🐈
» Forums » Support » Id verification
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

627 REPLIES 627
927a824f
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I understand that there might be some delays in the verification process but I just do not understand why the selfie verification is taking too long for me to get feedback so I can do a workaround. The uploaded ID has all the information you'll need, my name, address and it all matches. I have been using that ID for all my transactions online for verification and have not encountered any problems. I would appreciate a more prompt feedback so that again I can do what is needed to have my account verified. I am working with a client right now and I do not want my work to get compromised in any way. I agreed about the terms of the fees and such but I hope you don't make the verification process hard on my end. Thank you, team!

Rose

Hi Rose,

I reached out directly to the team handling the review. One of the members has reached out via email with more information about your submission and instructions on how to complete the process. Feel free to coordinate with the team if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0d282211
Community Member

Hello! I'm also having trouble with ID Verification and re-applied again. How long will it take to be verified? I need mine to be approved before 7th of Feb, Please I need help. Thank you. 

Hi Kenn,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
0d282211
Community Member

Hello! I re-upload again my ID for verifications since the one Ine I sent was cropped out. Kindly please check it out and approve it as early as possible. I only have until 7th of Feb for verification. Thanks.

9dadc409
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a 4 days ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Thanks.

Hi Roma,

I followed up with the team and you should be seeing the ID Verification Badge on your profile now!

~Andrea
Upwork

Soon because nowadays we are receiving more projects for approval your
problem will be solved ASAP
1057ab12
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Hi Yusuf,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

Thank you, My ID and selfie are yet be verified
a9fe862f
Community Member

HI Nikolas,

I am writing to you regarding my identity verification process which seems to be taking longer than expected. I submitted all the necessary documents for verification 3days ago and I haven't received any updates since then.
I understand that identity verification is an important process to ensure security and trust on your platform, but the delay in the verification process is causing inconvenience for me as I am unable to apply for new jobs or receive payments from my existing clients.

I would appreciate it if you could update me on the status of my verification or let me know if there are any issues with the documents I have submitted. Is there anything else that I can do to expedite the process?
Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time and assistance.

Hi Lory,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
amawng
Community Member

Hey Nikola S,

I uploaded my selfie to verify my ID for more than 2 days. Can someone from the Upwork team please update me on the situation? Thank you.

Hi Amawng,

I checked, and it looks like the team reached out to you to provide more information on how you can complete the verification step. Please check this ticket and kindly follow the instruction provided. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Nikola S, The same problem is  with my profile. 
I have submitted the ID and its still saying : 
 "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day."

Upwork.png
Thank you in Advance.

Hi Lorent,

I can see that you submitted the required documentation yesterday. Please allow more time for the review to be completed. The team will contact you if there's anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ab69ae61
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

My id not verification after 5 days and when I upload ID card and wait for verification, so after some hours show form empty and must upload again, I want to start working and I am sad.

Hi Iman,

We understand how you want this issue with your ID resolved immediately so that you can start with projects. I can see that you've raised a ticket about your concern. Please allow our team time, and you will get an update on your ticket here once your account is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ab69ae61
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for your response,

my request status changed to SOLVED , but my identity status not changed and my account hold yet!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Iman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5d949cd0
Community Member

• Having the same issue as well

Hi Samuel,

The team has sent you an email with more information about the status of your account and instructions on how to resolve the issue. Feel free to visit your ticket here or your email for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5d949cd0
Community Member

I have submitted my id for verification and it's up to 24hrs already. Please I need it to be reviewed as soon as possible I have an urgent job I need clients for .

Thanks .

Screenshot_20231220-223759.png

Hi Samuel,

I have followed up with the team handling your account and one of our team members will review your submission as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Please can it be done as soon as possible really need it 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20231221-110152.png

5d949cd0
Community Member

im having the same issue and I need my profile to be verified as soon as possible need a job to be done 

Screenshot_20231220-223759.png

0e46af0a
Community Member

Nikola, Is there any fixed timetable for how long it takes to get verified?

Hi MD Mahfuzur,

In general, it takes 24-48 hours to get verified however, due to the high volume of requests, we cannot say for sure how long it will take. Rest assured that all submissions are reviewed in the order they are received.

~ AJ
Upwork
marcapenya
Community Member

Hey there!

I am experiencing the same problem where it says that the verification process should take up to 1-3 business days but it has been more than that and I want to verify my account as soon as possible. Thank you for responding

Hi Marc,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
72d6396e
Community Member

Hello,

I am also experiencing same issue. It says 11/20/2022 is last date but i am still waiting for review. Can you check it?

Thanks..

Hi Omer,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ca22578f
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the  "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually

Hi Shivam,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
farhanasrarahmad
Community Member

Hi, I have posted questions. I have also Reply on this thread to ask my questions but I get no response! I am seeing that community persons are replying to other people but why they are not replying on my question? Its strange!
Most importantly there is no live chat support, No ticket support system by upwork. I am really Disappoointed by Upwork customer support! All the way your customer is suffering. I have a questions from last 15 days and there is no way to get answer of that questions!

Hi Farhan,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I was able to get a hold of the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now Verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6053a64c
Community Member

Hi, I recently joined upwork this week and my profile is under review. However, it has been 72 hours and my profile is still under review. I hope that I can get assistance.

Thank you

Hi Claudio,

~ AJ
Upwork
cb040157
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

its been tw o weeks im getting this same notification but couldn't get verified, what should I do? Please help

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths