🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity Verification
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385
2c5f2dad
Community Member

Sobresalir en cualquier tema antes y ser verificado proporciona Confianza en la verificación de Identidad en la plataforma  Upwork.

HI, please verify my identity before 18 Oct, I submitted my identity card and also did visual verification, and my profile pic is also clear, now please Upwork approve my identity it has been a day since you have not responded I also requested for ticket and my ticket is open. please review my profile and respond and if you need any verification I am also available . thanks, But please verify my identity before 18 Oct Upwork gave me a deadline of 18 Oct.

Hi Nimra,

Thank you for uploading the documents for verification. Our team will review your submission and update your account within one business day.

- Pradeep

Upwork

now my ID card is verified but visual verification is still not what about that?

Hi Nimra,

I would like to let you know that your verification is now completed and you should be able to see ID Verification Badge on your account. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
583682ee
Community Member

Hello! There is a prompt on my account to verify my identity which has restricted me from so sending proposals and carrying out other activities on the platform. The twist is that I have already completed my identity verification and was given a verification batch. I don't understand what's actually going on. See attached files for clarification.

Screenshot_20231017-164424.png

Screenshot_20231017-075202.png

• Screenshot_20231017-074915.png

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Nwokocha,

I looked closer at your account and confirmed that your ID has been verified. I can also see that you've been coordinating with the team about the status of your account via email, and a support ticket has been set up. 

Rest assured that your account has no restrictions and you can now use it as usual. Also, I can no longer see the ID verification prompt on your account upon logging in. You may consider clearing your cache and cookies, then logging back into your account and see if it still appears.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

Would you mind checking on the verification issues on my account please? I have sent more than enough proof of residency and identification, yet they keep finding something is wrong. This is so frustrating because I need to get my kid's tuition sorted out and I can't withdraw my funds. I'm so close to just refunding it and requesting my client to just send it another way. I've never had any issues before. Please help.. thank you

2c8c734c
Community Member

Hi Team, 

I did not get my Identity Verification tab in my settings yet i created my new 2 weeks back

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Moeez,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
eedb3bd2
Community Member

Hello! I hope you're having a great day. I attempted to change my Upwork account name to "Sadi," but my previous name was verified using my government-issued identity card. As the new name doesn't currently meet Upwork's name policy criteria, how can I revert the change and set my previous name as my profile name to comply with Upwork's name policy?

Sadam

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Sadam,

Thank you for reaching out to us and raising this query. We build this trust with clients and keep our marketplace safe and secure by indicating that we’ve confirmed your identity and sharing your verified name with them (when you work with them). Also, please remember that your verified name (the one on your government-issued ID) will only appear in the Contract Room and on invoices.

However, you still have options for the name you use for public and promotional purposes. 

Your profile name can be a nickname or a variation of your legal name as long as it follows our name change guidelines.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ega310
Community Member

I have this message for more than 5 days:

"Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support."

I asked the bot to contact customer support it said:
"Thank you for reaching out to us. At this time, your account doesn't meet the eligibility requirements for Agent-based Support"

What am I supposed to do? When I going to get verified?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Alejandro,

I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling the review. Kindly expect an email update from one of the members with more details about the status of your ID and further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ega310
Community Member

Thank you! By the way I took another photo of my ID this time with much better resolution and is not blurry, though I don't know where I could send it

ega310
Community Member

NVM, i dont have the warning anymore, Thanks for the help!

8fc79c61
Community Member

I have been waiting since last week for someone to contact me back regarding id verification on a compromised account. Can you please have someone please contact me asap regarding this matter...

71c1606d
Community Member

I am new to Upwork and verified my ID a few days back. I have a client waiting for me to discuss on a project. I have uploaded the necessary documents too. But its still pending. Also I am unable to to submit a request to verify my ID a  little faster as its my first client. Would you please help me out in this? Thanks a lot.

Have a great day ahead. 

Rayyan.

Hi Mohammed,

I see that you've already responded to the support ticket initiated on your account for the same concern. One of our team members review your account and update you as soon as possible. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
19c0e5fb
Community Member

Hi Joan,

My account does not have the verification ID part.

Please help. 

Thank you.

Hi Mercy,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ AJ
Upwork
6bc2894a
Community Member

Hello,

My identification has been reviewed and accepted, but I don't have a blue ticket.

Do I have to wait?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Klau,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. The verification that's been performed on your account is for the payment method you recently added that had a name mismatch issue. I can also confirm that it's been resolved.

If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ad343d6f
Community Member

Hi Joanne ,

I want to verify my account, but I am not able to see Identity Verification option in my accoun. I there is no need to verify my account then how can I get a blue tick in my profile ? Need this issue fixed.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Wasik Kabir,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. 

You may want to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4f53eb78
Community Member

Hello,

I am stuck in the identity verificaiton process because my country is not listed in the countries list but it was listed when I verified my tax information. I am from Sudan, so I am unable to upload my possport document. However, I am currently residing in Cyprus as a student. But I wasn't able to upload my official student visa. I also tried uploading my details in Saudi, cause I have a visa there, but it wouldn't verify it for me.

May I recieve additional support on this?

Hi Enas,

I checked your account and can see that you have successfully submitted your documents. Please allow our team some time to review your information. In case we need additional information or the documents you submitted are insufficient, our team will reach out to you via a support ticket with instructions on how to complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ,

Thank you for your response. My concern is that I have a pop up notification that says I have until the 11th to complete my verification. May I be assisted with this before then?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Enas,

I took a closer look at your profile, and it looks like you need to complete the ID verification process. You can start by clicking the Get Started button here upon logging in or you can go to Settings> Id Verification.

You may check this help article for more details or guidelines for completing the verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4f53eb78
Community Member

Hello,

Yes, I have been trying to but I am stuck in the identity verificaiton process because my country is not listed in the countries list but it was listed when I verified my tax information. I am from Sudan, so I am unable to upload my passport document. However, I am currently residing in Cyprus as a student. But I wasn't able to upload my official student visa. I also tried uploading my details in Saudi, cause I have a visa there, but it wouldn't verify it for me.

May I recieve additional support on this?

Hi Enas,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Just wondering about the same note on verifications.  I received my badge sometime back but it also says "Military Veteran" just below it. That's an error which I can't rectify from my end. It doesn't have the 'edit' Icon for that part you know.

Karimi

Hi Karimi,

That's not an error but by design. You will always see the option to edit the Military Veteran status if you choose to do so; it's not going to be visible to clients visiting your profile if you haven't added it. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
636ea81f
Community Member

Please, why am I still experiencing issues with my account even after uploading the only means of verification issued to me by the government?

ee3ff04a
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I am facing a problem in identifying my identity. I tried attaching several documents and send them via email - which are not accepted by the platform- and I hoped they facilitate the process of verifying my identity. However, my email was rejected and I fear that my account get suspended because of this.

I am also ready to join a video call for further verification. 

Can anyone help me to solve this?

Hi Mohannad,

I understand your concern. You will need to upload the documents on the link shared in the notification. You can also upload the documents by clicking the 'Get started' button on the Settings > Identity verification page. Check out this help page to check the list of acceptable documents to verify your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
114d59b8
Community Member

my name is nadir Rodeni

795d8de3
Community Member

Hello, I am freelancer and trying to be a client. My account is still under review. It's been 48 hours. What's going on? Can you assist?

Hi Shakiara,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
990aa23f
Community Member

Good day.

For 5 days now,I have been trying to get verified, and it is just 3 days until my account is suspended.

I have sent my government issued digital ID, and a selfie that was supposed to be verified within 1 business day, yet, nothing to show for it.

i understand the challenges you're faced with on the issue of verfication, but it will be highly unpleasant and unfair for my account to be suspended as a result of your inadequacies. I have a running contract too, so I am really pressed about this.

Please, kindly act on this before the 11th, thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths