🐈
» Forums » Support » Profile
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818
hussain_munawar
Community Member

My profile visibility has changed to private please make it public

Hi Munawar,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
99966ad5
Community Member

Hey Annie,

My profile is also set to private, affecting my search results. Kindly turn it on for me.

Kev.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your message. I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. If your profile has been set to private due to a lack of earnings, there are several simple ways to reset it to public. To learn more, log into your Upwork account, and you’ll see a pop-up notification with your options. We also send all affected freelancers an email notification, which you can refer to for your choices. Finally, you will also see your options by clicking on the “Find Work” tab and clicking on your “Visibility” status under the “My Profile” overview on the right side of the page.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
prantajyotic
Community Member

Hi, My profile was locked in private. Kindly unlock my profile visibility to the public. Thanks.

Hi Pranta,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you, sir.

hardik_pansuriya
Community Member

My profile is being set to private. I want to set it public again because of private profile i didn't receive answer of any of my bids and my connection  got west in every next bid so any up work member help me to set my profile public

Mods/support usually will help turn your profile visibility back to public if you're restricted from doing it yourself. I hope they'll help you after reading this thread..

The rest is not really a profile problem because:

1. Clients who received your proposal can still view your profile.
  2. No answers to proposals happenned to most of us. Clients are not interested in reading all proposals they get, so more freelancers means more proposals aren't read. And Upwork mentioned a few days ago that they have more Freelancers than needed.

Hi Hardik,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now. The client can still view your profile and proposals on the job post applied by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f46ef6c9
Community Member

Mine too has been turned private

Hi Davy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you already updated your profile visibility. Feel free to reach out to us if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
saeedaqil
Community Member

Hey Every body my profile is set profile i cant set it public i need solution of that

abanoub-nasser
Community Member

Hi there,

My account was kept private because of not earning but I am earning now,
when I try to set my profile public the button gets dimmed as shown in the attached image.

please help me in making it public, thanks.

Hi Abanoub,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been set back to Public Status as requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5447b81e
Community Member

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

Hi Maryam,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been set to public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork
97716cc4
Community Member

I am Muhammad Qamar Fareed, We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
74bc40b7
Community Member

Hello,

My profile is locked at private. I need to make it public again. Please help me!

Thanks Upwork Support. It solved!!

fbf9ea72
Community Member

Hi, my account was set to private too.
I realized it too late when someone asked for my upwork profile for her to check  and she said that she can't see anything aside from my name and the proposals i sent today. Too sad for this. 😔

Hi Zekiah,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been set to public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you so much Annie Jane! Best regards

bojkovski-nenad
Community Member

Hello,

My profile is set as locked private, I requested to change the visibility, but even after 4 hours, nothing has changed yet, 

Can you please help me and change the visibility of my profile asap?

bisht-vinay
Community Member

Hi

I am now get my first job but my profile gone is private can anyone help me to make public this

Hi Vinay and Amarachi,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility has been reset now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4593acb9
Community Member

Hello Upwork team, Could you kindly assist with resolution of profile turning to private. I am unable to change it from my end. Thank you

citycomputers4u
Community Member

Hi Kate, can you help me. My profile is locked.

6b3fa816
Community Member

Hello, I am Durgesh Patel, My profile is private because of m not earning till now so please guide me to how to make my profile public.

Thank you

Durgesh Patel

Durgesh,

Please go to your Settings and change from Private to Public. Have a great day!

Hi Durgesh,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ansarabbas32
Community Member

Hi,

My Upwork Profile is Private and i want to make it Public as i am the CEO of ZeroHashtag Digital Marketing Agency , i want to make it public 

Hi Ansar,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
citycomputers4u
Community Member

My profile is locked. Can any one help me to make it public.

Hi Talat, 

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than two years, while profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

~ Avery
Upwork
127106f7
Community Member

Hello.. My account has been locked to private. Please set it to Public. 

Hi Sehrish,

~ AJ
Upwork
092c4ab0
Community Member

I am sending regularly proposal to jobs but my profile is set to private , please someone set my profile to active. thanks in advance.

Hi there, 

My account was kept private because of not earned until now, but I am sending regular proposals, please help me make it public.

thanks 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths