🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Account Set To Private and Profile Disabl...
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

Hi Annus,

Thank you for reaching out. I have reset your profile visibility back to public status. Please note that when your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
70eff17a
Community Member

HI! Upwork community, my Upwork account has been private from the last few months, please help to public my account.

Thank you!

Hi Samina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've just successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
iman_syed
Community Member

I have sameissue. Have clicked the link several times in past few days. I only received an email claiming that my status eill get back yo public in 4 hours but nothing happens.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iman,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
93c0258d
Community Member

Please upwork, make my profile visible. I have requested but you are not making it visible. I am not getting hire from anyone.

My connects getting waste.

I have sumitted 29 proposals and I got response from only one who wad fraud person.

My request is to make my profile visible, now I am using upworj continuously.

If you applied with connects then client able to see you. Private profiles shown there.

Hi Niaz,

I hope you're having a great week! I have reset your profile visibility back to public status. Please note that when your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals! Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d58273c5
Community Member

I tried so far but this is not change & I send the proposals regularly but this is still goes private☹️

Hi Ajay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that your profile visibility does not affect your proposals' visibility. Rest assured that the clients still received your proposals but it's all up to them which proposals to view.

I've just successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
milamina
Community Member

Hi Sir,

can you please help me too? I have reset my visibility 3 times since yesterday and nothing changed please,

Thank you for your response

Hi,

I have the same problem here, can you help me, please?

Hi RANDRIAMAHALY,

I've just successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
mohsin_khurshid
Community Member

Hi, 

My account visibility has been set to private?

Please help me so that it can become public once again.

Thanks

Mohsin

Go to your profile.

Click on your picture.

Click on settings.

Enter the two required passwords.

Choose Profile Settings.

Go to visibility and make your choice.

Hi Mohsin,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
youssefkarfouh
Community Member

I have the same issue, I don't know I can't switch my account from private to public. 

Your help is highly appreciated.

Youssef

Hi Youssef,

Thank you for your message. Your profile is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

My Profile is set to private and I'm not able to make it public from my profile settings page.  Any reason behind this?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Silvi

I am also having the same issue. Please help!

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

my profile is private I would like to make it public 

64ecce7b
Community Member

hI, although I have often requested to change my profile from private to public, the change has not been made. is it possible to make my profile public please?

Hi Grazia,

Your profile visibility has been reset. You can check this help article to learn why it can automatically be changed to private.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
itsaboutcode
Community Member

Hi,

My profile is marked private today. I was wondering why it happened. 

Thanks

Adil

Hi Adil, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
wahab_9004
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team, 
My account is private not visible to public although profile is 100% complete because of not earning untill now. Can you please just once make it public so that I can start my career on Upwork?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fd64742585d45225

Hi Wahab,

I have reset your profile visibility back to public status. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
rose1224
Community Member

Abdullah, I have the same problem too. I reached out to support already and received the auto-reply email that that it will be reset after 4 hours but until now still locked to private.

Hi Florame,

I have reset your profile visibility back to public status. A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets in resetting your profile visibility so that the team could assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
azuela_jeffrey
Community Member

Hi, 

My account visibility has been set to private and requested multiple times to change it back to Public without no luck.

Please help me so that it can become public once again.

TIA

Hi Jeffrey, 

Your profile's visibility has been set to public as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
609eef32
Community Member

Hi, 

This issue of the private profile is not helpful at all with new freelancers. For three days in a row, I've been requesting my profile to be set on PUBLIC, so I can get some feedback from experts, as I'm not getting contracts. Unfortunately, the request - promised to be solved within 4 hours -  has not been addressed yet. 

I understand this is a strategy for you to get subscriptions, and I understand this is how it works and that the platform needs those payments. But I still can not access the public profile, not even with the Plan I've paid. 

How can I get my profile public back?

Thanks.

Hi Angela,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, dear Annie,

I've just checked my profile. It is still not available/not public. I've attached some evidence of it. 

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNGI appreciate your checking this matter; I just want to participate in this thread to get some advice because I'm not getting any contracts. 

Thanks. 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angela,

I can confirm your profile is currently public. Could you please check this again? We were able to update your Community profile to reflect the change and we're also unable to replicate that Availability badge message.

~Andrea
Upwork
d622f4a2
Community Member

Hi, 

I have a problem with my account, which is that my account has been changed to private and I want people to see me. I have been through a difficult period in the last time as I was sick, so I did not use my account for that time. But now I'm ready to go back.

I contacted support from here & from support page last day, and got a message that it will be reset within 4 hours. It's been 24 hours, but it hasn't changed for the public. I hope it will be changed to public as soon as possible.

I would be grateful for that.

Thank you .

Peter Ondy

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

Please also update your profile picture to a close-up image of your head and shoulders, clearly showing your face. The people you deal with on Upwork need to know that you are who you say you are, and being able to see your face is a reassuring first step. This would help you in getting clients to respond to your proposals. You can refer to this article for guidelines in choosing the best profile picture.

I wish you the best in your freelancing journey!

~ AJ
Upwork
b90eba24
Community Member

Hi, I'm not really unhappy right now. I have sent several emails to you guys asking for my account to be changed from private to public for over a month now but still, nothing has been done till this moment.

Worst still, my profile has been disabled now. I can't access my project catalog. When I try to, I get "Amina isn't taking orders for this project right now..."

This so unfair on me, I haven't even made any sales on these projects which took me time and sweat to build.

Please look into this, and fix the issue. I'm honestly tired and drained by all this

Hi Amina,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths