🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509

Hi Wendlee,

I've shared this with the team so that they can check and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
793cf420
Community Member

Is it possible to get an upwork approved and verified profile immediately upon creating an upwork account? I did get certain information from someone I know that his account was verified immediately it was created. If yes, how does that happen?

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If the user becomes eligible/required, we will notify them when they log into their Upwork account.

You can also check this page to find more information about different types of verification. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
2c11ca81
Community Member

Hi team,

I was asked to verify my identity by uploading a copy of my ID which I did. It was rejected saying they can't verify the ID I submitted (drivers license). I sent a new ID but until now no one has gotten in touch with me if it passed or provide me with options.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Joel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your verification is already approved. You should be able to see the “Identity Verified” badge on your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
abe7b210
Community Member

I would need to change my profile picture.
Please send to me a link to change my profile photo.
I gave my assistant the task to create an upwork account for me.
Unknowingly to me he uploaded a wrong image in my profile.
He did it by mistake
That is not an image of me.
I tried to change my profile photo from my profile but it is not working.
I receive an error message
"verify your identity to continue winning jobs on upwork"
Please send me a direct link to change the image on my profile.

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

Please note that sharing your account information is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
erehoba
Community Member

Hi,

I have been asked to verify my account. I have provided all the details on the sent verification link including National ID card details and Proof of residency.

The verification got rejected once because the Bank Statment didnt show the residence but I have submitted another one (A second hand contract approval from the housing company).

Can someone please look into this?

Thanks,

Obaid

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Obaid,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3a8e811f
Community Member

Hi, i'm writing my issue over here because I am not recieving any responce from support agent by live chat, emails and tickets also (after contacting support through live chat system isn't even making tickets for me)

Issue: My account is on hold due to identity check, but when I try to upload my identity documents it says "unable to verify" I have tried multiple times to verify my identity by uploading scanned copies of my National Identity Card and Passport but the system does not approve my provided documents.

Reason: I made a Upwork profile 1 year ago and attached my identity documents and bank details but didn't worked on it then deleted that profile.
Note: The profile I deleted before making this account had no activity so it doesn't have any conflict history.

Please go ahead and remove any data affiliated with my previous account so that I can verify this account and provide my services to clients on Upwork

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Numan,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ca751a4d
Community Member

Hello Upwork

I need help. I need to verify my ID and know how to do it, but when I go to select my Country Issuing ID, it doesn't appear on the list. 

I am Puerto Rican. 

I've been trying to contact somebody for the last four days, but it seems that nobody is available. 😕 What should I do?

Best regards...

Hi Jireh Esther,

I can see that one of our agents has already reached out to you. You can access the ticket by logging in to your Upwork account and going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
omarmohamed001
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my account in vain. I've tried to upload my ID but they keep on rejecting it. It says that my identity cannot be verified.

Hi Omar,

I've shared your concern with the team so that they can look into this further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
d_stojic
Community Member

Hi to all,
I tried to research the community and also tried to contact support without success. 

I don't have option on my profile settings "Identity Verification" to activate my account.
This is my first time to have an engagement over Upwork so I don't know how to resolve this, due to people who wants to hire me asking to activate my account.

Could you please help me with this?

Thank you in advance!
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Djordje,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
c8bd4339
Community Member

i am trying to verify my ID but every time i go to the verification link, it shows another name , not my name, and i can not verify my id

i tried to contact support by chat or email, but it seems it is not available, just chat bot i get

please check it for me and fix

Hi Hwaida,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
851d3c12
Community Member

Hi,

Hope you are doing well! 

It has been 4 months here. I am trying all I could. But no one is noticing my profile and proposals yet. I made a search for other talents who are successful in my categories, and one thing is common all of them got a ID verification badge on their profile.

And I just learnt that without ID verification badge, it is futile to apply for jobs and keep bidding on projects. Can anyone please help me, how can I get my ID verified quickly?

Best Regards,

Mohammad Izaz Arefin Mridha

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~010b79dbfa8addaff0

And I just learnt that without ID verification badge, it is futile to apply for jobs and keep bidding on projects.

That is incorrect. If upwork doesn't ask you to provide ID, you don't need to do it. 

Successful and lasting client-talent relationships in our community start with a strong foundation of trust. To help ensure a professional, secure marketplace that everyone can trust, we’re moving toward requiring all active talent to verify their identity.

This just means that my profile is not active yet, there is some kind of hold on it. Why Upwork does not verify it yet? 

Thanks for the reply though!

petra_r
Community Member

Mohammad Izaz Aref M wrote: Why Upwork does not verify it yet? 

Because ID verification costs money. The vast majority of new freelancers never win a contract and never earn any money, so they won't ever generate revenue for Upwork. That's why freelancers won't be verified until after they have started earning money.

This just means that my profile is not active yet, there is some kind of hold on it. 

No, "active" in the context means "earning money and generating revenue".

There is no "hold" on it at all. You just haven't earned anything, so there is no need to verify.

851d3c12
Community Member

I am sorry, but I have seen profiles which have not earned anything/no work history. But their profiles got ID verification badge. I think this badge just helps build a trust between talent and client. Therefore, it is required in the first place, regardless of whether earning anything or not!

Thanks for your reply though!

we’re moving toward requiring all active talent to verify their identity.

That means they are PLANNING to do it. But it makes no sense to spend money on millions of people who will never earn any money, so they verify after the first contract at this time. Your profile is visible and you can apply for jobs. 

Hi Mohammad Izaz Aref,

We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll send you an email and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c8bd4339
Community Member

how can i follow that ticket?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hwaida,

You'll be able to see your support ticket here once the team replies.

~Andrea
Upwork
kuldeep627
Community Member

I am trying to do verification of my account but am unable to do that. How can I get a blue tick badge on my profile? I have tried to click on identity verification there it's showing a page not found.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kuldeep,

We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll send you an email and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d5dbb82b
Community Member

I was asked to verify my identity which I have been doing for the past five days and today I received an email informing me of my name discrepancy and initials and I was asked to change my name to tally with the one on my national identity card. 

My name was Uwadiegwu Victory N but I've changed it back to Victory Uwadiegwu because I made a mistake while filling my profile details and mixed up my first and last names. The name on my ID card is Uwadiegwu being my last name, Victory being my first name and Christabel being my middle name but there is no column for middle names. 

Please, My account might end up being suspended tomorrow and I am having an interview on Tuesday, please, I am just starting my freelancing journey. I have resubmitted my national identity card for verification, please,what do I do because I am scared of my account being suspended tomorrow.

Hi Victory,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. I can see that you're in communication with the team via a support ticket here. Please allow more time for the team to finalize their review, they'll let you know if any additional steps are required. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d5dbb82b
Community Member

Hello Valeria, how long will my verification take. I've worked on my name and resubmitted my ID for verification? 

Hi Victory,

I encourage you to refer to the information team shared with you in the support case #34327233. They will continue assisting you via that support case directly. You should be able to access it anytime on this page.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have done what Adrian asked me to to. There was no column for middle name
while editing my profile name. So, I only used my first and last name. My
profile name on upwork is now Uwadiegwu Victory and my first and last name
on my national ID is still the Uwadiegwu Victory. I didn't include my
middle name.
My account might end up being disabled tomorrow, pls help me. I have
prospective jobs pls

Hi Victory,

Thank you for your message. I confirm that we have already received your response to the support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
iliavisuals
Community Member

Hi,

My Upwork account needs identity verification and 3.20.2022(tomorrow) is the last day, I've already sent all the necessary information, but what if Upwork team won't check and confirm it on time?

Hi Ilia,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile is verified now.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
flor_hinampos
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I have an issue with regards to my Identity Verification Page. I haven't received any emails yet containing about verifying my account. I wish to verify my account for future work-from-home purposes. May I please have a link to verify my account together with a representative to speak with so that I can submit my Valid Government IDs?

@Upwork Team Moderator Nikola,

It's been more than 7 days now and I haven't still received any emails with regards to verify my Identity

My First response with regards to my account from NikolaMy First response with regards to my account from Nikola

This is how my Account looks like when I try to find my Identity Verification Page:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

If I try to look for the page by writing on the browser address barIf I try to look for the page by writing on the browser address bar

You can't request verification. Just wait until upwork asks you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths