🐈
» Forums » Support » I didn’t get the money from client.
Page options
47ddea79
Community Member

I didn’t get the money from client.

IMG_1256.pngfor this project it more than 10 days i didn't get the money from client.

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

Did you acceped offer, contract started, completed?

JoanneP

Hi Nithinan,

It looks like you worked with this client without an active contract. Please know that you should only start working once you have an active contract. As Mykola asked in this thread, the client will send an offer. You will need to review the offer and if you agree to the contract terms, then you'll need to accept it so you'll have an active contract. Only then that you should start working on the project. 

We recommend checking out the following Upwork Academy courses:

Additionally, we encourage you to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to enhance your success on Upwork.
We hope these resources will be valuable to you as you embark on your Upwork journey.
~ Joanne
Upwork
23ba9c66
Community Member

Does this mean that the work we did and the money,both are all gone and we won't receive payment for it???

Yes. You're lucky that they didn't ask you to pay more money to get the "not-there" money.

Many ended up paying these scammers money in a desperate bid to get the original fee (which never existed in the first place).

Never deal with anyone who sends message or seeks work on Telegram or WhatsApp or Facebook, work outside platform, and then try to get help here regarding payment. 

No one can help you get money from scammers.

Unless you have a contract on Upwork hourly using tracker app or fixed with money funded in escrow, you're on your own.

What's more; you could get banned from this site for contacting and taking work outside the platform. 

opondoregina
Community Member

I guess you worked without an active contract. I also received an invitation to interview with a client and he wanted me to work for him.without any contract I told him I cannot work but he was insisting he's just testing to see if I could do the job.. although I reported him to upwork

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths