🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile visibility has been set back to pubic.

~Andrea
Upwork
13c28580
Community Member

Hello, my account has been seet to locked private. I've requested multiple times to reset it to public but it hasn't changed. I hope I can get help on this matter. Thanks!

Hi Raoul,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
34d5afb9
Community Member

My profile is private, I want to make it public again @upwork

I am maryrose, a rockstar customer service representative.

you open a ticket

I have done that yet, no solution 

I am maryrose, a rockstar customer service representative.

Hi Maryrose,

~Andrea
Upwork
ce50a858
Community Member

Hello, 

I noticed that my upwork profile is private. Please I would like it changed to public mode.

Thanks

Hi Nneka,

I checked and it looks like your profile is currently set to public!

~Andrea
Upwork
geng-resel
Community Member

Hey there,

Kindly check you profile information and billing requirements too. 

71f36247
Community Member

Hi support,

My account is private, I have sent an email towards this no response, kindly let me know what to do

ksmnerva
Community Member

After being inactive for months for not getting any jobs, I've started trying again. My profile has been 100% complete and even got a rising talent badge since the beginning. Been actively sending proposals and after months of trying, I got tired. But now I'm willing to do it differently. Still not getting any jobs though, especially with my profile private. Whenever I send proposals, I just attach my work samples. I'm not sure it's enough. 

Hi Karl,

Have you tried to shape your proposal each time? The key of writing a good proposal is to answer client's needs in the first sentence and then present yourself in an easy and concise way. Then clients will pay attention to you and ask you for the interview.

Regards,

Alex

Hi Karl,

I went ahead and reset your profile visibility back to public. You may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

~Andrea
Upwork
174f2c8f
Community Member

Hi,

My profile is on private mode and I've tried to set it back to public mode all to no avail, I would like it changed back to public, please help.

Thank you.

Hi Chantal,

~Andrea
Upwork
yakshsingla
Community Member

Hello Mike,

my profile visibility is private how can I resolve this please guide

Yakash

Hello Mike,

I found this post about setting your profile to the public.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060298-Set-Your-Profile-Visibility

Hello mam,

i already did all these things, but it is asking to upgrade in upwork plus

Yakash

I am not sure Yakash. Maybe you can contact upwork support

Hi Yakash,

~Andrea
Upwork
fc8bad09
Community Member

Please my account is on private. I need assistance in making it public. Thank you

Hi Lynda,

~Andrea
Upwork
1a1ff8c8
Community Member

My profile is set to private and i have chatted support more than 5 times this week. Please help me set back to public. Thanks 

Hi Tayo,

~Andrea
Upwork
cced4963
Community Member

My account is currently in private and I tried multiple times but did'nt get my profile status back to public what can I do ?

Hi Usama,

~Andrea
Upwork
094cb939
Community Member

Hi, I sent many proposals but didn't get any orders, now Upwork did private my account. so could you please let me know if I send proposals to the client, Will it be visible to them or not?

Hi Aman,

Thank you for your message. Your profile has been reset and the visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much Pardeep!

As I understand if you are on the free tier your account is private by default and you can't change it. 

The good news is that your proposals for jobs are visible to clients and they can look at your profile too as I understand based on this:  https://www.upwork.com/nx/find-work/

nikpahko_0-1665141756851.png

ps @Pradeep could you set my profile as public too?:)

Hi Ivan,

~Andrea
Upwork
nikpahko
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

I got the notification that my profile changed to private again.

nikpahko_0-1670930449678.png

And I don't see the ability to change it to Public on page https://www.upwork.com/nx/find-work/ 

and popup 

nikpahko_1-1670930564936.png

Could you please change it back to public again?

Hi Ivan,

I have reset your profile visibility back to Public Status as requested. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork
094cb939
Community Member

Could you please let me know How to publicize my profile? I didn't know how to change my private account to a public account.

pmabuts
Community Member

Go to profile and select 'Profile settings' and you'll be able to change from private status to public.

094cb939
Community Member

Yeah I have tried this solution now, but It's still private.

Hi Aman,

Thank you for your message. Your profile is set to Public already.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

got it thanks

Hello. My profile is in private and I cannot change it to public. Can you help me with this, please? Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths