🐈
» Forums » Support » My account is closed for no reason
Page options
TK L Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

in attempt to close my client account and keep the freelancer side of it, i closed my whole account! and i don't have a clue about how to get it back so please help me, thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using this fake account just to access this chat box.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi TK,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

704 REPLIES 704
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Shuijaat,

You should now see the option to send messages to us Moderators. Please click on our name and send us the required information so that we can proceed with assisting you with your concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Faraz P Community Member

It was working fine and even no recent transaction happened , there is a project going on and they canceled my other account.

Tried to contact support chat , doesnt respond well.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Faraz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the account you are referring to so that we can assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Faraz P Community Member

Its a client account and only one order was going on , before i accept the final product the account was closed and also i have no issue with my freelancer.
What else would like to know about acccount ?

Hi Faraz,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Faraz P Community Member

Thank you

Faraz P Community Member

Hi its been 3 days and i havents received any email from upwork about any ticket.
Kindy help me reopen the closed account.
Thank you

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Faraz,

I can see that you're already communicating with our support team now via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Faraz P Community Member

Account is on email id : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Dmitrii B Community Member

Hello,

I lived in Russia and now I am relocated to Thailand

Now I'm getting the message "We're sorry, your account has been locked because we've suspended operations in Russia and Belarus."

The article says that if my location has changed, then I can request an appeal

This form doesn't work for me:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/5313574196627-Appealing-an-Account-Suspension

I get this automatic message:

Dear Dmitrii Blinov,

We see you submitted a request to appeal an Upwork account suspension.

However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended).

If you submitted the form by mistake, no worries, we’ve disregarded it. If you have other questions, please visit Upwork Help to contact our support team.

Thank you,
Upwork Trust & Safety Team

I couldn't get help anywhere, so I created a temporary account. I know that there was already a similar request from another user.

Hi Dmitrii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please provide the email address associated with the account? Please send it to me via PM. Just click on my name and then on "Send a message."

~ AJ
Upwork
Mikhail A Community Member

Hello, I need to delete my old account in order to use the email address assigned to it. I don't have access to the account and am unable to restore access to it.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mikhail,

Having multiple accounts is not allowed and is a serious violation of the Terms of Service, so you won't be able to use the email associated with that account in a new one. However, we can help you recover access to your original account. Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of that account?

~ Luiggi
Mikhail A Community Member

Hello Luiggi,

Send you a private message. Waiting for response.

Sadiq Z Community Member

Hi everyone, 

I had signed up for an Upwork account around 3 years ago, and I had posted a few job listings there, 

i tried logging in with that email but Upwork doesn't seem to recognise it. Ive tried using gmail and googlemail in the text but still doesnt work. 

Please can someone help, 

Thanks 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Sadiq,

I'm sorry you're having trouble logging in to your account. Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? We'll be happy to look into it.

~ Luiggi
Abdul Moiz M Community Member

hi there,

I mistakenly closed my agency account, can someone guide me how to reopen it

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Abdul,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you with your request to reinstate your accidentally closed agency.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Claudia L Community Member

Hello!

I had an old account which I have since deleted. Now I have created a new account using a different email address. Is it possible to change the email address associated with my current account using the email address that was previously linked to my old account?

Thank you 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Claudia,

Having multiple accounts, even if you delete the previous one, is not allowed and is considered a serious violation of the Terms of Service. Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with more information about the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Ayo A Community Member

I accidentally closed my entire account while wanting to close the client account only, please help me 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ayo,

Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Ayo A Community Member

I have sent you a message regarding that 

Ash C Community Member

Hello Dear Moderator Sir/Maa'm

I accidently closed my account account but I need to log in to my account. It's been four days but anyone didn't reopened my account. help me. i have 3 ticketIDs generated my Chatbot. I event tried to make a PM but it says your profile is not longer available 

Hi Ash,

Could you please more information about the account you're trying to recover? Please send it to me via PM. Kindly click on my name and then on "Send a message."

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths