🐈
» Forums » Support » How to deal with a fraudulent charge? Now my ...
Page options
2e060a4d
Community Member

How to deal with a fraudulent charge? Now my account is suspended

I had previously purchased 10 hours in advance of website labor from a freelancer who was a certified Shopify Expert. I had used 5 of those hours. All this year I had not used any. Then recently they took 2 hours(scamming me on time also) to update 12 Affiliate Marketing links on my website. Nevermind that the task for anyone with experience should take no more than 20-30 minutes. You are swapping links. Not building an entire website. But the Freelancer then charged me 2 hours as I had not set their weekly allowed time to zero. The freelancer then refused to respond to all polite requests to remove the "mistaken" 2 hours. completely ignored me now for the last 12 days. Rather than respond to me and sort out the issue they decided to throw away their reputation and destroy my trust and cause me to terminate their contract and their access.

When contacting Upwork support they say the charges cannot be contested until they have actually charged my account. This seems ludicrous. The best time to address them is before they have processed to my bank. Meanwhile my credit card on file was expired. I am not going to update my credit card on file as I am protesting this policy. In fact I am planning to not use Upwork any further until they change the policy.

I have to wait until the money is taken from my account to start an unknown outcome challenge to the charges that I am 100% sure is wrong  and have in writing from the freelancer noting I had time remaining on my previous purchase of 10 hours.
Let me know when you change the policy and I will return to the platform. Meanwhile you have suspended my account. I hope retaining the foolish policy is worth the loss in business. I will certainly be telling other friends in business to not use your website for their hires.

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths