🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538

Thank you so much, I am impatient and still losing offers on this beautiful platform.
I can't send proposals,

Same here.

Upwork Team,

Can you please check on this?

Both Upwork and people like us loosing on payments because of this.

I also was asked to verify my identity on upwork, so i followed the steps like showing my id card (aadhar since I'm from India) and showing my face on camera.. Can any of the staff member confirm if my ID is received by the verification team and is undergoing the manual review or not?

Also, it still shows a continue button below it. Do I still need to attach another document other than my Aadhar document?

Hi Asmit,

After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading both sides of your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
193114cd
Community Member

Hi,

I have provided the documents and submitted them as guided, I am still seeing this message, ...... Why?

Action required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started.

Hi Faraz,

I see that the team is currently reviewing your submission manually. Please allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed. The team will let you know if there’s anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
af867c50
Community Member

this is what i am seeing from many days ="Action required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Verify your identity."  ,but when i click over verify your identity then next page is coming that is...upwork issue.pngCommunity Guidelines**

Hi Shivpujan,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this. I looked closely at your account and confirmed that you haven't submitted any acceptable IDs for us to review. Please be aware that this is by design, so you will need to scan a QR code or get the link to your mobile device via SMS to continue the process on your phone. 

You can also go to Settings > Identity Verification to see where you're at in the process. We suggest you visit this helpful article to familiarize yourself with ID verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d7ddf172
Community Member

image_2024-05-16_20-21-52.png

My profile is not visible to other users. What could be the problem?
Could this be due to the fact that I'm now waiting for my verification to be confirmed?

Hi Eugene,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that your ID has been verified, so this should no longer be the case. Your account is now active, and you will see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate the action taken on the account.

Let us know if you're experiencing the same issue; we'll investigate further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
481cfb50
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I have created my id a month ago but i didn't get the verification email yet. Please let me know if any type of verification needed so i can earn the Badge.

I hope you understand my situation
Thanks

Hi Wara,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
8982a3d0
Community Member

Comprehensive Graphic Designer - I know how to design creative logos, posters, and websites. Additionally, I specialize in crafting greeting cards for occasions such as birthdays and weddings, as well as designing food menu cards. Furthermore, I excel in designing the front page of books. I also have expertise in creating presentations and CV

58fddb13
Community Member

Hi I just got my first job and I am trying to verify my identity and its not working is there an email I can send pics of my photo id to so i can do it manually as I dont not want to lose this job or get locked out of my account. Please help ASAP

Regards

Melissa

It's also happen for me

I really need help here guys please

Hi Melissa,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges you faced while verifying your account. You cannot verify your account by sending photos via email, and you will have to upload your documents by following the ID verification process. Could you please share more details about the issue you face while uploading your documents? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,  i take the photos then it just says we are unable to recognize your document I have tried countless times and it just keeps I just want to get this sorted. It seems alot of people have this same issue

Thank you for sharing additional information, Melissa. Please refer to the tips sections on this help page to ensure your document and photos adhere to our guidelines and try uploading your documents again. Let me know if you still need assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
56c472c3
Community Member

Hi I already submmitted my I.D for verification but up the now I don't have my verification Badge. Can you please check what happened. Thank you in advance.

matif1000
Community Member

I wanted to subscribe to the paid plan, so it asked me to do ID verification, which was fine but I had not put in my full name. I updated to my full name, however the ID verification still picks up the old name.

Can someone please fix it, or put me in touch with a support person.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. You can still proceed with uploading the documents and our team will reach out to you if they need additional information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
9553277e
Community Member

I have submitted documents for identity verification 6 hours ago but there is no update yet on verification , its still showing manual review. So can anyone help me out in this?

Aman Soni

Hi Aman,

Thank you for your message. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
tecwisedesigns
Community Member

Hi, 

My ID verification process is being delayed by Upwork. My full name is not being taken by it from my Govt. ID and hence it is taking time. I want you to take it as it is there on my card. Further, you can assist me. I can share the documents if needed.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I do not see any pending verification on your Upwork account. Also, your account is active now. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know. We're here to help!

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi i commented earlier, and it seems i uploaded a wrong screenshot, I still have this issue

9a28c8ee
Community Member

Hi I'm Naveen,
I uploaded my ID and Photo for ID verification. Everthing's perfectly legible.

However It wasn't approved, and one client said that my profile shows "This profile is no longer available"
Can someone help me fix this?

Hi Naveen,

I am sorry to hear about your verification status. I checked and it appears that you have already resubmitted your documents. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
33e37caa
Community Member

Hi there,

I have a new Upwork account and  I have earned the verified badge also. I have submitted my details about my verification already but I still receive the following message :

"Some of your services are temporarily on hold

But again he showed me the verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you! GET STARTED or LEARN MORE 

What can i do in this situation? 
Please guide me! 

Thanks

Hi Misbah,

Thank you for your message. I checked and can confirm that you have successfully verified your account. Could you please try checking your account after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
8a29368f
Community Member

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I am currently encountering regarding identity verification and location confirmation on your platform.

As a resident of Turkey, I recently attempted to verify my identity using my national ID card issued by my home country. However, due to the disparity between the country of issuance and my current residence, I am encountering difficulties in confirming my location.

I understand the importance of accurate identity verification and compliance with location-based requirements. I am fully committed to adhering to your platform's policies and procedures. However, I find myself in a situation where my current residency does not align with the country indicated on my national ID card.

I am reaching out to seek guidance and assistance in resolving this matter promptly. I am willing to provide any additional documentation or information necessary to facilitate the verification process successfully.

Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am eager to continue utilizing your platform and look forward to your guidance on how best to proceed in resolving this issue.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Hello Zuhal,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Although your profile and physical location should match, we understand that sometimes you may reside in a different country from the one on your ID. In these cases, we'll automatically add additional steps to help us verify your location. You can change your profile country to match your ID or upload a supplemental document that confirms you live in the country shown on your profile.

I see that the team is currently reviewing your submission manually. Please allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed. The team will let you know if there's anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
onyiloxy
Community Member

I have been trying to verify my identity with my National Identify Management System (NIN) Slip and I kept getting "We couldn't recognize your document". How then can I verify this, please? @https://www.upwork.com/ab/step-up-verification/id/onyiloxy_1715874262862

Hi Mary,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4c70a841
Community Member

please can i be assisted too?

Hi Norman,

I see that the team is currently reviewing your submission manually. Please allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed. The team will let you know if there’s anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kimo-antimo
Community Member

Hi LuiggR, 

Please help accelerating this process for me. 

I tried to take a photo of my Egyptian National ID after selecting passport and it won’t accept my Egyptian national ID!

I have a running job and I don't want my account to be put on hold. I don't have my passport at the moment and this is an Official Egyptian ID! 

Please see attached the message I’m receiving.

IMG_4999.jpg

Hi Akram,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6fd64b9c
Community Member

I am unable to apply for jobs, I'm wondering if it's because my identity verification is still being reviewed?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths