🐈
» Forums » Support » Verification
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385
d81caf2f
Community Member

Hi 

I am trying to do account verification but can't see the identity verification options in setting

upwork issuye.PNG

Hi Deepam,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6a6f23c2
Community Member

Hey I am not receiving verification email. I am trying to do resend but it's still not there

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mariam,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. 

You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
macwill
Community Member

Hi, Dear

My account suspended by xyz reason and I requrested to reactivation it they provide me identity varification link but I am unable to select country  drop down not working anybody can help me ? I also raised ticket about this but they not responding

Hi Gurjinder,

I can see that you're already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding the same concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
7e809ee9
Community Member

Hi Team Service
I want to know the status of my "Identity Verification" process. I uploaded the ID and follow the steps completely . When can I expect it to be verified?

Hi Pham,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and your account will be updated shortly.

- Pradeep

Upwork

How long specific maximum time limit for ID confirmation on Upwork in the regulations ? If i have completed all of the prescribed steps and have provided all of the required information. I am realy expect my ID will be verified?

Hi Pham,

I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I still haven't seen a ID verified 

katrinmcat
Community Member

Help me, I need a badge and I remember that I made verification couple of month ago. But now can't find this tab anywhere.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Katrin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that it doesn't need further verification just yet. Our team will email you when it's time for you to do so. Please check this help article to learn more about how identity verification works.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b8d12875
Community Member

Hi!

I uploaded my ID as soon as Upwork prompted me but it keeps showing that Upwork may take 1 business day to verify it. It has been over a day now and my account is on hold. I've tried to get support from Upwork's chatbot by asking for communication with an agent. It keeps saying that an agent will email me but I haven't received any email. 

What am I supposed to do?

Regards

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Wereda,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like our team has already reached out to you with information about why your ID could not be approved. Please check your support tickets here and don't hesitate to respond to it if you have further questions.

~ AJ
Upwork
akrender
Community Member

hi i cahnged my name nickname to the real one for id or kyc bu when i uplode files stage it show my old name i amde tickt but they not responding 

Hello Ahmed 

please allow some times to be updated. If it is not updated, submit a ticket to the support.

thank you 

Hi Ahmed,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork
sabhareeshcheers
Community Member

Hey,

Can you help with this I am not able to identity verification option in my profile.

PFA screenshot

Thanks

Sabhareesh

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sabhareesh,

The identity verification option is not displayed because you are not eligible for it.

This usually appear after you have completed your first job.

Thanks, Kashif

Hey Kashif,

Thanks for your response, is there any other way I can get the identity verification option since my first client is asking to verify my profile.

Thanks

Sabhareesh

Your client is asking for verification. You can send a complaint message to Upwork. Here is the complain link. Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help.

0cd8594b
Community Member

Good afternoon friends, I would like to ask a question, can I verify my account using a passport of Russian citizenship?

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for reaching out. The documents we accept include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths