🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538

Hi Mabel,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dcc8c0d4
Community Member

Hello

I just did again and I got a "thanks for you submission " but it still says to verify when I leave the page. I followed every single instruction and my ID is clear and not a screenshot. I don't know what else to do.

dcc8c0d4
Community Member

Please I need help!

It's urgent

Hi Mabel,

I contacted the team handling the review of your submission, and they confirmed that the ID you submitted appears to have no date of birth on it. Please be aware that your ID must meet the required information listed in this help article for our team to approve it.

Once ready to resubmit, you can go to Settings> Identity verification and submit the required documents. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
dcc8c0d4
Community Member

I don't know how to go about it cause this is the only means of identification I have and it doesn't have my DOB on it. Please is there another alternative I can verify my ID ? Pls it's really urgent 

dcc8c0d4
Community Member

Hello Team

I have been unable to verify my ID cause I was told my national ID has to come with a date of birth and the national ID ( NIN) from my country (NIGERIA) doesn't include that . That is the only means of identification I have right now as getting the others would take up to 2 months. Please can I get a manual verification or another alternative . I am in need of urgent help as I have a deadline to meet for my client.

khaledrefaat
Community Member

i'm having a problem, i cant accept client offer and i cant verify my account with my national id

Hi Khaled,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
afd19f8a
Community Member

Dear team.

I have submitted my national ID and done visual verification twice last 2 weeks, but was not able to pass the verification.

It took a week to wait for the result of verification each time, but didn't receive any email or ticket from Upwork.

They said my ID should be reviewed manually to check if the location of the profile matches the one from ID.

But after a week time, it again said failed to verify.

It has been about 3 weeks from the first verification submission. What can I do now to verify my identity?

Please help me!!!

Thank you.

Hi Christian,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
afd19f8a
Community Member

Thank you very much. Appreciate to the kind support on Upwork.

afd19f8a
Community Member

Dear team.

I have submitted my national ID and done visual verification twice last 2 weeks, but was not able to pass the verification.

It took a week to wait for the result of verification each time, but didn't receive any email or ticket from Upwork.

They said my ID should be reviewed manually to check if the location of the profile matches the one from ID.

But after a week time, it again said failed to verify.

It has been about 3 weeks from the first verification submission. What can I do now to verify my identity?

Please help me!!!

Thank you.

Hi Christian,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate the action taken on your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
afd19f8a
Community Member

Thank you very much.

52d4cc72
Community Member

when I scan QR code by Smart Phone to verify ID then email provide option shown hide so I can not verify my ID. Please help me.

Hi Lopa,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble verifying your account. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
51f437e4
Community Member

I am a little bit confused about the Identity Verification process. 

As you can see in the attached images, it seems that the process was already finished. But a error message appears saying that my account or Service is on hold.

I have tried to finish the Identity Verification process at least three times more, but the same error appears.

Do I have to wait more time or I need to make other steps? 

I am also not sure about the Identity Verification process, it seems that the process was already finished. But a error message appears saying that my account or Service is on hold.

Even I have tried to finish the Identity Verification process at least three times more, but the same error appears.

Do I have to wait more time or I need to make other steps? 

Hi Mohammad,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card or submitting a blurred image of ID. To complete your verification more efficiently, you can refer to the tips section on this help page.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Cesar,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account, and I am pleased to inform you that it has been restored.

- Pradeep

Upwork
dcc8c0d4
Community Member

Hello Team

I have been unable to verify my ID cause I was told my national ID has to come with a date of birth and the national ID ( NIN) from my country (NIGERIA) doesn't include that . That is the only means of identification I have right now as getting the others would take up to 2 months. Please can I get a manual verification or another alternative . I am in need of urgent help as I have a deadline to meet for my client.

Hi Mabel,

I am sorry to hear about your verification status. I would recommend you to communicate with the relevant team via the same notification for better assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
6a9e9335
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

I've created my id many weeks ago but i didn't received any Identity Verification for my id. I've completed all the details and all but still not receieved kindly have a look into the issue so i can verify my id and gained the trust of my clients! 

Thanks,

You cannot request ID verification. Details in the help article below.

Verify your identity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

efd74f31
Community Member

I am stuck at the QR code page on the mobile while verifying my identity!! any help, please??

fd64a908
Community Member

Hey, I am new to Upwork and I created the account just before a day ago and Now i am waiting to get start the verification so I can conitnue working. Please guide me if anyone knows about the process so I can start working and secure some good projects.

You cannot request ID verification. Details in the help article below.

Verify your identity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Is there any possibility so I can get know about the maximum time when I get the notification to verify my ID to start.

Do you have Connects to send proposals?

No I dont have connects right now but I can buy them.

Browse through your profile for indications as new freelancers now need to subscribe to Freelancer Plus plan for 20 USD/month or buy 100 Connects for 15 USD to be allowed to send proposals. After that, you get a one-time 50 Connects Bonus.

drmohamedtarek
Community Member

Same problem here.. I've been trying for the past 10 days.. I did everything I could think of

I even started a support ticket but no one answered me

I hope this resolves soon

2e357168
Community Member

I have verified on my mobile device, but I can't pass this step I enabled 2-step authentication, and I downloaded the Upwork mobile app and it setup successfully, but I can't pass this step.
I hope you can help me with my issue.
Best regards,
Thanks

Hi Hamza,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2e357168
Community Member

Hello, thanks for your response.
I recently registered on your website as a new freelancer, and everything was going smoothly until I reached the identity verification step. Unfortunately, I'm unable to proceed, and I'm not sure what the reason could be.

I have followed all the necessary steps correctly, and I have also verified my identity on my mobile device. I have enabled the two-step authentication and successfully downloaded and set up the Upwork mobile application. However, I still cannot pass this step.

And I can't pass this step as you see in the attachment file (screenshot).

I would greatly appreciate it if you could assist me in resolving this issue. Please let me know if there is any additional information or steps I need to take to complete the identity verification process successfully.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Kind regards,
Hamza Mohammed

Hello Luiggi

I seem to be the only one on this thread who hasn't received a reply from an upwork moderator

Can you help me with the verification process?

Yes I already started a ticket but it has been 6 days with no answer

Hi Mohamed,

I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cd01d479
Community Member

I'm trying to do identity verification

- I go to the identity verification page1.png

- it asks me to chose one of two option. 1. scan qr code 2. send message to mobile

- both options sends me a link to visit.

- now when I visit the link it takes me the first indentity verification page again and again.

- I am stuck in a loop

1.png

What do I do now?

Hi Mohammed,

I'm sorry you're having trouble verifying your account. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1997designer
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I recently joined Upwork. I am excited to begin working on this platform. However, I am facing an issue with the verification of my account. Despite completing my profile and providing the necessary details, my account has not been verified yet.

Could you please assist me with the steps required to complete the verification process? I am eager to start applying for jobs and collaborating with clients on Upwork.

Your prompt assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. If there is any additional information or documentation needed from my side, please let me know.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best regards,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths