🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

That's great

I understand that process, thanks.

I am also having this issue:
"You can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable."

Hi David,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
12b6cca2
Community Member

Hi, my profile has been set to private because I haven't used it in a while. Can you please change it to public?

Thanks, Raluca

Hi Raluca and Nelum,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f3dc2844
Community Member

Hi there!!
my Upwork account has been locked private,  please help me out to the visible public.
Here is the link to my Upwork profile.
https://www.upwork.com/nx/find-work/best-matches

696a51ab
Community Member

Same here, can't set my profile to public even I clicked the link too many times. Need help from moderators. Peace.

Hi Batu,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility has been updated as requested. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9a716d1b
Community Member

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

Hi Abdul,

Your profile visibility has been reset as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
idyjacob
Community Member

Please I'm Idongesit Jacob, a freelancer on Upwork. I haven't been using the account for a while now and it has been locked private and I have messaged Upwork multiple times but nothing has been done about it since September. 

Please help me resolve the situation.

Thank you very much

Idongesit Jacob

Hi Idongesit,

I'd like to confirm that your profile visibility has been reset to 'public'. You may log in and check. For more information, please check out this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork

very helpful!

idyjacob
Community Member

Thank you so much. I'm grateful

no worries about it, help is coming in!

6edc6254
Community Member

I've been resetting my profile visibility since last week, but it's still on locked private. Whenever I view my requests, all of then are marked as solved. Please help. 

Hi Casey,

Thank you for your message. I see that your profile visibility is already set to Public.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
elena-l
Community Member

I had a long break from Upwork, during my studies. Now I would like to work again as freelancer, but it seems so difficult. My profile is automatically set up offline, and I do not receive invitations. 

Anyone in the same situation before? How did you get back on track?

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4fb43850
Community Member

Hi! 

What can one do when your profile is being changed from public to private and it`s also locked to private?, done by upwork itself.

Tried sending emails to support and they`ve also responded but it is still the same.

Kindly give advice on what I can do the to change it from Locked private to Public.

Thanks in Advance!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ebiye, 

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public.  Profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years while profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

~ Avery
Upwork
70f54946
Community Member

Hi Everyone ! 

My Profile Visibility is turned to Private, Its not being Public so clients are not seeing me, How to catter this issue ??

Regards

Engr.Muhammad Mubbashar

Hi Mohammad,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to “public”. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile once you submit a proposal. For more information, please check out this help article. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
561b0c5b
Community Member

Hi, can you help please set my profile to public? please help 

Hello MD P,
To make your account public please follow these instructions:
1. Log in to your Upwork account;
2. Click on your photo at the top;
3. Make your profile visible (Public) click online.
Thank you

Hi, thanks for posting question 

1) Go to profile setting

2) Make visibility public then your online status will be shown to everyone

Hi MD,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
itsmesteff
Community Member

Hi there! What do you guys think its the best option for reactivating your profile after a break from Upwork? I've been away for a while and now I'm not getting any leads and my profile is shown as not visible/private. 

what do you recommend? 

Thank you! 

Same here, I emailed Upwork on that, andScreenshot 2022-10-06 112115.png

I got a response that I should start earning again to be able to go public once again.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Henrietta, 

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public.  Profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years while profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

~ Avery
Upwork

Go to support, explain why you were unavailable for a while, and let them know if you are ready to work on the account and promote the marketplace's integrity. After that, they will bring up some options, click on set your profile visibility, and click on read article, and you will be taken to another page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find a link to a GOOGLE CONSOLE SEARCH; click on it, then click on new request, and paste your account profile. I've tried it several times, and you definitely get what you want if you follow the procedure exactly.

Hi Stephanie!

Contact the customer support and ask them you were inactive for a few months but now you wanna work again on upwork. They’ll make it public. I have tried. My profile was private. I started applying to the job and I got a response so I contacted Customer support and ask him to make it public so that I could get more work.

Also, when you start sending proposals, your profile visibility will automatically be public. 

Hope it will work for you! 

Hi Ammara, 

Can't thank you enough for sharing this piece of information. 

hi,

Got to contact with the Desk/ chat with them if you can't find that exact answer. 

I realized that leaving Upwork for some time meant that I had to start from scratch with my bidding! My profile had a huge gap in work, and I wasn't getting any leads with the proposals I sent. I ended up lowering my rate drastically, and I'm slowly making my way back to where I was 4 years ago! 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephanie, 

I set your profile visibility to public. You can check out more info about this here.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you! 

sharjeel71005
Community Member

Hi everyone, my profile is set to private due to no activity for few days. I've requested Upwork support to set it public many times and every time I receive an email that you request has been received and your profile will be public in 4 hours but nothing happened. I've submitted the request multiple times but nothing happens. Can everyone help on this? Private profile settings 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths