🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

627 REPLIES 627
7e5780d9
Community Member

Hi Arjay, thank you.

With the ID and needing it to have an address on, South African IDs and even Drivers do not have those details on them. So I am not sure how that will impact the validation. The dirvers licenses are the only ones that have signatures.

Not sure how this works or if you guys have had people from SA on here before

Hi Reece,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already submitted your documents. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

The 1-3 business days is my concern, as my account had the deadline of next week Monday and today is Thursday, so that leaves 2 days and the uncertainty that I now won't be paid. So hopefully you can understand this unnecessary stress this process is adding. 

if I may make two suggestions, please make use of onfindo, the turn around time for verification is a lot better. And secondly maybe make new registers aware of this need if they intend to do business on the platform. 

7e5780d9
Community Member

Maybe given the limbo state of this situation, should I continue to persue my proposals and an active job that I am doing on upwork? As my client has already paid into escrow and 90% of the work is complete...

7e5780d9
Community Member

Hi Arjay, it seems many other people seem to have success with this better and alsways have their tickets moved up while I sit here not having a response or acknowledgement that anything has progressed?

I submitted my Government ID the other day and still no response or update if I need to do anything.

Hello Reece,

My sincerest apologies for not getting back to you earlier. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7e5780d9
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, thank you for confirming everything. I see know in the support area the actual reason for the first attempt being delayed. The support ticket section doesn't send messages to an email.

Thank you.

9243b224
Community Member

I have been on the same things, already been weeks, always failed, i already give my scanned ID again, again and again,,no blur no cropped, but always failed verified,,im just want to getting paid,,We are not some kind of scammer or terorist, why always failed and taking very long time??Please Help

f3b5237d
Community Member

I submitted my ID for verification at least over a week ago and still haven't gotten approval. Im worried this willl block my account despite it not being my issue. What do I do? 

57c14060
Community Member

Hello,

I ve done the selfie check but, i just realised that i didn t held my passport for the camera,so my question is, can i take another selfie? .. or what is the procedure?

Hi Ionut,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
audriusz
Community Member

Hello,

I have a similar issue to a few people that have posted here and received the support.
Last Thrusday I have received a message "Verify your identity by 05/11/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork". I have uploaded my ID and selfie imediately but it still says that it is being reviewed. With the 05/11/2023 deadline being very close I am really worried I will be suspended if my identification isn't reviewed on time. Please help.

Kind regards,

Audrius

Dear UpWork!
My account ID still didn't get verified!

I have a similar problem regarding the verification process of the ID
taking too long!
I kindly request to solve this issue for me as it is necessary for work on
upwork!

Hi Yousef,

I've reached out to the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up with the status of your ID verification. It looks like there's only one part of the process that needs to be reviewed and the team has reached out with more details about that via email. Feel free to coordinate with the team if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
18634aaa
Community Member

- Hello
The website states that the verification of documents will take 1-3 days, but more than 4 days have already passed, but the verification is still in the verification status, what to do?

Hi Yurii,

I checked with the team and you should see an update about your verification on this page.

~Andrea
Upwork
1057ab12
Community Member

Id verification is taking too long and my contract has been pause because of that 

please kindly verify me I have submitted all the necessary documents 

7b41cbc5
Community Member

- Hello
The website states that the verification of documents will take 1-3 days, but more than 5 days have already passed, but the verification is still in the verification status, what to do?

Hi Sayed,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
104893b2
Community Member

I need help verifying my ID as well. 

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9ac6afa6
Community Member

It's been three days and my id is not been verified yet. If i have to give additional information or if there's issue kindly let me know. I'm working for client right now and don't want any problems in my account which effects the client. 

Thank you.

01c019ec
Community Member

Hi   Nikola S   Pradeep H Luiggi R
This is Katika Marati Murali

i have already uploaded the documents for ID verification on 5th May, 2023. It's still under the review. I am getting not able to verify previosuly still i'm getting pop-ups for action required to verify the identiy by 05/05/23. more than 15 days left it's not getting to verify  my identity verification tommrow is my withdrawal date if not verify means i wont' get my money so kindly verify my identity verification ,Please let me know how long it will take.
please kindly verify my identity quikly please.
please check below screeshot.
Note: i'm even getting this message also this page is showing check both screenshots and kindly solve my issue.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests
Re: We could not approve your ID for the Upwork Identity Badge

01c019ec_0-1684238323914.png

01c019ec_1-1684238324036.png

2ad59c50
Community Member

Hi , I keep getting : Verify your identity by 05/23/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork . while i already send it and it took so much time then I got another message that I need to uploade it again , but I have an contract and its strarting on 22/05 and still no response from Upwork !

Hi Aram,

I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way, but considering that the team already reached out to you with further steps to take, I'd suggest that you follow the team's guidelines for uploading the required information. If you have already uploaded the documents, kindly allow more time for the team to review them and they will let you know if anything else is needed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2ad59c50
Community Member

Thank you for replying , but nothing were clear and no comments were added or steps for me to take the first time , I opened the notification and it showed that I need to upload it again nothing more  , I uploaded it again and I really hope that it can be reviewed befor the deadline.

Write Upwork's customer support at: support@upwork.com Hopefully they could guide you in reference to your ID verification.

Look over your submission again: Be sure you have correctly submitted your ID and that all the required information is included. If something is missing or unclear, it often delays the verification process.

Upwork might require additional documents or information for verification purposes. Review your Upwork account and emails for any further instructions or requests from Upwork to ensure you haven't missed any additional steps.

-Resubmit your ID if necessary.

Wait patiently for Upworks response, check your email box frequently for notifications from Upwork. 24-48 hours is usually the timeframe. You could contact them about the status, perhaps they could expedite the process.

Keep applying for projects. Keep updating your profile -fully filled out and up to date. Increases opportunities to be selected for a project. Do not sit idle.

The ID verification process is intended to protect both freelancers and clients on the platform. It may take some time, but once completed, it will help establish trust and credibility in your freelance profile. 

3f57c125
Community Member

Hello,
I submitted my identity document 4 days ago. But not gotten any response yet, while it say verification take 1-3 days. Please let me know what can I do.
Thank You!

Hi Musabbir,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.
To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
8fb0b936
Community Member

Hello, please I have the same problem. I submitted my gov't issued ID card 4 days ago but it's still displaying the same message.

Hi Abdulsamad,

Apologies for not getting back to you earlier. I've followed up with the relevant team on our end and can confirm that your verification has been cleared. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Write Upwork's customer support at: support@upwork.com Hopefully they could guide you in reference to your ID verification.

Look over your submission again: Be sure you have correctly submitted your ID and that all the required information is included. If something is missing or unclear, it often delays the verification process.

Upwork might require additional documents or information for verification purposes. Review your Upwork account and emails for any further instructions or requests from Upwork to ensure you haven't missed any additional steps.

-Resubmit your ID if necessary.

Wait patiently for Upworks response, check your email box frequently for notifications from Upwork. 24-48 hours is usually the timeframe. You could contact them about the status, perhaps they could expedite the process.

Keep applying for projects. Keep updating your profile -fully filled out and up to date. Increases opportunities to be selected for a project. Do not sit idle.

The ID verification process is intended to protect both freelancers and clients on the platform. It may take some time, but once completed, it will help establish trust and credibility in your freelance profile. (well worth the wait!)

Apparently Upwork has had way too many people irritated about how long the ID verification is taking. Sitting around missing out on jobs and losing money isn't a good feeling. 

I emailed the support address provided, however it's no longer in use. Attacheing a sccreenshot; to sum it up, it appears they no longer directly offer support, but instead rely on the "community" (less payroll for HR to deal with if your community helps your customers for free). Classic. 

8fb0b936
Community Member

Thank you!

f6d53d8c
Community Member

This ID verification thing is quite archaic. Why wouldn't Upwork us ID.me, which is what the government (and many other large firms) use. You need to only verify your identity once with ID.me. From there, ID.me instantly verifies your identity with any firms that use them.  Instantly verified instead of missing out on jobs and losing work waiting for whoever Upwork uses to verify identities. 

a61245ba
Community Member

Hello,

I submitted my ID and Visual verification 2-3 days ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this take?

Would appreciate your urgent support.

Hi Kartar,

We sincerely apologize for the delay with your ID verification. Kindly extend your patience while our team is working on reviewing all users' submitted IDs. You may check for updates or try to reverify your ID after 24 hours by going to Settings> Identity Verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f7f25a24
Community Member

Hello,
I also fetched the "Identity verification" issue. It is almost 1 week gone, and I have submitted my documents. But it still shows "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day." message.

Thanks.

Hi Amit,

We sincerely apologize for the delay with your ID verification. Kindly extend your patience while our team is working on reviewing all users' submitted IDs. You may check for updates or try to reverify your ID after 24 hours by going to Settings> Identity Verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
prabal88
Community Member

My Identity Verification is pending from long time for Visual Verification.

I am not able to use Upwork services.

Please Verify it or let me know otherwise.

prabal88_0-1702202588086.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths