🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: visiblity
Page options
d5f56afc
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Please have try alot to move my account to public and yet i'm unable to move it 

Please help me to move it to public 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can switch it back to public by simply logging out and back into your Upwork account again. Note: Your profile will be automatically reset to the visibility option you had. (The options are public, only to other Upwork users, or private.) 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

358 REPLIES 358

Hi Rida,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your profile visibility has been updated. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d1acb68f
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

My account has been set to private, I am trying to make it public but am unable to do that.

Please help me make my account public.

Hi Malaika,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
47720bed
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Can you please make my profile public.

6ff55b1f
Community Member

Hi AndreaG,

I have been trying for 7 hours for soembody to respond. We are trying to post a job. Not recieving our verification email. 

Can you please help.

8714b8ba
Community Member

Hi, I have upgraded to Freelancer Plus, but I cannot switch my profile to public. Can you please help me?

Hi Roland,

I'm sorry you are having trouble switching your profile to public. Are you getting an error message when you try it? If you could share a screenshot of what you see on your end, that would be helpful. Remember that you can update your profile visibility from your Profile Settings page. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8714b8ba
Community Member

Hi LuiggiR, problem solved. Thank you for your support.
c8bdd001
Community Member

Thanks

Exactly what I did.

7a237a99
Community Member

Hello,

My profile is still set to private and locked and i have no other option of how to make it public. what do i do please? 

Thank you 

Hi Katarzyna and Christine,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~Ivy
Upwork
armatys
Community Member

Hello, Ruth

My profile was lock to private, I can not set it back to public by myself. I would appreciate help with this problem.

Thank you in advance.

filvt
Community Member

Hello,

Please assist on updating my profil into public or avaiable now. Thank you.

tinie12
Community Member

Hi, my account is Locked Private. Can you help me make it public? Thank you.

32e62ea4
Community Member

I don't know what happen my profile set as private i already done one job and have verify account kindly set this public

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. Please know that if you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When this happens, your profile is not shown in freelancer search results, but clients can still see your profile when you submit proposals. 

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. For future reference, you can request that your profile visibility be reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fac70a29
Community Member

My name is numad ali.my profile is sett to be private .kindly turn it back to public from private .I've also done my last job last month

Hi Numad,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
elena_udalova
Community Member

Hello, my account has been kept private, please help me to make it public. Thank you

Hi Elena,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4669e323
Community Member

Hi there 

Does anybody know any email addresses which you can use to get in contact with customer support, or is it purely through this forum ? Tried chatbot etc but no luck. 

It seems clear to me that Upwork's senior leadership is not actively interested in resolving the problems of mainstream users/customers.

Hi Kieran,

I’m sorry to learn you weren’t able to contact the Upwork Support Team directly, or file a ticket after interacting with the chatbot.
To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:
  1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

We'd be happy to assist you here, too. Please share more information about the issue, and we'll gladly help you with it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne 
I have tried that, it was regarding resetting my profile to public. Have tried the reset link however it doesn't seem to be working. 

Hi Kieran, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is now updated as per your request. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
737e6aee
Community Member

Hello,

I am facing an issue regarding changing my profile from private to public with Upwork support. I have tried changing it 2-3 times before and it changed first time, but this time when I click on "reset visibility," neither a popup message appears saying my profile will be public within 4 hours nor am I receiving any emails regarding this. Can someone help me with resolving this issue?

Hi Shehmeer,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9e2deb7d
Community Member

Hi! My profile is set to private locked. Please help me make my profile public.

Your profile has been set back to public as requested Muhammad. You're all set! Best of luck.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9e2deb7d
Community Member

Thanks!
8871591a
Community Member

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile is set to private now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
arch_lgh
Community Member

Hello! 
My profile is locked private. Please, i need help to get it back to public. 

thanks 

22d7f995
Community Member

my profile was locked please help how it  change private to public..

Hi Silkey,

Your profile visibility has been reset to public. You may log into your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
7f44af1a
Community Member

Hey upwork community !

Am glad to here recently i have faced issue on profile visiblity where my account is locked private . I Have tried different method including from upwork chat and youtube videos but it didn't go as planned also tries to email press@upwork and support@upwork  

Any help 🙏

Sincerity ,

Dechasa shimels

Hi Dechasa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you Nickolas for reaching me out . A day  ago my profile is back to public. Again thank you upwork community .

923fc8e5
Community Member

i want to chage my profile from private to public but it not chage through token the token is that  https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private please chage my profile to public

Hi Said, 

You need to submit your request for a change of profile visibility. The process to do it is to go to the "Help Center" and find the area of "Reset Profile Visibility". Once you have submitted it, it will not take more than 4 hours, your profile status will be changed automatically. 

However, I have attached a snip for your best understanding. 

Thank you,

Sadaqat M.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths