🐈
» Forums » Support » ID EXPIRED for Identity verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
766a55c5
Community Member

I have the same issue. I received a notification that I was verified, but it looks like Im still in the process because I can't submit any proposals. 

Why should I be paying if I can't get jobs yet?

3d69abf1
Community Member

I have the same issue. Completed verification several times. Looks like it succedes, but when i go to apply it asks me to verify again. Everything is greyed out in the proposal page. No indication of if/why the verification failed. Please help!

kavindaxa
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I just got the Identity Verification and all I have is my NIC and the Driving License. I cannot upload the NIC because it's not shown on the list and my License is expired! It's going to take several weeks (maybe a month) to get the new license. I have no other option as well and this prompted just after I accepted my first job. How can I get verifyied with my available option (NIC)?

Hi Kavinda,

Thank you for your message. Please select any available option on the link and upload the NIC to proceed with your verification.

- Pradeep 

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for the assist. I have uploaded the NIC and on the first time it got submitted. But after a day, it changed the status to cannot verify the ID provided and asked me to upload again. When I upload the same image again, it says "unsupported type of ID". I've tried uploading both front and back but the images not submitting.

Kavinda, I am sorry to hear about your verification status. I see that our team has already reached out to you via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
7b5a0f04
Community Member

I am new to upwork but I can't write or send proposals because the text area, hourly rate and submit button is grayed out and I am using the app

Hi Olalekan,

It appears that you're currently required to verify your identity. Please go to your Identity Verification settings page and click "Get Started." Once you complete the process, you should be able to submit proposals again.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7b5a0f04
Community Member

It responded that the ID is an unsupported type. That's the only ID I have with me

I tried another ID and it is still not going through

Well now, I have taken my selfie in the second stage but the site keeps responding that there is a technical problem so try again but it is not working still

Thank you for letting us know, Olalekan. I'm sorry you're still having trouble uploading your ID. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
24f5908f
Community Member

HI Luiggi, can you help me please with Identity verification. i an trying couple of times but still dont have it. thanks

( EDIT ewerything work, i tryed one more time verification. takes maybe 2 days. Thank you team.)

thegamer27md
Community Member

I've been having problems with my identity verification for a long time now, I tried using my personal ID, a visa and went out of my way to get a passport and still. Last time I submitted my data it went into state of your verification is in process ( identity and selfie verficiation ) and untill now. It's been verification in progress with no feedback. For like 2 months now.

I want to know what can I do to fix this. Software keeps telling me action required to verify but I have no means to upload new documents.

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for reaching out. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c28f032a
Community Member

Hi, I'm brazilian and I keep having trouble trying to prove my identity. 

I sent the front of my ID as requested by the identity verification form and I got denied, but in the message it said I had to send the back of my ID so then UpWork would verify my identity. But when I try to send the back of my ID this error appears, I followed every requisited rule - No edditing, supported format, no flash etc - Even tho I followed everything correctly, I still get this error, my ID is identical to every single ID in Brazil, back and front, what can I do?

Hi Ives,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c28f032a
Community Member

Ok, thank you

I already created a post here about this and the awnser said the support team would contact me shortly, which did not happened. The same thing happened, I uploaded the front of my ID, I got a message telling me to upload the back, but when i try to upload the back i get an error, I don't know what to do and I only have till tomorrow to prove my identity. The attachment shows what happen.

Hi Ives, 

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7e8364bc
Community Member

My Account Identity verification is still under-review. I have also upload again my document .

kindly approve my Identity verification as soon as possible.

thanks 

Hi Owutubo,

I checked your account, and it looks like you are yet to complete the verification process. Please complete it by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
4b0bd032
Community Member

Hello, 

I opened an upwork freelance account and it asks for identity verification, so through my phone I take a photo of my governmental id under the command of the upwork system, also I take a selfie photo as it requests. but after a while it displays the error  message on the top with this " Action Required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started." And when I try to do the identity verification process there is no way possible to do that because it shows me a caution on yellow circles and nothing else.

So please help me to verify my identity?
f24f2b47
Community Member

Kindly I need help related to identity verification resubmission

Hi Marie,

It looks like you've already successfully completed your verification process. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths