🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
d277beaa
Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

629 REPLIES 629
725358ad
Community Member

Hello,

This issue has been going on for 3 days for me. I'm unable to withdraw funds and I believe its related to this banned, the CSR Rep dealing with my issue isn't responding since the first response. ( 2 days ago ). I'm stuck and I need to be able to withdraw my money. 

I need this to be sorted out quickly as I have an emergency and require the funds, help! 

Hi Khalid,

I'm truly sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with withdrawing your funds and the delay in responding to your support request. We understand how crucial it is for you to access your money promptly.

I have followed up with the team handling your request and I see that one of our team members has already responded to your support request. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
725358ad
Community Member

Hi, I've been dealing with this issue for three days and haven't received any assistance. Could you please take a look?

725358ad
Community Member

Hi, 

I have been having an issue and cant withdraw my money for 3 days im getting no help 

Hi Khalid,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I've followed up with the relevant team, and one of our agents will contact you. Kindly refer to your ticket for updates, and don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have additional questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
db7a551c
Community Member

I can't proceed with the identity verification because there is no " continue" or button to click on. 

Opera Snapshot_2024-05-18_130213_www.upwork.com.png

Hi Diane,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, you have already uploaded your documents and it was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. To complete your verification more efficiently, you can refer to the tips section on this help page.

- Pradeep

Upwork
725358ad
Community Member

Hi everyone

I'm extremely frustrated with Upwork support. They have ignored my messages and have been unresponsive for five days while holding my money. The few responses I got were dismissive and unhelpful. This lack of support and accountability is unacceptable. I need my funds released immediately. I have life emergency that requires payment for hospital bills and this delay will result in someone's death. I have recorded a video and took screenshots of my conversation with both UpWork and the Hospital and will post on social media for that abuse I'm getting intentionally holding my funds back for no reason.

Khalid, we're sorry for not getting back to you earlier. The team has recently shared an update with you regarding your account status via your ticket with them. Please refer to your support ticket for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4205128d
Community Member

Know Your Customer 

I wanted to purchase Freelancer plus account since the connects I got with new profile creation was 50 that I used earlier now I want to move on to plus program but for that I have to verify my identity for that I've submitted my id information in picture form uploaded for more then 48 hours now kindly guide me or resolve this issue so that I can move on. I did tried to get help from support chat but I guess that's a vertual agent or chat bot, it asked me to see If there is something in my My Requests tab or Direct email from Upwork or any thing in spam folder I did check everything but did'nt got any thing with regards to this matter. Mean while my account is on hold and this message is displaying on the top of my window.

"We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support."

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account is updated now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you PradeepH yes my account has been updated and once again much appriciated. 

Community Member

Dear concern,

I am getting below mentioned error, whenever I'm trying to add a billing method. 

Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us.

Please help needed ASAP! 

Hi Fariha,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Luiggi! Thanks for your prompt response. However, it is unfortunate that I've still not received any form of assistance to solve my issue. Could you please try and help me in resolving this at your earliest?

Thanks,

Fariha

Hi Fariha,

I'm sorry you haven't heard from the team yet. I notified them of your post, and they recently shared an update with you. Please refer to your ticket for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks again. Can/do the team respond to new messages on my ticket? It is important as I've responded to the update they have shared. It's urgent as it will guide me to the next step. Will you please let me know?

Regards,

Fariha

Hi Fariha Tasneem,

Arjay here stepping in for Luiggi. We understand that you want your ID reviewed and verified as soon as possible. Rest assured that your case is being handled by the appropriate team. Please allow them 24-48 hours; they'll surely provide an update once thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for the message. This is to let you know that the team has asked for my NIC through the support ticket. However, it won't let me submit my NIC as it asks for "expiration date". Our country do not have a expiration date for NIC. I've also let the team know through the support ticket, but I'm not sure if they can see my further messages over there in the ticket. So, I thought it would be better to inform you as well, if you can let your team know?

Thanks,

Fariha

23d6fdd2
Community Member

when i need to apply job the '' apply now '' buttom not show ordeactivated. so i cannot submit my proposal for job why the reason and how it can be solved?

Hi Lemi,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having applying for jobs. I checked your account, and it appears that you will need to verify it before you start applying. You can initiate the verification process from the Settings page. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
d812de92
Community Member

I'm with the same problem. And worst, the page of validate always return to the same previous qr-code step. I can't talk to a numan in chat. :(.

Hi Pablo,

We can confirm that one of our team members contacted you via a support ticket to assist further with your verification. Please check your ticket here and kindly follow the instruction they have provided. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

My some of service on hold after id verification. Can you help me to remove this hold? 

Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

My some service temporary on hold. Can you help me in this regard ?

Hi Ali,

We can confirm that you have successfully submitted a support ticket. Please allow our team time to review and update you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c9855600
Community Member

I have been trying to submit a **bleep** ticket.
The 'Chat With Support' feature is NOT HELPING AT ALL.
I have been facing a serious front-end issue on my profile which has not been addressed as of yet.
And, now I'm stuck in an ID verification loop.
I have been trying to reach UPWORK SUPPORT, but the USELESS chat features keeps on repeating things I dont want to hear.
Please, I need some real support, so I can explain my problem and it can be solved.
Thank you!

Ok

Hi Talha,

We value each member's journey and aim to provide the right level of support at every stage. For personalized assistance, we invite members who have completed an Upwork Academy course or achieved a revenue milestone to contact our support agents. For others, our community forums are a wonderful resource for guidance and answers to common questions, and a moderator can help escalate your question if necessary. This approach ensures effective utilization of our support resources while fostering a collaborative and self-sufficient community environment.

We've checked your account and don't see any limitations on your account. It looks like you've already completed the verification process. Please let us know if you need further assistance; we are here to help!

Thank you for your understanding and active participation!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths