🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity Verification
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385
397cc575
Community Member

Hello,

Hi Olumolade,

I see that your name change request is already approved and your full first name is already visible on your Upwork profile. Also, your payment method is already accepted and will be active from Jan 29th 2024. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
d16e6693
Community Member

Hey Joanne ,
If  i under 18 so how can i verify my identity

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Manzoor,

Please be aware that you need to be 18 years of age and above to utilize the platform. You cannot initiate or undergo the ID Verification if you're underage. Could you please confirm your age so that we can assist you accordingly?

We're looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2297f964
Community Member

I am also having the same problem But i have changed my name from my profile to my mother's id card name but now the name in submit official government ID form is the same as my old name it's been 1 week but it's not changing to my profiles name now i can't verify my account 

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I noticed that your profile photo isn't a portrait of yourself. Note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check thishelp article for more information about profile pictures and tips on choosing an excellent profile photo.

Regarding your profile name, the same as I explained above applies, your profile name should be your legal name or a name that you go by in real life. I've escalated your case via a support ticket so that one of our agents can assist you directly. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2297f964
Community Member

Thanks for your reply 

I have changed my photo to my mothers photo which is also same in my mothers id card but still the same problem the name in this form is not changing even after 1 week and the main problem is i just submitted proposals to clients and i can't see thier replies 

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Faiza,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. Please be aware that your ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which don't need your address. You may want to check this help article for acceptable documents when verifying your ID.

Additionally, I want to reiterate Luiggi's response about how a profile photo works. Your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.)

Please continue to coordinate with the team through the support ticket Luiggi created for you if you need further assistance. They'll gladly help you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
65d967da
Community Member

Hello

I have been looking for a solution to this "Identification Setting" issue since last year and all of you, moderators, are just telling us one thing; "Just wait." I have completed my profile by providing a specialized profile, employment history, and certifications, and I have also finished the Upwork Academy. Despite submitting numerous proposals, I have not received any responses from clients, which I suspect is due to not having a verification badge on my profile. Additionally, my Connects are running low, which is causing me some concern. I was wondering if you could provide me with specific steps that I can take to obtain the verification setting on my profile. I am finding the current situation a bit unfair and challenging to navigate, so I would appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

de223207
Community Member

Hi Joana,

Can you help me identify my verification badge pls?
So, I've waiting for 1 year and I didn't get my identity verification yet on my settings page. What should I do to fill out my Identify verification? I need to fix this problem ASAP for my new project, thanks!

Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 17.50.53.png

But why do other people only need a few months to get Identify Verification?? What's the problem??

Hi Achmad,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but it is slowly rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
14a11883
Community Member

Hi Luiggi. My friend created an account and made a special mail for him to pass verifications, the mail was accidentally blocked and the login was not saved on Upwork, after restoring the mail he can not recover the password for a week, the password does not come, the secret question on the profile is saved, first and last name and mail fully correspond to his passport data, please help to get a request to change the password on upwork to the mailbox, thank you very much ! Kostiantyin.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
Mail
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kostiantyin,

I'm sorry to learn about your friend's situation. Has he tried the available self-service option to reset the password? If not, you can recommend that he try that. If that doesn't work, please advise your friend to contact support directly for assistance since we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. They should be able to contact our support team via the chatbot without logging in.

Here's how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
14a11883
Community Member

Im sorry Luiggi, we spent 4 days and no one replied. Your bot is filling the form but doesn't send anything to email, as well as your form can't be submitted because the submit button doesn't work, there is no additional help from customer support, i simply can't reach anyone with my problem... Please help my friend to restore his passwork and login finally... Regards, Kostiantyin.

5d283670
Community Member

Hi Joanne P,
I still haven't received any update on my Identity verification. I can't apply because of this. Do you want me to resend it again?

Thanks

Hi Emilcris,

I checked your account and saw that our verification team contacted you via a support ticket regarding your ID. You can check the ticket here once logged into your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
866b7a16
Community Member

Please, I have a very big problem with verifying my ID. Once I uploaded my ID documents it keep saying "We're unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later" and I am very tired of the thing now, Please I will be very glad If you can help me out.

8adc94b6
Community Member

I am new, the platform asks me for identity verification, I have sent an image of my identity document several times and I have entered all the data correctly, it appears that they cannot do the verification. Is there a way to do the manual process to finish the process?

Hi Wilfer,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. Your latest submission is currently under manual review by the team. Once the team finishes their review, they'll contact you via a support ticket to further assist you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
562d6485
Community Member

I don't have a passport,but I have a government ID which am failing to upload because the filter is only asking for passport only but I have national identity card(NRC)

fc8db204
Community Member

Dear JoanneP,

Could you please assist me regarding ID Verification?

I cannot see ID Verification option under my profile settings.

Hi Muhammad,

That's because you aren't currently required to complete any verification at the moment. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
75c64519
Community Member

Hello, Upwork Team!
I secured my first gig at Upwork, and upon it, I was requested to verify my identity. I have gone through the process thoroughly, but when it comes to the option to upload my identity card, I have only one option, which is a passport, which I do not have at the moment, but I do have a national (citizen) ID card. Im from Tanzania

Please help me. How do I go around that before 7 days?

Hi Erick,

Thank you for your message. You can choose Passport in the option and proceed with uploading your national ID. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
42940d9e
Community Member

Hi JoanneP, 

I see an option of Visa, I have selected visa option where I have UK Visa and I have UK Bank Statement but I am struggling since yesterday with your verification system, Amazing thing is It was approved once but again some **Edited for Community Guidelines**added that my last name should be my full name not D so I have updated that as well but the system is not picking, I have send the tickets responses to both the agents with all the required documents but still struggling with your system not able to identify my Visa. 

Please resolve this possible. 

Hi Imran,

I'm sorry to learn you're having trouble with the verification process. I see that you followed up with the team today regarding this. Please allow them 24-48 hours to respond; you can rest assured they'll assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9a88f19b
Community Member

Nice

MATTEO MIRABILIO
d924b94e
Community Member

I have an active support request #45858316 but I have been unable to get a response after reaching out severally. I am still having issues with uploading my ID card, I have tried different ISPs and devices to capture the ID but still gets the same error message. Please let me know if there is a way i can manually upload the ID card. kindly find attached error message.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Hi Ismaila,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
47800c44
Community Member

Hi JoanneP, However  i didnt find  Identity Verification button in my Settings. could you help me please.

Hi Alfarid,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
47800c44
Community Member

Thanks for replying accordingly, I appreciate it. However, my account
didn't have a verified badge next to my account's name so the client will
trust and approve my proposal. I really need it, all proposals has not been
looked at by client due to first sight wether its account verified or not.
41cc81de
Community Member

Hi

I am web developer, I created profile in Upwork but still i am unable to verify my profile , kindly verify my profile so that i may start working in timely manner

Thanks

Tariq Ali

Hello Tariq,

The team contacted you via a support ticket with more information about your verification process. Kindly refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to follow up through the same if you have additional questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Dear Upwork Customer Support,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I encountered with my Upwork account.

Recently, I attempted to verify my identity by providing the necessary legal documents as my profile was 100% complete. However, despite my efforts, I could not locate the option for identity verification within my Upwork profile settings.

After conducting thorough research, I found that most users have access to the identity verification option in their settings. However, it seems to be missing from my account.

I kindly request your prompt assistance in resolving this matter and enabling the identity verification option on my Upwork profile. Your swift action in addressing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your prompt response.

6fed046a
Community Member

I haven't seen identity verifation option on my profile setting can you help me to resolve this problem

Hi. JoanneP.
I've had my Upwork profile for a long time and I'm looking to get the verification badge. Could you help me access the Identity Verification section in my settings?

1e9b7854
Community Member

Hi,

whenever you get your first contract or job you will be notified that you need to verify your identification, and then you also get the blue tick on your profile once you verify your identity.

0c425614
Community Member

sir i want id verifiation but i not got id verification option in setting please sapport me i facing these problems from 15 days

As I told when you submit a proposal to the client it gives you a job contract and when you accept it, then you'll notify and a message from Upwork to verify your identity.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths