria Camila, 

We certainly understand your concern. However, having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's ToS. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you need assistance with? I'll be more than willing to check on that and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
045d70f2
Community Member

Hello Arjay, I'm not being able to send you a pm, could you please assist me with that?

Hi Maria, 

Thank you for following up. Could you please try again to send a PM? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths