🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538

Because my upwork account is already linked to my bank, just need to verify the identity but I can't do it...

some time we can face it but after 3 to 4 its can solve 

e1c220dd
Community Member

I have the same the same problem. 

e1c220dd_0-1710574500174.png

Hi Phan,

I can see that the team is currently reviewing your updated profile photo. They will be sharing an update with you in the next 24-48 hours. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
54709c3c
Community Member

Hi Guys,

My ID verification has been in question for a few days and holding up the approval process, can this be looked into please?

Hi Neil,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I see that the team has sent you an email notification about the status of your ID verification and further instructions on how to proceed. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team through that email or this support ticket linked to your case if you need assistance; they'll gladly help.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f21ede47
Community Member

I uploaded my government-issued ID and video verification two weeks ago. But it has been in the review status. I want to know why and what  I need to do to pass the verification.

Hi Meixiang,

I checked with our verification team, and I'm happy to confirm that the badge has been added to your account already. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
5c09dd39
Community Member

Dear Team,

There are two options that appear when I try to verify my identity... 1. Scan QR code, 2. Text message. I tried both options through phone. But again it brings me to the same page. 

Could you please help me to solve this technical issue !

Thank you.

Best,

Steepan

Hi Steepan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fd2ec177
Community Member

Hi 

I'm facing same issue here and I tried to click on the support ticket link you put up there it said the link has been broken. Please can you let us know what is going on? 

Hi Segun,

You couldn't click the link above because it is not a support ticket for your account. I'm sorry to hear you are also having trouble with the verification process; could you please clear your browser cache and cookies and try again? Let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
aec148ff
Community Member

I am having a problem with automatic selfie verification in that it taking too long despite my government ID verification going through smoothly. Is there a way of making the whole process smooth like having a video call with one of upwork stuff ?

Hi Bonface,

It appears that you haven't submitted any of your verification documents yet. To start the verification process, you must go to your Identity Verification page and click on "Start now". Let us know if you experience any issues with the process so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
tahir_shafeeq
Community Member

Hello,

I have created my account months ago, however, Upwork did not ask me to verify my ID, contact number, or any Government issued document?

Can anyone guide me how can I verify these?

I heard that these verifications has impact on hunting projects by clients.

thanks.

You cannot request to verify your identity.  Upwork will let you know when it’s time for you to earn the Identity Verified badge by emailing you and/or by notifying you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you so much.

e5610831
Community Member

On the Identity Verification process, when I need to " Select an ID type" the is NO options to choose from. Please check the screenshot in the attachment. And I cannot continue to the next page.

Please I need some help here, thank you..

Hi Clinton,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I clear my browser cache & cookies, but the problem still persist.

Any Updates on my issue? Because I can still not verify my identity.

Any Updates on my issue? Because I can still not verify my identity.

Hi Clinton,

I see that your case has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. A support ticket has been set up, so please allow our team more time and you will get an update on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f8233abd
Community Member

I submitted a ticket and it's 24hours and I still haven't gotten any response.  I need to know the next step to take regarding my request.

Hi Kindness,

It can take up to 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your concern. We appreciate your patience while our team reaches out to you.

- Pradeep

Upwork
e5610831
Community Member

Hi,

When I open the link and go through the process, I cannot choose an ID Type.

So when I need to choose an ID Type at the "Select an ID Type" there is nothing to choose from. Check screenshot.

e5610831_0-1710764702638.png

I've tried with different Iphone and Samsung devices but no result. I've enabled camera on browser, clear cache & cookies on browser. So I did everything that was suggested on your help page but no result.

Please let me know what I can do to verify my identity.

Thanks

Hi Clinton,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e5610831
Community Member

Hi Luigi,

Do you have any updates, because no agents has contacted me yet.

Clinton

0f298b22
Community Member

I'm having a problem uploading my ID verification. No matter what jpeg I try neither my passport nor my license work. I keep getting this message: 

We had some trouble verifying your ID

It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID. Please try again with one of the following supported types.

If you don't have a supported ID type, please contact us. 

I need help from Upwork support team, thanks 

Hi Imran,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having a problem verifying my identity ID,

I have uploaded before my government-issued photo ID, and also a selfie.

But when I reach the verification settings I got again this:

We've started a manual review
Watch your email in case we need you to answer any questions.

Incomplete step...
Until now I didn't received any email.

I need help from you guys, thanks 

ed955391
Community Member

Hello,

Please help me out.!!

I recently established a Payoneer payment method, and the Payoneer account belongs to my brother. I removed the Payoneer payment method from Upwork as it is not allowed.

Now the system is demanding me to authenticate my brother's identity using his name, which is not mine on Upwork.

Please help me address this issue as I am perplexed.

The system is showing this message below:

“Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us.”

766a55c5
Community Member

I also have a similar issue where I received a notification that I have been approved and have Connects. 

Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 5.42.35 PM.png

However, when I apply to a job, I am asked to verify again and get the following screenshot. I am unable to submit proposals, Im assuming due to this. You should not allow freelancers to upgrade their profiles to paid if they are not verified because now I'm paying but cannot do anything.

Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 5.40.33 PM.png

Hi Lauren,

I checked and saw that you've successfully earned the ID-verified badge. It is already showing on your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bf21ca95
Community Member

Hi upwork team. i've got notification to verify my account but i do it twice and now i still be able and must do the verification again and says "we've stated manual review" which i don't find anything for that "manual review". so where will it happen? or do i must press some button to do so?

bf21ca95
Community Member

1. i use my 2nd word name for my first name in upwork and is that okay for identity verification, though i've done to changed it but still processing? 
  2. i've got a identity verification notification to fulfil but now is still reviewing manually (upwork said) and what if my location is different of my gov id or driving license? because i'm a collage student in other city, and live there by rent a sharehouse, but sometimes i need to/want to go back to my actual home (which location is the same as in gov id)

please help with this, thank you 

f61f99b9
Community Member

Hello, Upwork Community!

I hope you're all doing well.

I have a problem with verifying my account: I can't move further the step where I have to choose how to continue the action on a mobile device. I've tried both options (QR code and sending text messages) but nothing works: I receive a link that returns me back to the same page and I can't move further. I thought it was just a technical problem that appeared yesterday and tried doing it again today but it still doesn't work.

Could you please help me with this problem? I need to solve it as soon as possible. Thank you in advance!

Hello UpWork,

I have same problem with verfying my account, and that is huge problem because i can not apply to new jobs now. 

Would you be kind to help us asap please? 

Thank you.

Hi Ana,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you as well. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, Ana!

How are you doing? Are there any updates on your issue? The thing is it's been 3 days already and I still have the same problem.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths